Ketchikan vs seattle for duck tour

luv2gamble

Our group of 4 adults did the duck tour in Ketchikan. It was pouring rain, we walked over to buy tickets when we docked and then wandered around town until the time. All of us had waterproof jackets and made the most of that day and enjoyed the tour.

I'll see if I have any good photos when I get on a computer.

Things are more expensive in Alaska because the tourist season is short and regular necessity prices are more for the locals year round.

Thanks! Yes, everyone is saying waterproof jackets and all I can picture is a plastic type raincoat. Windbreaker, fleece underneath and then a long sleeve shirt under that. I was just going to use a heavy winter coat but appears thats a big NO NO lol:confused:

LOL, Didnt see you come from Washington. Since you live in the area, I booked Spring Hill Suites Downtown Seattle by Marriott for the day b4 the cruise. Its only for one night but just wondering if you know anything good or bad about it? ty

I've never stayed there so don't know anything about it.

I've seen it many times from the hwy as I drive by ... not the most convenient location for sightseeing, but then again, downtown Seattle is small so if you get tired of walking, a cab will be $10 or less. If you got a great deal on the place, what's a $10 cab fare.

Read enough reviews on tripadvisor, expedia, etc and you'll find the common pros/cons about the place.

I've never stayed there so don't know anything about it.

I've seen it many times from the hwy as I drive by ... not the most convenient location for sightseeing, but then again, downtown Seattle is small so if you get tired of walking, a cab will be $10 or less. If you got a great deal on the place, what's a $10 cab fare.

Read enough reviews on tripadvisor, expedia, etc and you'll find the common pros/cons about the place.

Free breakfast and free shuttle downtown and center...not the the ship...but im using flatrateforhire.com they go by zip code...ship and hotel same zip..only $5 for the two of us from hotel to pier....only $29 from airport to hotel...hotel i booked 6 weeks ago for only $149 and no cancellation fee unless within 24 hrs of arrival. matter of fact, didnt have to pay until I arrive also. Just had to give credit card to hold room :D Thanks for your help

Thanks! Yes, everyone is saying waterproof jackets and all I can picture is a plastic type raincoat. Windbreaker, fleece underneath and then a long sleeve shirt under that. I was just going to use a heavy winter coat but appears thats a big NO NO lol:confused:

DH and I both had waterproof windbreakers from an Eddie Bauer outlet. He had on a t-shirt and a long sleeved t-shirt, I had a t-shirt and a light weight LL Bean polar fleece. Our day in Skagway it warmed up enough for just a t-shirt in the afternoon. The only day I needed to double up on sweaters was when the ship was cruising to Sawyer Glacier in Tracey Arm Fjord.

CreekStreet_zpsaa77f852.jpg

The duck tour boats are different than most cities because they are enclosed for the weather. I was able to get pretty decent photos out the open porthole windows.

DuckTourwindow_zpsf36553de.jpgFishingBoat_zps40606892.jpg