Getaway aft facing penthouse

JsMom2

I stayed in 11908 about a month ago. Although not a comprehensive tour, it gives you an idea of what to expect. There are several different configurations, and each balcony varies in size, so there's no officially supplied floor plan. 11908 is one of the aft suites with the bedroom towards the balcony. I'll be sailing again in 5 weeks in another aft penthouse with the master bath towards the balcony to see which I prefer.

The living area is definitely on the smaller side for a suite, but nonetheless fairly well designed with plenty of storage space and easily accessible amenities. The furniture is tiny, so the room is a lot smaller in real life than in photographs. The fact that the average sized phone is nearly as large as the table lamp gives some sense of scale. There's a dining table with four chairs for meals, although I doubt it's large enough to comfortable serve a full meal for four at a time. Just the usual plates of canapés, chocolate goodies, sandwiches, chips and guacamole took up the entire table every afternoon! Unless you're a Lilliputian, you'll also end up hitting your table mates' legs.

DSC_6158_zpsb986efd9.jpg

The sofa can be transformed into a particularly hard and uncomfortable bed at night. It's not nearly as comfortable as the sofa beds in the forward penthouses onboard (they aren't the same design).

DSC_6160_zpscf2102db.jpg

The regular bed, however, is extremely comfortable. Amongst the best afloat.

DSC_6168_zps1fb02558.jpg

The bedroom also has plenty of closet and drawer space. Unfortunately, the TV wasn't particularly responsive to the remote control commands.

DSC_6166_zpsa8577a17.jpg

The tub in the bathroom is huge, although I would have preferred to have seen a TV provided in here as well.

DSC_6163_zps03d7ce51.jpg

I didn't take any photos of the balcony, but here's the view from it as we left Miami. It was huge with two loungers, a side table, a dining table, and four chairs. Breakaway/Getaway has a particularly bad problem with soot falling on the aft decks, so the whole area was covered in black soot for most of the cruise. There was also an ever-present odor of gas exhaust while underway. This happens on all ships, but on Breakaway/Getaway it seems to happen with greater regularity. It's so bad that I've booked a forward penthouse on Escape in anticipation of it remaining an issue on the next generation of ships.

DSC_6186_zpsbd71ba3b.jpg

I stayed in 11908 about a month ago. Although not a comprehensive tour, it gives you an idea of what to expect. There are several different configurations, and each balcony varies in size, so there's no officially supplied floor plan. 11908 is one of the aft suites with the bedroom towards the balcony. I'll be sailing again in 5 weeks in another aft penthouse with the master bath towards the balcony to see which I prefer.

The living area is definitely on the smaller side for a suite, but nonetheless fairly well designed with plenty of storage space and easily accessible amenities. The furniture is tiny, so the room is a lot smaller in real life than in photographs. The fact that the average sized phone is nearly as large as the table lamp gives some sense of scale. There's a dining table with four chairs for meals, although I doubt it's large enough to comfortable serve a full meal for four at a time. Just the usual plates of canapés, chocolate goodies, sandwiches, chips and guacamole took up the entire table every afternoon! Unless you're a Lilliputian, you'll also end up hitting your table mates' legs.

DSC_6158_zpsb986efd9.jpg

The sofa can be transformed into a particularly hard and uncomfortable bed at night. It's not nearly as comfortable as the sofa beds in the forward penthouses onboard (they aren't the same design).

DSC_6160_zpscf2102db.jpg

The regular bed, however, is extremely comfortable. Amongst the best afloat.

DSC_6168_zps1fb02558.jpg

The bedroom also has plenty of closet and drawer space. Unfortunately, the TV wasn't particularly responsive to the remote control commands.

DSC_6166_zpsa8577a17.jpg

The tub in the bathroom is huge, although I would have preferred to have seen a TV provided in here as well.

DSC_6163_zps03d7ce51.jpg

I didn't take any photos of the balcony, but here's the view from it as we left Miami. It was huge with two loungers, a side table, a dining table, and four chairs. Breakaway/Getaway has a particularly bad problem with soot falling on the aft decks, so the whole area was covered in black soot for most of the cruise. There was also an ever-present odor of gas exhaust while underway. This happens on all ships, but on Breakaway/Getaway it seems to happen with greater regularity. It's so bad that I've booked a forward penthouse on Escape in anticipation of it remaining an issue on the next generation of ships.

DSC_6186_zpsbd71ba3b.jpg

Funny you mention the TV issue. We had one that seemed to work some days and not others. The one in the bedroom always worked fine. Kept thinking to ask butler to swap out batteries but then it would seem to work a bit better.

When you mention "gas" smell, do you mean the sewage smell?