Geiranger fjord

silversurf

We are going on the Azura cruise to fjords starting on 3 May. Our ship docks in Geiranger at 08.30, but I'd like to be up really early and watch our approach through the fjord. Does anyone know the approximate time that it enters the fjord?

We are going on the Azura cruise to fjords starting on 3 May. Our ship docks in Geiranger at 08.30, but I'd like to be up really early and watch our approach through the fjord. Does anyone know the approximate time that it enters the fjord?

About 3 hours I think! Don't forget you'll see it on the way out too :)

It's a long fjord, just stay up late. :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would say be up about an hour ahead of docking time and catch the rest on the way back out in the evening. I was a beautiful misty arrival when I arrived last September aboard Saga Rose. It was even lovelier the fact that we were the only ship there too!

IMGP4599.jpg.1aa159fdd8763535e984594c7238b182.jpg

IMGP4609.jpg.92f23e99a2bdc8f850b7f4dd30426750.jpg

IMGP4615.jpg.8c166b2a94a6ef9d97f1dee98f7d26f7.jpg

IMGP4618.jpg.4b1e0e5d8d14f1943ceaada84d5a5b73.jpg

IMGP4635.jpg.b56e96e5e75432d8113afb590bde37e3.jpg

The Captain told us what time we were entering the fjord and when would be a good time to get up on deck for photos/views. Early morning was magnificent - but you do see it on the way back too if early mornings are not for you.

I would say be up about an hour ahead of docking time and catch the rest on the way back out in the evening. I was a beautiful misty arrival when I arrived last September aboard Saga Rose. It was even lovelier the fact that we were the only ship there too!

Saga Rose looks just right. Somehow these mammoth boats demean the grandure of the fjord

Saga Rose looks just right. Somehow these mammoth boats demean the grandure of the fjord

Couldn't agree more. Also, Bergen was the only port of any size and all the others that we called into would have been totally overwhelmed with thousands of visitors. We had lots of space wherever we were in September.

those photos look amazing - i'm also on A410 and can't wait to sail through this particular fjord - plan to be up VERY early on that morning maybe get up 5am to get on the balcony with my duvet wrapped around me to see this!! binoculars and camera at the ready!!