FCC applied?? but not showing up on invoice!

remydiva

I didn't want to hijack another thread about delays in getting a FCC

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2019455&highlight=fcc+not+showing

so I am starting a new one.

Problem:

• Booked a cruise yesterday directly with Princess and then air fare thru EZ Air...same phone call.
  • Princess went through the charges item by item...fare, transfers, taxes and port charges, minus $100 FCC leaves $$. Then we booked the air, cost was $$. He never said 'and the grand total applied to your Visa is....'
  • Email confirmation sent and received while I was on the phone.
  • I glanced at it and saw the names, dates, cabin, flights were correct and hung up.

Today, I printed up the booking confirmation, deposit confirmation and final payment.

GASP:eek: no where does my FCC show as an itemized item!

All that shows after the line by line items is TOTAL AMOUNT RECEIVED which is an amount that is $200 more than it should have been.

The $25 OBC credit shows but that could be for anything (perk, incentative, refer a friend) not necessarily from a FCC.

My Personalizer shows the same...no FCC shows as being applied. (altho it is missing from my portfolio)

I phd Princess now and they couldnt see it either but said it had been applied because the amount charged to my credit card was $$$- $200.

I said 'how do I know that'....she said and I quote 'TRUST ME'. :eek:

I said since when does it look like this as on all other cruises my FCC has shown up on the invoice as payment received. She said it was because Princess had 'upgraded' their computer about a month ago

As we all know, it can take several days for pending credit card charges to appear so until that time, I have no choice but to wait and see.

In the meantime, I have written customer relations @princesscruises.com with PDFs of my invoices for this cruise (where the FCC is missing) and my Sept 2013 cruise where the FCC is clearly shown. I mentioned to the phone rep that on such a cheap cruise as this, the discrepancy was very obvious; on a more expensive cruise, I wouldn't have noticed.

I invite those who have booked recently within the past month to check their PDFs invoices and see if your FCC shows up as a line item as monies received?

I think it is ridiculous in this day of transparency to expect a savvy, customer of any business to shrug their shoulders and just assume all monies paid have been because a voice on the phone said 'trust me'.

Edited by remydiva

If you access your booking # and go to the payments and credits section, it will show where your 25.00 credit came from. That should let you know it was applied properly.

I did and it doesn't...only says 'Onboard Sales Promotion'.

Could be from one of those incentives where you get OBC for a sale (not a FCC).

Still not the way it used to show up...clear, concise, transparent....:(

We booked with a FCC last fall and our onboard credit shows under "onboard credits for this booking" when I go to the payments and credit page of our booking. It is listed as an onboard sales promotion.

The amount of your onboard credit is dependent on the category of room you book. Are you in an inside by chance?

Edited by gr82cu2

We booked with a FCC last fall and our onboard credit shows under "onboard credits for this booking" when I go to the payments and credit page of our booking.

The amount of your onboard credit is dependent on the category of room you book. Are you in an inside by chance?

No, balcony on a 5 day = $25 pp OBC with the $100 FCC

Does your FCC show up as $100 pp under " amount received" in the Billings Details of your Booking Confirmation? That is how my Sept 2013 invoice itemized it. ( which i happened to have kept)

No, balcony on a 5 day = $25 pp OBC with the $100 FCC

Does your FCC show up as $100 pp under " amount received" in the Billings Details of your Booking Confirmation? That is how my Sept 2013 invoice itemized it. ( which i happened to have kept)

No, here is a screen shot. The onboard credit is listed separately from the billing information.

The FCC allows for a $100 deposit to book and hold the cruise. I'm past final payment date now but the way it originally looked was we owed all but $200 of the total amount for the cruise. The $200 was our FCC deposit.

We have $100 each in onboard credit. We both used a FCC. We're on a 15 night in a balcony cabin. And a promotion they were having at the time gives us $200 (total for both of us) excursion credit.

r8a4go.png288mttx.png

Edited by gr82cu2

/IMG]

Ok, here's your answer. it depends on the length of the cruise.

27yy71k.png

Muddied waters,,,it was NOT the OBC I was worried about...that shows just fine.

It is the $100 "deposit/ credit""that the FCC was purchased for that I want to see, and have previously seen, on the itemized invoice. That does NOT show anywhere...see photo

ry%3D400

Edited by remydiva
added screen shot of invoice

/IMG]

Muddied waters,,,it was NOT the OBC I was worried about...that shows just fine.

It is the $100 "deposit/ credit""that the FCC was purchased for that I want to see, and have previously seen, on the itemized invoice. That does NOT show anywhere...see photo

Ahhh, sorry about that. Here's what my original booking confirmation looked like. It shows payment received is $200 (from the applied FCC). Is that what you're talking about?

4smihy.png

yes!

Eureka! Sorry about that. The confusion was on my part :confused:

I guess I would just check my credit card and see what shows up. Usually on ours, things show up as a pending charge very quickly. Good luck! I hope you get it sorted out.

Eureka! Sorry about that. The confusion was on my part :confused:

I guess I would just check my credit card and see what shows up. Usually on ours, things show up as a pending charge very quickly. Good luck! I hope you get it sorted out.

Yup...that pretty much sums up my weekend...I have a 'trust me' from Princess phone rep and a weekend wait as Canadian credit cards do not show pending charges (our US card does)...guess they figure we Canucks are more patient!

I just booked and paid, and I noticed the same thing. Rest assured ;) that the future cruise deposit was used...I did mine online, and the screen right before the final one shows the amounts separated...$200 for the deposit, and then the total amt charged with credit card...the final screen just shows the total payment (charge plus deposit).

I just booked and paid, and I noticed the same thing. Rest assured ;) that the future cruise deposit was used...I did mine online, and the screen right before the final one shows the amounts separated...$200 for the deposit, and then the total amt charged with credit card...the final screen just shows the total payment (charge plus deposit).

Intersting..i would have thought the email with the Booking Confirmation and the email with the Deposit Confirmation would have been like your screen right before final payment...that makes sense.

But it does not show that way in my email confirmation.Maybe it shows that way to the phone rep and it used to,show that way to me via email but not this time.

Sorry to be picky...but i like to see an invoice that is accurate and complete.

Intersting..i would have thought the email with the Booking Confirmation and the email with the Deposit Confirmation would have been like your screen right before final payment...that makes sense.

But it does not show that way in my email confirmation.Maybe it shows that way to the phone rep and it used to,show that way to me via email but not this time.

Sorry to be picky...but i like to see an invoice that is accurate and complete.

Call them back and tell them to email another booking confirmation which shows your $200 deposit. And stay on the line with them until you receive it. This being Sunday, it should be almost instantaneously.

Call them back and tell them to email another booking confirmation which shows your $200 deposit. And stay on the line with them until you receive it. This being Sunday, it should be almost instantaneously.

I did..".Matt" went to the reservation help desk and asked them, came back to me and said " good news, bad news"

Good news, the FCC WAS applied

bad news, it wont ever show up in my booking or deposit or final payment PDFs.

He is going to put in an internal " suggestion" that is type of " accounting" is not reasonable and express my concern for accuracy and transparency.

Pia, have you checked your most recently booked cruise as supposedly this new system went into place at the last upgrade, about one month ago.

Ps i checked my Visa and indeed the CORRECT amount has been billed..as two separate transactions..one for cruise and one for air...don't recall that being like that before either.

Oh well. :o

I did..".Matt" went to the reservation help desk and asked them, came back to me and said " good news, bad news"

Good news, the FCC WAS applied

bad news, it wont ever show up in my booking or deposit or final payment PDFs.

He is going to put in an internal " suggestion" that is type of " accounting" is not reasonable and express my concern for accuracy and transparency.

Pia, have you checked your most recently booked cruise as supposedly this new system went into place at the last upgrade, about one month ago.

Ps i checked my Visa and indeed the CORRECT amount has been billed..as two separate transactions..one for cruise and one for air...don't recall that being like that before either.

Oh well. :o

Believe it or not, I haven't booked anything this past month. ;) Amazing that they "fixed" something that wasn't broken. Once you turn it over to your TA, you'll see your deposit showing.