Looking for a Group Hug-Neighbor sailed on Grandeur today

I am so very sorry for the tragedies in your family. Life really can throw you a curve ball all at once.

You mentioned that your neighbor had always looked out for you which is great but she does come across as a grumpy person.

Glad I wasn't seated with her at dinner.

OP - so sorry for your family's loss. And sorry for the frustration with your neighbor too. You were trying to do such a great thing for her. I have a lot of experience planning group travel and advising on travel for friends and often no good deed goes unpunished. It is very hard when you end of feeling responsible for people not having a good time and frustrating when people don't take any responsibility for their own good time.

Good luck and sorry again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Donut23

Sorry about to hear about your FIL.

I am the unofficial vacation planner also. Have talked 2 newbies into cruising the past 5 years. Both couples enjoyed the cruise, with one of them taking another and the second couple wants to know when we are going again.

You do worry about whether or not it will work though.

Sorry about your family, hope they feel better soon. Safe drive to Ny with all of the holiday traffic.

As for your friend, after hearing how bad her cruise was for about a minute, I would have sent her this photo with the comment, "You lived!"

8644ca4c6ec7a002e2fb767d4f17a946_zps46c6ecdb.jpg

As modified from one of my favorite qoutes: People have the kind of travel that the want to have.