Reflection and Blu

aquaclass

A number of websites say that Blu on Reflection has 24 additional seats. Is that true? If Blu were a bit larger, I would assume the additional seats fit nicely, but if not, it would seem that it would really "jam" people in.

I have seen floorplans for Blu on other S Class ships but not a floorplan for Reflection showing additional seating.

Any help?

Blu on Reflection is very crowded. Too many people,too little space. Tables and chairs are indeed jammed. I love AQ and have been in Blu for at least 20 cruises. Do not plan to do Blu on Reflection again. They do have some wonderful servers.

Remember, every cruise is different. Some are full to capacity, some have cabins available. Some peopleloke to eat early and some late. If not evenly divided there could be a cruch at particular times. I've experienced this both early and late. Some people are very social and want to sit close to others for conversation. Some like privacy and really don't want to talk to those close by. No rights or wrongs, just different cruises with different people.

Edited by Orator

I've only been on one cruise but it was on Reflection in Aqua. Although Blu may (according to some) be more crowded than other ships, we never felt crowded. The tables may be closer together than those at restaurants in your locale but I did not find them to be much closer than tables in typical restaurants in major cities such as as New York or Chicago. Also, we never had to wait for a table. We really enjoyed it and will be booking Aqua on Reflection for our cruise next winter.

Edited by wpgcycler

I've only been on one cruise but it was on Reflection in Aqua. Although Blu may (according to some) be more crowded than other ships, we never felt crowded. The tables may be closer together than those at restaurants in your locale but I did not find them to be much closer than tables in typical restaurants in major cities such as as New York or Chicago. Also, we never had to wait for a table. We really enjoyed it and will be booking Aqua on Reflection for our cruise next winter.

I agree with wpgcycler. The tables may have been close (although many restaurants in Baltimore, DC and NYC have closer tables), but I never felt like I was encroaching on my neighbors or obligated to talk to them -- in fact, my wife and I had many enjoyable conversations with other couples. We only had to wait 1 night for a table (about 5 minutes), as we hit a busy spot based on that evening's showtimes. We thought Blu was so terrific that we booked a January 2015 Reflection cruise in Aquaclass with our children (age 20 and up), as we know they will really enjoy the Blu experience (food and atmosphere).

Blu on the Reflection is one foot wider. With the increased number of passengers able to eat there, it is crowded and it takes it toll on the staff. Never again on Reflection. We did Blu on Silhouette after Reflection and there was no comparison.

We just came off of the Reflection and Blu was 1/2 empty every single night. They offer specialty dining discounts to Aqua clients every night except the last. I think that's why it was so empty. :). We were pleased. However, there were children in Blu this time, that shocked me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums