Allure boarding?

DH & I are platinum & we are traveling with our young adult kids who are gold. I booked both cabins & am paying for kids onboard expenses. Just wondering if they can get in line with us & I can check them in or do they have to go to the "gold" line & check themselves in?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH & I are platinum & we are traveling with our young adult kids who are gold. I booked both cabins & am paying for kids onboard expenses. Just wondering if they can get in line with us & I can check them in or do they have to go to the "gold" line & check themselves in?

The port people will usually allow your group to stay together in the Platinum line.

If you have signed up their account to the same credit card that you are using, then they need to board with you.

I called to ask this same question in November, when we took our son and DIL with us on the Allure. We'd paid for the cruise, and purchased excursions and some spa treatments for them, but they used their own card for on board stuff. I was told that if they used their own card when filling out the online check in information, they went in the "gold" line. If they used our credit card, they would board with us. We went in separate lines, but that only parted us for 10 minutes at most, as both lines were moving very quickly that day..

Edited by Gayle V

The credit card should not make the difference, we usually board all together (we are a family of 7 and have four rooms) so we planning on checking in all together with the same person in hopes all of us can go platinum line as my other half and I are platinum...I would think it depends upon the check in person.