Zipline on Oasis

Unless I'm getting confused with some other activity, spectacles would be the same as sunglasses. They are concerned with anything falling off the rider.

Well that's going to be an issue for me as I do want to try this out..... If I can't see clearly there'll be no point..... sigh..... :eek:

Well that's going to be an issue for me as I do want to try this out..... If I can't see clearly there'll be no point..... sigh..... :eek:

Maybe they will allow spectacles if you have one of those sports bands attached?

When someone says "spectacles", interpret that as ordinary glasses, not sunglasses. That would mean going totally blind for people like me. Some how that seems less safe that wearing them.

At least in the case of the zipline, they are concerned about items falling off of the rider and hitting guests on the Boardwalk below.

Is there ever a ship photographer there? Plan on surprising my kids by doing this.....

ETA Just signed online waiver

It states : Zip Line has a height restriction of 52" / 1320mm tall and weight restriction of maximum 275 pounds / 125 kilograms, which will be validated on board. Please read the waiver carefully to make sure the guest meets these requirements. There may be additional restrictions that will be validated on board. For your convenience, you may print the terms and conditions for your records by clicking the link below. You aren't required to bring a copy with you on board.

The pictures are taken automatically and will be dislayed with the photos. I look great, wife scared ....less!

The pictures are taken automatically and will be dislayed with the photos. I look great, wife scared ....less!
I've done the zip-line on both Oasis and Allure and didn't know they took pictures:( Have they always done taken these, or is this new? I do look at my photos, but even with a free photo I rarely get one; I might have gotten a zip-line photo if I had seen one. [My free photos usually goes to some young couple who are looking longingly at their pictures, but wondering if it is really worth $20 - I offer to "buy" them one (always the big spender:D)]

Thom

I've done the zip-line on both Oasis and Allure and didn't know they took pictures:( Have they always done taken these, or is this new? I do look at my photos, but even with a free photo I rarely get one; I might have gotten a zip-line photo if I had seen one. [My free photos usually goes to some young couple who are looking longingly at their pictures, but wondering if it is really worth $20 - I offer to "buy" them one (always the big spender:D)]

they are on display, but usually tucked away in the rear of the photo area.

OK, so if I want to do the zip line I have to show up with my walking shoes on (or equivalent), can't wear my sunglasses, have anything in my pockets, and most certainly guess I couldn't have the mini backpack I usually carry on board.

Can I at least wear a sea pass holder around my neck?

Feel like I'm going to have to run back and forth to my cabin just to try the zip line!

I've done Flow Rider once on Liberty, that was enough. And can't picture myself hanging off a wall. But the zip line seems cool.

Regarding glasses - prescription or sunglasses - I wish I could remember - I have watched quite a few people and family members!

I am thinking that glasses were okay - you are wearing a helmet which I thik fits pretty snugly - would think that would hold the glasses in place. I am sure someone must know!

Is there ever a ship photographer there? Plan on surprising my kids by doing this.....

ETA Just signed online waiver

It states : Zip Line has a height restriction of 52" / 1320mm tall and weight restriction of maximum 275 pounds / 125 kilograms, which will be validated on board. Please read the waiver carefully to make sure the guest meets these requirements. There may be additional restrictions that will be validated on board. For your convenience, you may print the terms and conditions for your records by clicking the link below. You aren't required to bring a copy with you on board.

So it's really for kids then? No one over 4ft 4in (52in)??

Or is that must be AT LEAST that tall?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Iamthesea - thanks for the offer! We are planning to be at Giovanni's for lunch then so will have to do the zip line a different time. Maybe we will see you at Rising Tide after and get the low down :)

Oh shoot! And I was going to take video. :)

Let's hope it's not a low down. We want DH to stay up in the air. :D