2015 Brides!

So where are you all in the planning process?

So far we have sent out our save the dates and set up a facebook group that has been super super helpful. It has helped get people excited about the cruise and is just another place for people to get information about it other than our wedding website.

We currently have 25 people for sure going on the cruise and around 10 confirmed non-cruising. We are thinking it will be around 50 total once everyone confirms but we aren't getting married until January so there's a little bit of time still.

I SO wish we lived close enough to tour the boat and attend someone's wedding from afar like people have talked about but we live in Chicago so that isn't really possible :( I've loved reading other's reviews though!

Our wedding cruise departs Ft Lauderdale February 1, and we have requested to get married on Feb 3! We are going on Allure of the Seas and I can't wait! This will be only my 2nd cruise ever and my Fiance's first. We sent out our Save the Date magnets in April and have a website set up with mywedding.com. We just ordered our proof for our invitation as well. We did not think we were going to get that many guests, but we have about 70 booked already!! And everyone is coming from Canada haha. We are having a small wedding party of 6 total. I have a MOH, bridesmaid and bridesdude lol.

We have booked Chops for supper and Dazzles for our reception after. I may change this if we find out that we can have a dance floor in Chops - I have read that other brides have done this, but I don't think they like advertising. We are mailing our invites out in August and RSVP will be November 1.

I am off to Toronto (5 hour plane ride lol) this weekend to hopefully say yes to a Dress :) Little last minute so I've been told, but my mom lives across the country and this worked for us to meet up. I'm getting more and more excited, but finding (what I expected) that there is absolutely no sense of urgency with the cruise coordinators on planning the day out haha

Loving this board and all the tips :)

Ok coming back with some more information I'm gathering.

1. We have decided to book our ceremony through an outside vendor. Weddingsinthebahamas.com For various reasons we are doing it this way. The most important part is that we can make it SPECIFIC to our wants/needs and they are willing to put in the effort with EVERY single detail we want. We have read a lot of great reviews on Anne Marie and her team and I trust that everything I want will be done when I come out of that limo to meet my Future Husband. They have base prices and go up from those depending on your needs. Carnival is just to big of a company to handle all the little details and you end up spending a lot more money for it.

2. With that being said, we are still doing the Reception on board the Carnival Liberty. We have decided to do the "It's Time to Celebrate BIGGER" package. We mostly wanted this package because it doesn't have time constraints like the others did. The time will still go by fast, but not as fast as the smaller packages. Now we just have to figure out what room we want it in and if we want a DJ/Sound guy or what.

3. Personal question, How do you guys feel about a FB group for the wedding? I am debating this for various reasons.... I was told by a couple other brides it was EXTREMELY helpful because out of state guests could just check everything and you could converse back and forth easier. My only problem with this is, I don't want it to be tacky. So it's kind of hard....opinions?!

4. How do you get people to book!? I'm having a tough time actually getting people to commit. Is April too early to be asking?! I mean we booked our room and others are saying for sure that they are going but I just wish people would start booking already so I can get some sort of count going!!! AHHHHHH! Stress.

I hope you guys are all doing well, me....eh it's hard because even though I have 9 months to plan I just feel like time is moving so fast and I have so much to do! Thank goodness once you pay all the vendors you show them pictures and hopefully just sit back and relax, but I'm finding that difficult right now. ;)

3. Personal question, How do you guys feel about a FB group for the wedding? I am debating this for various reasons.... I was told by a couple other brides it was EXTREMELY helpful because out of state guests could just check everything and you could converse back and forth easier. My only problem with this is, I don't want it to be tacky. So it's kind of hard....opinions?!

I have one for those who have expressed interest in going. It is a nice way to collect cabin numbers and give out info. It is easier for them to find the info in the docs files than to search my wedding page for it or for them to ask questions and even meet other single friends so they can bunk together.

4. How do you get people to book!? I'm having a tough time actually getting people to commit. Is April too early to be asking?! I mean we booked our room and others are saying for sure that they are going but I just wish people would start booking already so I can get some sort of count going!!! AHHHHHH! Stress.

I have relaxed on this and decided if they come they come, if they don't they don't. They have all been given a deadline by which to tell me so I can have all of the arrangements finalized and paid for. I have a basic Idea but only a few for sure so far.

I have one for those who have expressed interest in going. It is a nice way to collect cabin numbers and give out info. It is easier for them to find the info in the docs files than to search my wedding page for it or for them to ask questions and even meet other single friends so they can bunk together.

I have relaxed on this and decided if they come they come, if they don't they don't. They have all been given a deadline by which to tell me so I can have all of the arrangements finalized and paid for. I have a basic Idea but only a few for sure so far.

Sounds great! What was your deadline in booking?

I have to turn in my list by December 25th for our January 25th wedding so I gave them a deadline of November 14th to return RSVPs with all the required info or they can't go. It gives me time to find alternate guests if they can't.

Did you send out formal invitations or how did people RSVP?

Did you send out formal invitations or how did people RSVP?

I made and sent invitations and then to those who are invited for the ceremony and not just to cruise I sent a second envelope with RSVP and information requests along with port and hotel info.

My fiancee and I are getting married on the Carnival Sunshine on Jan 17, 2015 before the ship leaves for a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise. We didn't bother with save the dates and sent out passport invites in March so our guests would have lots of time to save up. So far we have 23 sailing and 5 non-sailing guests.

My fiancee and I are getting married on the Carnival Sunshine on Jan 17, 2015 before the ship leaves for a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise. We didn't bother with save the dates and sent out passport invites in March so our guests would have lots of time to save up. So far we have 23 sailing and 5 non-sailing guests.

Did you make a list of everyone you invited and have you contacted ones that haven't answered ? I don't have many "homes" that I addressed invites too but I'm worried about people not even sending the rsvp back. I'm sending mine out in July, I will end up organizing my list and than start worrying about the guests actually sailing with us.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I made a list with everyone we sent invites out to an as the RSVP's started coming in I made a note if it was a No, Sailing, or Non-Sailing guest. My Carnival PVP is also keeping a list of everyone who has booked a cabin and she updates me once in a while. We only sent out about 50 invites so I don't have a huge list to keep track of and we are still 202 days away from sailing so I'm not super worried about tracking people down. None of our guests live anywhere near the port so I won't have to deal with people who didn't RSVP just showing up on the day of the wedding either.

I am two weeks out. If everything goes well with debarkation, the ceremony will star at 1. Over by 1:20. And time to celebrate big starts at 1:30. 3:00 all the non sailing guest should leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am two weeks out. If everything goes well with debarkation, the ceremony will star at 1. Over by 1:20. And time to celebrate big starts at 1:30. 3:00 all the non sailing guest should leaving.

2 weeks? You must be SO excited!!! I hate that the reception is so short,but I know the wedding will be awesome. Are your bridesmaids coming in their dresses or changing with you? Are you going to try to stay seperate from your groom? Like not see him until the ceremony?

Super excited! I am having only one moh. Everybody will be dressed. I have a 16 month old daughter and she will be my flower girl and of course I will dress her up just before the cerymony. My fiancé will dress up at his parents cabin. Well, once everybody will see my hair and make up done....at least dress want to be a surprise.

Hi 2015 brides,

Has anyone used a wedding planner/travel agent service to plan their wedding cruise? Wondering if it is worth it to have a 3rd party on your side to stay on top the cruise lines.

Thanks!!

I am getting Married on April 18, 2015 on RCCL Liberty of the Seas. We are using cruisingweddings.com. The owners name is Brook. She is great and has been very helpful. She gets paid from the cruise lines so there's no extra fee to use her. I wish I would've used her from the beginning. She has a lot of experience with all the cruise lines and the wedding packages they offer.

Hi Everyone! I am new to cruise critic, but my future mother-in-law told me how helpful it can be!!

I am getting married on the Independence of Seas next May, and because I am a full time student we are planning everything pretty far in advance.

We are getting hitched on St. Maarten, and it has been hell trying to find a wedding planner, since we want to save money. RCCL wants to charge us over $4500.

Just a heads up, I was able to save over $300 dollars on invitations by designing them myself on Zazzle.com

We did Boarding Pass themed.

Hello All! It seems like it's been forever since I've checked in here. I've been busy with the end of the school year and summer school beginning in just one week....eeekk!! It sound like everyone's planning is going well!

STD cards are going out in the mail tomorrow; we have 26 guests booked so far and a lot of action with them - many of them have upgraded their cabins already! We also set up a FB page, which have been somewhat helpful for those who were anxious to book without having the STD info yet. We also booked/deposited our wedding with Say Yes in Key West, they have been incredibly flexible and helpful thus far.

I talked to my PVP today and said "Oh, we have 428 days!" she laughed that I was already counting.

How long did you wait for your rsvp to come back after you sent out your invite? Did your bridal party come dressed or did they get dressed with you in bride and groom dressing cabins? When were your group and married couple pictures taken?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone!

Getting married in April 2015 on the Carnival Fascination. We wanted to get married during the fun day at sea but realized after reading their wedding section frequently asked questions that it would be impossible. So we have now decided that we would like to get married on embarkation day. I look forward to reading the many posts and asking MANY questions along the way!

Hi ALL!

I am joining the giggly, over excited bunch of Brides for 2015. We made the decision last night to make this is destination wedding because it's just too complicated and expensive to do this the traditional way. To have the look and feel I wanted, I was hyperventilating of the cost! :eek:

SO, I THINK we have decided on Carnival Conquest, out of Fort Lauderdale. I looked at and considered many beach front, sand in the toes ceremonies, but the hassle of foreign ports available on the 21st was just too much for the $$ we were willing to spend! :( Then, the concern if something went wrong... AGH!!!!! :confused:

Anyway, just joining the thread and excited to be here.

Been on the liberty 4 times, love that ship! I'm getting married in Bermuda 2015! Haven't set a date yet, having trouble landing a good price on the cruise. They are around $1000 for an inside room! Eek!

CMfalls we are doing the same thing. My dream wedding would be a beach wedding, but between costs, licenses, and being weather dependent we decided just to do it right on Embarkation day. Figured this will be easy, have the wedding that day then relax and enjoy the cruise. I belive what Carnival can do (I know our ship the Pride out of Baltimore does) is have you take a tour of the ship and what to expect for your wedding. We will probably do this when we have to get our license next spring and just make a "mini" vacation out of it. Tomorrow will be the 1 year mark until we get married. .so excited! !