Booking a back-to-back in a guarantee room?

My husband and I are getting ready to book our first back-to-back for September on Freedom. I've been watching the prices for months now, and there still appear to be plenty of cabins left. I had been watching E2's, particularly on the hump. When I book, I find my room online, then call RC and do the booking over the phone, with the deck layout page in front of me.

The E2's have been listed as guarantees for a few weeks now, so not able to select a room number. Being a back to back, was hoping to stay in the same room for both weeks. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we weren't though.

Do you think the E2's will remain as a guarantee until they're all sold out, or does this change?

My husband and I are getting ready to book our first back-to-back for September on Freedom. I've been watching the prices for months now, and there still appear to be plenty of cabins left. I had been watching E2's, particularly on the hump. When I book, I find my room online, then call RC and do the booking over the phone, with the deck layout page in front of me.

The E2's have been listed as guarantees for a few weeks now, so not able to select a room number. Being a back to back, was hoping to stay in the same room for both weeks. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we weren't though.

Do you think the E2's will remain as a guarantee until they're all sold out, or does this change?

At this point I would not plan on the same room.

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I do know that we did a B2B in a guarantee cabin and were able to link the cabins so we did not have to move. I THINK this was on the Serenade, but it might have been the Explorer.

Hope it works out well for you. Having to move cabins - they say - is not that difficult; however, one of the things I so enjoy on a B2B is not having to do ANYTHING.:)

Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy

Good to know! Thank you.

I'm getting ready to call RC in a few minutes.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time about booking this. We've never done a 2 week vacation before, but it's always been our dream to do a back-to-back.

Good to know! Thank you.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time about booking this. We've never done a 2 week vacation before, but it's always been our dream to do a back-to-back.

Make sure to let us know how you make out.

Just another example---- we've done several B2B guarantees ( or one leg guarantee) and could not get the same cabin. Could not even find 2 available . Once there were no more available in one of the categories, once we were in different categories, the other B2B we also had trouble arranging the same cabin and then a few days prior we were upgraded on both legs, to different cabins. We really don't mind the pack and move as it gives us a new clean room and a chance to clean up/ regroup/ and get re-organized.

Enjoy

M

BOOKED!!!

Oh my gosh I'm so excited! We're going on a back-to-back!

We didn't go with the E2 guarantee because all the humps were booked; that much she could tell me. That meant we would be in a forward E2, which would have been fine, but we prefer aft of the hump, and no guarantee we would be able to remain in same cabin, but she could have put in a request.

Because of an April savings event, we were able to get a D2, 7664, for only $20 more than the E2, and we'll get to stay in the same cabin.

We were originally looking at 9/14 and 9/21, but when I was checking prices this morning, noticed that the eastern sailing on 9/7 is going to San Juan instead of St. Thomas. We've never been to San Juan, so we changed our dates to sail a week earlier. I know itineraries can change, but if we get to see San Juan, it's a bonus for us.

And now I get to make a new countdown ticker!

BOOKED!!!

Oh my gosh I'm so excited! We're going on a back-to-back!

We didn't go with the E2 guarantee because all the humps were booked; that much she could tell me. That meant we would be in a forward E2, which would have been fine, but we prefer aft of the hump, and no guarantee we would be able to remain in same cabin, but she could have put in a request.

Because of an April savings event, we were able to get a D2, 7664, for only $20 more than the E2, and we'll get to stay in the same cabin.

We were originally looking at 9/14 and 9/21, but when I was checking prices this morning, noticed that the eastern sailing on 9/7 is going to San Juan instead of St. Thomas. We've never been to San Juan, so we changed our dates to sail a week earlier. I know itineraries can change, but if we get to see San Juan, it's a bonus for us.

And now I get to make a new countdown ticker!

Good for you, staying the the same stateroom is one of the best parts of a B2B.:)

Good to know! Thank you.

It is just not that big a deal to move between cruises.

If you want the guarantee rate, you will have to take what they offer.

The chances of the same cabin just HAPPENING to be available on both cruises is small in the first place. Asking that the same cabin be assigned to you under a guarantee rate is pretty much pushing things, IMO.

:)

This is also the first time my husband and I have sailed without our kids or friends, so I was asked while booking whether we'd like a table for two. We enjoy sitting with other people at breakfast and lunch, but thought it might be nice to try a table for two at dinner. That will be for the first week of our back-to-back.

The second week, both dining times were full, so we're doing My Time dining.

We did a fall 2012 TA booked in a specific cabin pretty far in advance. It got past final payment (and we had still not locked in air) and terrific GTY prices came up for the immediately preceding Med cruise, so we signed up. Much to our surprise the GTY was assigned to the cabin we already had on the TA. I've wondered if this was pure chance (with less than 0.1% probability) or they actually noted the cabin we already had and kindly gave us the same one. Same cabin is nicer, but moving is no big deal.

Thom