Waiting patiently to debark Allure

ivalee

A beautiful ship and lovely week. We are docked in Fort Lauderdale and have debark #70. It is a very gentle, but, expedient debarkation process. After fourteen sailed cruises I ask myself how I could ever sail another class ship!

A beautiful ship and lovely week. We are docked in Fort Lauderdale and have debark #70. It is a very gentle, but, expedient debarkation process. After fourteen sailed cruises I ask myself how I could ever sail another class ship!

We got off the Oasis yesterday and I feel exactly the same way.. Truly an incredible experience, now going through the 700 pictures:) Safe travels!

We felt the same way after a week on the Allure. Can't wait until November for our cruise on The Oasis!

Agree 100% - can't wait to be back on either Oasis or Allure. Now that these ships have been around a few years the prices are much better.

I my only wish is that RC could develop some new ports to accept these ships.

I am already keeping my schedule open for the 3rd Oasis class in 2016!!

Agree 100% - can't wait to be back on either Oasis or Allure.

I my only wish is that RC could develop some new ports to accept these ships.

Some new ports may be nice, but I feel these two are so amazing that the ships are the destination.:)

That is what I'm afraid of! We will be on Oasis next year and I wonder if Freedom will lose the top spot on my list :)

We got off the Oasis yesterday and I feel exactly the same way.. Truly an incredible experience, now going through the 700 pictures:) Safe travels!

Please post some pictures. Will you be writing a review? I am addicted to anything Oasis and Allure right now to get the inside scoop :D

We were also on Allure this week and totally agree with you. We were up early and decided to go ahead and roll off. It took us longer to walk the length of the ship to walk off than it did from the time we got off and got thru customs. Amazing. Embarkation was a shock as we'll. it was so easy. Only negative was that the ship was SO big BUT towards the end of the week I had changed my mind. Just needed to get oriented. It was fabulous and I loved Capt. Johnny. He was captain on two or three other Mariner cruises that we were on. Gotta love this ship!!!

That's exactly how we felt when we went on Oasis a few months back. I was actually very skeptical about the huge ships before we tried it, but we absolutely LOVED it.

Never have I been on a ship with such great pool decks/solarium and a ship that felt so uncrowded. We loved everything except the lackluster gym. I thought it was a downgrade from Freedom. Everything else was incredible.

Its the ultimate "resort at sea" experience. We will be back on Allure in three weeks :D.

That is what I'm afraid of! We will be on Oasis next year and I wonder if Freedom will lose the top spot on my list :)

Please post some pictures. Will you be writing a review? I am addicted to anything Oasis and Allure right now to get the inside scoop :D

I don't think you will be ruined. Although we loved Oasis, we still love Freedom equally. It's just very different in my opinion.

We decided that we wanted to do Allure for our next cruise because we were so in awe of Oasis, but we will go back to Freedom and Voyager class ships for our next cruises to switch things up and keep them interesting. I see us alternating Freedom/Oasis class from here on out.

I have relatively no desire to sail on anything smaller than Voyager class anymore unless it is a very short cruise. Nothing else compares :D.

...... We loved everything except the lackluster gym. I thought it was a downgrade from Freedom.

This is really a bummer to hear.

The gym on the LOS was nice, and I was thinking (hoping) that the Allure (same as Oasis layout) would be even grander.

Really sorry to hear this...

:(

Side by side cabins...

image.jpg.56881346e24c494ef0c05b5e1b5a13a1.jpg

Edited by ivalee

This is really a bummer to hear.

The gym on the LOS was nice, and I was thinking (hoping) that the Allure (same as Oasis layout) would be even grander.

Really sorry to hear this...

:(

It's not that it isn't a nice gym, it's large and has a lot of equipment, but it doesn't have a view like Liberty. It's on a lower deck and only has a some circular windows, so it doesn't have that "ahhh" feeling that Liberty's does. And it doesn't have the free steam and sauna that Liberty does. We love the steam rooms!

Like I said, those are such minor gripes and the good far outweighs the not-so-good.

Love this class of ships!

We got off the Grandeur a little over a week ago. While we had a very nice cruise, the ship didn't "WOW" me.

From now on, it needs to be the class of the Explorer or up.

Our best cruise, ship wise, was definitely the Allure! Despite her size, she was definitely the easiest to navigate, and felt the least crowded.

We felt the same way after a week on the Allure. Can't wait until November for our cruise on The Oasis!

Same here, we took the Allure and in May, we will be on the Oasis - love this class of ship.

These are great comments to hear. We are sailing on the Allure in June and I have to say the size of the ship was a worry to me - always said I would never go on one of the huge ones! Well my brother booked this and so I had little choice (not going to turn down a Caribbean cruise now am I!!?).

So sounds as if I have nothing to worry about but enjoying myself - and I always manage to do that :-)

While the view from the gym is not as nice as freedom, the layout is wonderful. Having a real jogging track with gym access is the only way to go. The tracks on voyager and freedom do not work with the traffic on deck.

The Oasis also has offers a healthy cafe in the gym area - for some this might be a benefit.

The 3rd oasis class ship concept pictures show an expanded solarium and water slide. Can't wait to see how that works out.

I don't think you will be ruined. Although we loved Oasis, we still love Freedom equally. It's just very different in my opinion.

We decided that we wanted to do Allure for our next cruise because we were so in awe of Oasis, but we will go back to Freedom and Voyager class ships for our next cruises to switch things up and keep them interesting. I see us alternating Freedom/Oasis class from here on out.

I have relatively no desire to sail on anything smaller than Voyager class anymore unless it is a very short cruise. Nothing else compares :D.

I would be interested in hearing about your thoughts as to how the two compare. We are looking at a cruise in 2015. Some of the ones I am looking at now are Freedom, Oasis and another one that is in the same class as Freedom (can't remember the name). I originally wanted to go with Oasis because it is Oasis. But Freedom is considerably cheaper. I know that Oasis has a lot more bells and whistles, but I am trying to get an idea of what those things really are, so I know whether its worth the extra money.

I am one of those people that does not like to go to Walmart, because between walking through the parking lot and store, I have walked a mile or two. I like the idea that I have all the options, but if I do not use them, I am not sure if I really need all of them.

As a little background, it will be DH and I and possibly my DD who will be 4. We have sailed on Celebrity Constellation (which is a small ship I believe) and 3 times on Conquest class ships on Carnival (which is their second largest class right now).

Edited by cruzinlisa
I cant spell