Placement of teen child in splash academy

LeDemonBlond

I have twin 13year old boys. One of them would be fine in the 13-17 year old program however my other son is not as mature and would relate better with the 10 - 12 year grouping. My son also has some mental health issues ( mild Tourette's, OCD, learning delays). Going to see if we can sign him in the 10-12 year old group. Has anyone had any issues putting their teen into the splash academy? We have cruised several times but first time with NCL. We are sailing in late May on the breakaway.

I have not tried, our first cruise is next week on the Getaway, but from reading other posts, it seems all of the kids clubs from most of the lines are very strict and don't allow any leeway in this area. Obviously, you should ask, but just wanted to give you the info I had read. This applied even to kids who were having a birthday in the middle of the cruise, you had to go to the group you were at the time of embarkation.

I have twin 13year old boys. One of them would be fine in the 13-17 year old program however my other son is not as mature and would relate better with the 10 - 12 year grouping. My son also has some mental health issues ( mild Tourette's, OCD, learning delays). Going to see if we can sign him in the 10-12 year old group. Has anyone had any issues putting their teen into the splash academy? We have cruised several times but first time with NCL. We are sailing in late May on the breakaway.

There are numerous issues at play...especially legal liability...in the operation of the onboard child care.

Kids must be in the appropriate age group as defined by their date of birth. There are no exceptions to the policy. If you don't feel the child can be placed in the appropriate age group, you always have the right and the option of keeping the child out of the program and with their family.