Do you love aft balcony?

Greenesailor

but the best. Hard to explain. The wake. In the daytime it is pleasing and still. But at night it is magical, hypnotic and almost spiritual. Sitting out there in the still darkness, hearing the wake, is something unique and takes me somewhere. No other feeling like it in the world.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

this!! facebook-like-icon.jpg.f933527d6405828fa8d93ceacedb8d81.jpg

Keep the aft comments coming! We'll be in an aft suite on the Sun (#9076) this June and reading all of these is getting us even more pumped... :)

Jim

Jim, have cruised 26 nights in 9076 and will be in 9276 for 15 in Oct. my favorite ship. My favorite suite. Hope you love it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim, have cruised 26 nights in 9076 and will be in 9276 for 15 in Oct. my favorite ship. My favorite suite. Hope you love it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Donna! Our very first cruise...

73 days! Not that i'm counting... :)

Jim

The Host should shut this thread down so that NCL doesn't read it and up the prices some for aft cabins.

Too late... they already know. When I first started cruising the first few were the same prices as other suites. Then I think they kept reading how much everyone loved them and how they seemed to be the first ones booked so they upped the prices.:mad: Oh, well can't blame them for wanting to be profitable.;)

Edited by cruiseat50

The peace and quiet! The view of the ship's wake. Also I don't consider the walk a negative....... the more exercise you do....more food you can eat. LOL

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Ditto.. we stayed in an aft 3 years ago and now it is the only place we want to stay :D

Last year we were in Aft PH on the Epic - loved it and booked it again this year..and we definitely did not mind the walk to the Haven restaurant or Posh area.

Next year we are staying in the AFT PH on the Getaway- Can't wait to check out that balcony and view!

We booked aft balcony 9174 on the Gem for May 17th. I've been counting down ever since I'm at 34 days as of today. We did this same cruise 2 years ago and I spent most of my time sitting at The Great Outdoors at a table near the rail watching the water. I can't wait!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

The Host should shut this thread down so that NCL doesn't read it and up the prices some for aft cabins.

To late to close that gate !! That horse got out of the coral in 2011. :(

When we booked aft cabin 9077 on NCL Sun in 2010 they WERE a Cat. BD one of the lowest categories and cheapest .

That swinging motion puts you to sleep like an infant...so incredible...best sleep in my life :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's what it does to me too". I get the best sleep in the aft cabin! We have a deck 9 aft in 2 weeks on the BA...can't wait! My husband wears the patch (prescription from the Dr) so the motion doesn't bother him. We love sitting out on the balcony at night, listening to the wake...Ahhh, wish we were there now! On the Gem we had 10168 and every night there was music in the Great Outdoors, so we sat on our deck in our PJ's, having a glass of wine, listening to the music...it was awesome!

Another aft lover here!

3 out of 4 cruises have been aft cabins so far.

Last one was not and I really missed the view, extra quiet, extra privacy.

We have never had garbage, soot, steak or spit come onto the balcony.

Unless you have a mobility issue, it really is not that far from one end to the other of the ship, at least for us (and we are getting pretty old & lazy ;) ) and most of the time it is not the whole ship length you need to cover.

Go aft, but please keep your enthusiasm down....sshhhhhh. (Secret best kept)

thanks for this thread; have the aft 9916 on the breakaway to bermuda this june; not our first cruise but our first aft; since i became diasbled i figure the huge balcony will be where i spend a lot of my time especially docked in bermuda for 3 days, and it sure does look huge; could be our preferred location for all future cruises based on what i read here and what we will hopefully experience on the cruise;

• 4 weeks later...
Close to 30 cruises and most b2b all in aft cabins and have even turned down to upsells just to keep our aft.

Same here - I would even choose another ship if aft cabins are not available! :cool:

Edited by CruisingLion

thanks for this thread; have the aft 9916 on the breakaway to bermuda this june; not our first cruise but our first aft; since i became diasbled i figure the huge balcony will be where i spend a lot of my time especially docked in bermuda for 3 days, and it sure does look huge; could be our preferred location for all future cruises based on what i read here and what we will hopefully experience on the cruise;

We are on the GA in 9318 and despite the comments about the LONG walk to get to the room, I think our walk was actually shorter than some rooms on the sides of the ship. You'll love the aft balcony. I spent a lot of time out on ours. Got through about 8 books on my kindle this week sitting out there listening to the wake. So peaceful. Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I did an aft junior suite on RC Explorer last year and it was really disappointing. It's the super structure type where the balcony is mainly all covered. However I'm doing an aft PH for two weeks on the Jade in August and hoping for more room and more sun :D

I am looking to upgrade to either a large balcony or an aft balcony on BA, wondering if the partitions on the aft cabin balconies block views to the shoreline, side views I am trying to say I guess. It is hard to tell from the pictures. We like to watch the ship coming into port, leaving, etc. I am imagining blinders on a horse and not being able to see everything!

thank you!

deb

Way too late for that. I've sailed in aft mini suites for years and watched the prices increase each year. My upcoming 14-day Jade aft minisuite was a full $1000 more than a midship mini. :mad: If I didn't get it almost free from CAS, I would not pay that much more for it.