Drink packages - are they really worth it?

I'm considering the Royal Replenish package (don't drink alcohol) and was wondering about the specialty teas. Can anyone tell me if they have flavored iced teas? I'm a southern girl and like my iced tea!

Here's a menu with some specialty tea items:

Enchantment_Cafe_Latte-Tudes.JPG

What two bottles will you bring on board? How will you get them in there, aren't they confiscated? What about water, can we bring that onboard....HELP leaving in a few days thanks so much

You are allowed to bring two bottles per stateroom. Don't put in checked baggage, just carry on.

You are allowed to bring two bottles per stateroom. Don't put in checked baggage, just carry on.

Note by "two bottles", that means 2 750ml bottles of wine. That's the only thing you are allowed to bring on board that's alcoholic.

As far as water goes, different people have had different experiences as to whether they can bring it on or not. Water from the taps on the ship is filtered, you can bring a refillable bottle and just fill it yourself - that definitely won't be a problem. :) We are getting the beverage package, so bottled water is included.

Clarea,

You wrote, "If you're on a ship with a Freestyle Coke machine, you will have over 100 flavors to choose from. If not, then you will only have about a half-dozen flavors to choose from." We will be sailing on the Explorer OS. I assume that since this is one of the last ships to be renovated, that I probably does not have the Freestyle Coke machine. Do you, or anyone who may be reading this discussion know for sure what is on the EOS?

Thank you!

Clarea,

You wrote, "If you're on a ship with a Freestyle Coke machine, you will have over 100 flavors to choose from. If not, then you will only have about a half-dozen flavors to choose from." We will be sailing on the Explorer OS. I assume that since this is one of the last ships to be renovated, that I probably does not have the Freestyle Coke machine. Do you, or anyone who may be reading this discussion know for sure what is on the EOS?

Thank you!

Explorer and Enchantment (the two EOS ships) both have Freestyle Coke machines.

Thank you for this thread. It has been very useful. I have 2 questions if you don't mind. First , i am planning to buy one of the packages. Am I to understand that any time we order a drink (whether it is a bottle of water, a soda, beer, or cocktail) we will be issued a receipt? Sounds like extra time and paper! Also, I see on the website they say you can only order one drink at a time. Do they mean alcoholic only? I would love to grab a bottle of water to take back to the pool, along with my piña colada. Is this allowed?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by sharse

:D, same here and we are over 40:)

We are a decade over 40 which puts us in the original "Brew Crew" generation (as my senior year of high school's shirt said on the back: Brew Crew of 82 LOL)

Thank you for this thread. It has been very useful. I have 2 questions if you don't mind. First , i am planning to buy one of the packages. Am I to understand that any time we order a drink (whether it is a bottle of water, a soda, beer, or cocktail) we will be issued a receipt? Sounds like extra time and paper! Also, I see on the website they say you can only order one drink at a time. Do they mean alcoholic only? I would love to grab a bottle of water to take back to the pool, along with my piña colada. Is this allowed?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the Enchantment we never got a receipt for a drink that was included in our package and collectively we had the premium; the beer & wine and the soda packages. We got receipts to sign if we ordered something not included.

And yes, one drink means one drink. You cannot get an alcohol drink and water or a water and soda, etc.... at the same time without two seapass cards. You can have your spouse/partner/friend get a drink for you as long as they also have your seapass card to give to the bartender.

Hope this helps.

There is a decent chance that we may not break even with the drink package but not having to keep track of what we are spending on drinks adds to our ability to relax and have a no worries cruise so we are doing it for sure, for our upcoming trip. :)

We are a decade over 40 which puts us in the original "Brew Crew" generation (as my senior year of high school's shirt said on the back: Brew Crew of 82 LOL)

On the Enchantment we never got a receipt for a drink that was included in our package and collectively we had the premium; the beer & wine and the soda packages. We got receipts to sign if we ordered something not included.

And yes, one drink means one drink. You cannot get an alcohol drink and water or a water and soda, etc.... at the same time without two seapass cards. You can have your spouse/partner/friend get a drink for you as long as they also have your seapass card to give to the bartender.

Hope this helps.

We had the opposite experience on Explorer in Feb.

We signed for drinks most of the time.

We were also able to order bottle waters and club soda along with bar drinks. Those weren't included on the receipt, though.

could anyone tell me what type/brand of water is in the replenish and premium pakages, it would be greatly appreciated. I did speak with customer service they said it was evian however the fine print said it did not include that brand?

We had the Royal Replenish on the Navigator last week, and I would get it again. I thought the result was we drank a lot more water than we would have if it was less convenient...it was very easy to pop in to any bar and grab some water. We had access to both lounges, but still enjoyed the coffee from Cafe Promenade. We also got the fresh squeezed juice every morning. Cost wise, we probably broke even or actually lost a little, but I loved the convenience.

A couple things that were a problem...at Giovanni's Table, they wanted to charge me for Pellegrino. Waiter finally agreed to comp it. There needs to be a way for them to honor the packages in the specialty restaurants, especially when everybody at a table has one! I was also annoyed that we couldn't get Starbucks with our package on departure morning. They said the package had ended the night before.:( Fortunately we had thought to load up on bottled water for disembarkation on Saturday night.

As for the alcohol packages, I'm not sure I would pay full price for one. We have an included package on Celebrity next month which I upgraded to Premium, so I may change my mind...we'll see.:)

could anyone tell me what type/brand of water is in the replenish and premium pakages, it would be greatly appreciated. I did speak with customer service they said it was evian however the fine print said it did not include that brand?

We got mostly Crystal Geyser, but a couple places were different. Promenade Café gave us Dasani (bigger bottles than the others), and Vintages gave us Evian.

Never once had to sign for a drink on Oasis last week. Also we ate at 3 specialty restaurants and never had a problem ordering a glass of wine. As a matter of fact all four of us had the premium package and at Chops drank a total of 4 bottles of wine. It was super easy and never a issue.

We got mostly Crystal Geyser, but a couple places were different. Promenade Café gave us Dasani (bigger bottles than the others), and Vintages gave us Evian.

And this might differ ship to ship.

If one is particular about the brand of water served in the packages, it's best to delay purchase until you are on board. That way you can ask the people on that ship what water they use.

Edited by clarea

I was also annoyed that we couldn't get Starbucks with our package on departure morning. They said the package had ended the night before.:( Fortunately we had thought to load up on bottled water for disembarkation on Saturday night.

Really? The last day doesn't count with the package? I would think it would be the whole time you're on the ship. So you have to get the regular coffee that last morning then? You can't get juice either then? I'm still trying to figure out if we're going to do the package.

We are not getting the package before we cruise but may add it while in board. I understand we need to have 4 days left of your cruise to add it. So for a Sun - Sun cruise we would need to add it by Wed?? And where do we go add it onboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are not getting the package before we cruise but may add it while in board. I understand we need to have 4 days left of your cruise to add it. So for a Sun - Sun cruise we would need to add it by Wed?? And where do we go add it onboard?

Ask any of the bartenders.

I called RCCL directly yesterday and was told Evian was the bottled water. We'll see. They signed us up for a 5:30pm dinner sitting, at a table of 4-8. Anyone going that early???

I only booked the 20th of April sailing 6 weeks ago and then the second on the 26th 2 weeks ago, so I did not complain about not getting a better dining time. I am just so glad to be ON the sailings B2B!! Whoot Whoot!!

What is readily apparent in this thread is a few things

1. For a few people, going by numbers, the drink package is a good value

2. For other people dollars and cents wise the package may not make sense, but mentally it is easier to pay more in one shot. If you want pure convenience, or more of an all inclusive resort feeling, maybe the package is a good value.

3. Port intensive cruises or guests with high level C&A status that provides evening drinks already makes it much more difficult to "break even".

If you are up in the air as to whether to purchase I would say at least wait until you are on board the ship and see what you think at the time. There is no cost penalty to purchasing on board, and you may even decide to wait a day or two (there must be at least 4 consecutive days remaining of the cruise; and whenever you purchase is from that day to end of cruise) and see what your drinking habits onboard are like.

From my anecdotal experience I have had friends and family who have purchased the package and everyone seems to hit a wall around Day 4/Day 5 and just wants to detox a bit. If you are an occasional drinker, even if you let loose a bit on vacation, you may spend significantly less than the package cost. If you're ordering, say, more than 7 or 8 drinks per day, every day, the package cost is probably in your benefit.

Good analysis.

I think most drinks/dining packages are designed for you to break even, if you try hard enough.

Most people seem to like the prepaid, "easy" factor more than the value factor.

My husband and I average 2 drinks per evening in CL or DL and we don't drink the frozen type drinks. We also use the BOGO glass of wine in the coupon booklet.

There is no way I would even break even on this package.

Do both people in a room have to purchase a package? What if only one person one it? Can one purchase and possibly share?

Royal does not require all people in a stateroom to purchase a package.

Edited by clarea