Recommendation for information to be included on roll call page

denmarks

I have maintained my own website for the past few cruises where I keep track of the activities for the roll call. I enjoy adding features to the site since its main purpose is to give me a way to play around with the code. I would like to have ideas for features that I can add. I do not use a database so do not recommend anything that is huge such as the entire Princess cruise schedule. Take a look at the current site (link below) and let me know your ideas.

Edited by denmarks

WOW. That is great just as it is. I wouldn't change, add or delete anything from it. If you don't mind I might share this with some of my roll call friends on the Royal Caribbean site.

Edited by lady_cruiser

I have maintained my own website for the past few cruises where I keep track of the activities for the roll call. I enjoy adding features to the site since its main purpose is to give me a way to play around with the code. I would like to have ideas for features that I can add. I do not use a database so do not recommend anything that is huge such as the entire Princess cruise schedule. Take a look at the current site (link below) and let me know your ideas.

Great job! Only thing that would interest me would be the number of formal nights and which night they are scheduled. I'm not sure if that is available, but you did a fabulous job!

All you need is the ship's Staff, Captain, Maitre 'd, Hotel Manager, Food & Beverage manager, Cruise Director, Captain Circle Host, Executive Chef, and Doctor on board. May have missed a few. Great site. Thanks

Great job! Only thing that would interest me would be the number of formal nights and which night they are scheduled. I'm not sure if that is available, but you did a fabulous job!

That is shown on the calendar in the right column. It says "formal night" in blue.

All you need is the ship's Staff, Captain, Maitre 'd, Hotel Manager, Food & Beverage manager, Cruise Director, Captain Circle Host, Executive Chef, and Doctor on board. May have missed a few. Great site. Thanks

That would be nice but I doubt that Princess would even have all that information available this early.

That would be nice but I doubt that Princess would even have all that information available this early.
The correct list of ship's officers is only available at the start of the month of sailing.

I think there is too much ship detail (tonnage, etc.) in the web page. It would be good if your page contained links to Princess FAQ's, and dress code, plus other frequently asked information.

One of the most successful web pages for a roll call that I was on had a page for photos so we could recognize each other, quick biographies (interests, etc), and another for excursions people planned to be on for each port. I will typically ask that people temporarily change their CC Avatar to a photo about a month before the cruise, and then change back to whatever they normally use after the cruise.

The screen name list needs to have a place for sailing partner's names.

Edited by Times Prince

Thanks for some of the ideas.

I have added private tours in the past if they are organized by members. I do not want to have advertising on the page.

There are photos of members (they get large when you hover) and the first names are also there.

There is an area called "special" that usually contains any member requests such as partners to rent a car. Mini bios might be nice but I can't even get photos from many members.

A small suggestion for the itinerary. Add other ships in port and port load, available from cruisett. Not always accurate, but handy info anyway. Also which dock if multiple docks as in St. Thomas or Curacao.

Great design!

Very professional...you obviously enjoy doing this. Maybe you could add a projected weather forecast for the cruise period? There is a site that offers this service.

http://www.cruiseoutlook.com/

I haven't used it myself, so cannot comment on accuracy, but it could be worth a look.

(BTW, I took a copy of your list of commonly used acronyms...very handy when cruising the CC boards)

All the best with your Mexico cruise.:)

Edited by Kinkacruiser