JW Marriott Marquis Miami

ndc1972

For those who have stayed here can you provide your personal assessment of the hotel and customer service? Is the hotel centrally located to shops, restaurants? Walking distance?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I did not stay there but toured it shortly after it opened...I am a lifetime Platinum member....and it was gorgeous....

The staff was VERY nice and I was impressed with the design of the hotel. I would gladly try it out if I'm in the area again and can snag a good rate.

I actually stayed across the street at the Hyatt. Did a bit of walking around and there were some shops and places to eat within maybe a 5-10 minute walk. IIRC there was a bit of construction in the area when I was there, so there will likely be more stuff around.

That said, I think you'll be pleased with the hotel. You can always snag a cab if you want to go someplace farther away for eating or shopping....

For those who have stayed here can you provide your personal assessment of the hotel and customer service? Is the hotel centrally located to shops, restaurants? Walking distance?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

My husband and I stayed here in 2012 pre-cruise. We arrived, our bags taken and brought to us when we got to the room, all in a matter of 10-15 minutes. Check in was super smooth and the desk was very friendly; we were very early and no problem. The room was fabulous, although we had a very noisy AC and the bed was a bit uncomfortable for my liking. I was to excited for the cruise that I would not have slept with quiet AC or super comfortable bed! ;)

There are plenty of restaurants/shops within walking distance. We got there early we walked to a Subway for lunch, wandered around Bayside (plenty of shops) near the water, and around the city. We were there in December and they had a little market setup near Bayside and a concert at night. For dinner we ate at an Italian restaurant, Fratelli Milano. Awesome food and ambiance. There is a Starbucks right down the street for breakfast/coffee pre-cruise or whatever you are looking for. CVS for picking up last minute supplies, wine, etc.

Hope this helps you make your decision. We are doing a cruise again in December and we are actually not repeating at the Marquis we are going to try the Intercontinental just from a location and cost perspective.