Favourite salmon bake?

Fog123

Traveling on Volendam in July. Husband has decided he wants to do a salmon bake. We are stopping in Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan.

He really hadn't given me any guidance other than it should have salmon.

Any suggestions on what you enjoyed?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We did the Salmon Bake/Mendenhall Glacier excursion in Juneau and loved it! I haven't had the opportunity to do a salmon bake anywhere else, but Juneau was scrumptious.

However, take a look on Yelp on the Gold Creek Salmon Bake - Juneau and read the reviews for yourself. They are mixed...but you should hopefully be able to find someone's review and tailor it toward your own taste preferences. The salmon is glazed, so if you're into "pure" tasting salmon, this may not be the best choice. I found the glaze to be nothing but complimentary to the fish and getting it HOT off the grill...amazing.

Good luck with your decision!!

We have booked a float plane to fly us out across the beautiful glaciers to the remote Taku Lodge location, which cannot be accessed by road!:cool: Just google Taku Lodge salmon bake in Juneau to see the videos of the trip!! Can't wait!! Have heard that the Gold Creek salmon bake has tons of people, even people just walking up to pay and eat, so lines may be long at times. At the Lodge, there should be no more than 20-30 people at one time (at least that's what I've heard from people who have gone). The location looks absolutely beautiful!!:D

We have booked a float plane to fly us out across the beautiful glaciers to the remote Taku Lodge location, which cannot be accessed by road!:cool: Just google Taku Lodge salmon bake in Juneau to see the videos of the trip!! Can't wait!! Have heard that the Gold Creek salmon bake has tons of people, even people just walking up to pay and eat, so lines may be long at times. At the Lodge, there should be no more than 20-30 people at one time (at least that's what I've heard from people who have gone). The location looks absolutely beautiful!!:D

This is one of the best tours we have ever taken in Alaska. Gorgeous sites of glaciers and the Taku Lodge is in an awesome location. Food is s-o-o-o delicious. We have done this twice and would do it again in a heartbeat.

This was our favorite one. The flight over there via the sea plane was a great experience. The bears were there at the lodge too, waiting for the cooks to finish grilling the salmon then they went after the leftovers in the grill. They do have less people eating as it's served inside compared to some of the others that are outside under a shelter. Those were more crowded such as the one in Liarsville, that we have done twice.

The Gold Creek Salmon bake does do a good job, and is a great option for many people. Recommending a flight, would be for those, who have the interest is a completely different tour. Big differences between the costs.

The salmon bake, reference to lines etc, isn't that much of an issue. You may be in some short lines, but the bake is well planned out and seats and serves large numbers, very efficiently. It isn't difficult to get hot, good salmon. :) I recommend, booking when you get there. They run a loop shuttle bus, and in foul weather, the salmon bake may not be as much interest.

Liarsville, is also mentioned. who also have a well managed bake.