Poor Shadow Reviews

ssawjo

We were on the Shadow May 15-22. I agree that some of the common area carpets (such is those adjacent to doorways to the outside) looked a bit stained or faded, tho I honestly would not have noticed this I had I not been on this Board prior to the trip and read some comments about this - this is just something that would not have been on my radar absent someone flagging it). I did not notice any rundown-type issues in other areas of the ship, but maybe I am oblivious. Our stateroom (610) was absolutely fine. I did not notice any issues with the woodwork, finishes, soft goods, etc. Our bathroom was in excellent condition and worked perfectly. The only "issue" (and it was not a problem) was that the sliding door to the balcony was extremely stiff/difficult to slide open - it could be done, you just had to apply some muscle ;)

We were on the Shadow back in September, 2013. Yes -- there were worn carpets but it did not interfere with the enjoyment of our cruise. However, we were aware that the ship was about to be refurbished....... and, now, 9 months later, it is disturbing to learn that the carpets were not replaced. To me, this indicates a lack of caring on the part of Silversea management. Until I hear that the ships are being taken care of, we will not book another Silversea cruise. It is really a shame because we love the Shadow and Whisper and find the service to be exemplary.

Observer, I did post quite a bit during the cruise on the thread I started, Shadow Hong Kong to Tokyo to Seward, last post on that thread was May 20, and addressed many of these questions.

Yes, the Shadow has plenty of faded, stained carpets. I was told that they would be doing replacements during the Alaska season, largely at night. We have been on other ships where this has been done, and it was quiet and unobtrusive, so let's hope.

Thanks, Wellseasoned. I probably did not read that other thread -- or, if I did, I failed to connect the dots.

Does anyone know whether Silversea is in fact replacing Shadow's carpets and perhaps other soft goods, etc., during the Alaska season?