Oasis table for 12

Has anyone had or seen a table for 12 in the MDR on the Oasis? Travel agent says we can only have 2 tables of 6. It is 6 couples cruising and we really wanted to all eat together each night.

Thanks!!!!

We had a table for 13 on the Oasis in the summer of 2012. It's definitely possible.

Good luck!

One more...we had a table for 12 on Allure. No problem. Oblong shape. Tough for one end to talk to the other, so conversation is sort of "regional." But those in the center can join either side. I actually preferred it to splitting into 2 tables. When split into 2 tables service can be at a different rate, you never talk to anyone at the other table, etc. Just my preference.

One more...we had a table for 12 on Allure. No problem. Oblong shape. Tough for one end to talk to the other, so conversation is sort of "regional." But those in the center can join either side. I actually preferred it to splitting into 2 tables. When split into 2 tables service can be at a different rate, you never talk to anyone at the other table, etc. Just my preference.

We had a table for 10. I hated it. Those in the middle had to have a swivel head. Those at the ends could not converse with those at the other end.

I would much rather have 2 tables, and switch the seating every night.

We have a group of 12 on our upcoming Allure cruise. We were initially booked in My Time Dining because it was the only thing available when the last of our group booked. I contacted RCCL dining dept and they suggested that if we want to all sit together, a traditional dining time is highly recommended because it would be unlikely we'd all be able to sit together each night (even with advance reservations). We took their advice and the dining dept was able to move us all to the traditional dining time.

We had a table for 10. I hated it. Those in the middle had to have a swivel head. Those at the ends could not converse with those at the other end.

I would much rather have 2 tables, and switch the seating every night.

Can you clarify how this would be different from simply swapping seats around the same table?

Can you clarify how this would be different from simply swapping seats around the same table?

I am at one end. Someone at the far end says to me "Whaol*(&40 are ))*yop8_)* plans _(_*(_(&*(*(????"

I say WHAT?

They say "What a084re you*( plans_)*(% for *)(*)(*

I say WHAT?

They say: "Whaol*(&40 are ))*yop8_)* plans _(_*(_(&*(*(????"

I ask someone sitting between us: Can you repeat what she said?

HUH?

What Sally said, could you repeat that for me, and on and on and on.

This is just my experience from two cruises sitting in the MDR at two 10 tops.

To further clarify, our last cruise was the three of us. We were at a table with a couple and their two teenage daughters, a round table. When someone spoke, everyone could listen and all could participate in the conversation. We had a great time.

Edited by LA_CA_GAL