Pier parking in bayonne

Loujul

We sailing on the Explorer of the Seas in June and would like to leave our car at the port. How are the parking venues and the cost? We're waffling on whether or not to take our own car or cab it. Any advice would be appreciated.

$19 a night, paid by credit card or cash upon parking. Handicap parking available upon asking by showing pass....closer to tent. All parking outside and within an easy walk to tent.

First you drive to tent, onload passengers and baggage (tip expected in NJ) , then driver goes to park and walks back....if traffic time, allow 20 minutes. Benches and restrooms outside under tent before check in line.

Upon return, baggage handlers MAY only take you to drop off tent area....possibly not back to car. So passengers wait under tent while driver gets car back to tented area.

We have parked many times. At times a little "zooie" but wonderful to have your car there and just leave. Vicki

Parking at Cape Liberty is $19 per day. I park at Premier Parking in Bayonne for $12 per day.

Gwen :)

We've used Premier twice. First time - no problem.

Three weeks ago... we arrived about noon and waited a little over 1 1/2 hours for a shuttle to the pier. They only had two running and you had to wait by your car until the next one finally showed up. It was horrendous! I will say the return to the lot was fine, but one and one half hours to wait for a shuttle???

Yes we had a problem w/ Premier too. Had to wait 40 minutes to be picked up.

Better on site,no hassles.

We always get to Premier before 10am and have always been on the first shuttle to the port. I guess the later you get there, the worse the wait. I'll keep using them until I have problems.

We sailing on the Explorer of the Seas in June and would like to leave our car at the port. How are the parking venues and the cost? We're waffling on whether or not to take our own car or cab it. Any advice would be appreciated.

We recently sailed on the Explorer and I also was debating whether to drive or hire a car. My DH was not fully recovered from knee surgery so that resolved it in us hiring a car. There was a long wait to get into the area to drop off the passengers/luggage....if you have a hired cab, I can just see $$$ running up while you wait (we got to the pier about 11:00 a.m.). Once we were dropped off, it was a pretty easy process...until the machine which takes the security photos broke down and we had to wait about 20 minutes before they got it back up and running.

Upon return, our driver texted us and said to let him know once we cleared customs....we did and he was waiting outside the pier area. Told him what sweatshirt I had on and what door we were close to and he found us easily.

Having said all that....if DH was ambulatory, I would have parked in the parking area and just walked from there to check-in.

We always get to Premier before 10am and have always been on the first shuttle to the port. I guess the later you get there, the worse the wait. I'll keep using them until I have problems.

Here's the problem, Gwen...

If Premier really wants to be considered as a reliable alternative to pier parking, they can't just be content with providing timely service for those who arrive before 10AM. Indeed, few of us get to the pier at that time.

They need to provide reliable service, with no more than a 15 minute wait for folks whenever they arrive. It was obvious that their business plan was to do stuff as cheaply as possible. Two 9 passenger vans to provide shuttle service? That's ridiculous.

I then received a follow-up survey from the parent company asking about my experience. I noted that I had to wait over 1 1/2 hours. How did they respond? They didn't! Not a word. Not good!

Guest maddycat

We've sailed out of Bayonne more than a dozen times. It's a 45 minute drive from our house in Bergen county. We always drive to the pier and park there. It's very convenient, no waiting for a shuttle or car service. We consider the expense to be part of our cruise fare.

Here's the problem, Gwen...

If Premier really wants to be considered as a reliable alternative to pier parking, they can't just be content with providing timely service for those who arrive before 10AM. Indeed, few of us get to the pier at that time.

They need to provide reliable service, with no more than a 15 minute wait for folks whenever they arrive. It was obvious that their business plan was to do stuff as cheaply as possible. Two 9 passenger vans to provide shuttle service? That's ridiculous.

I then received a follow-up survey from the parent company asking about my experience. I noted that I had to wait over 1 1/2 hours. How did they respond? They didn't! Not a word. Not good!

I understand what you are saying. I am not trying to promote them. I am just saying that I never had any problems with them. I will be using them again the end of August and maybe I will have problems then, I never know. And with the Explorer leaving and the Quantum heading there, I seriously doubt I will be sailing from there again. The Quantum is just too expensive right now. We can take 2 sailings from Baltimore for the price of 1 on the Quantum. I hope to sail on it at some point, but the prices will have to come down for that to happen.

We have had some bad experiences with the porters at Cape Liberty. We don't like their attitude, but have to deal with it to sail on the Explorer or Summit.

All is good.;)

Does anyone know if they are still having the old problem when some of the cars that were parked in the Bayonne lot ended up being sprayed with paint? I remember being concerned about this the last time I drove to the parking lot there but was glad that my car was fine when I got back. I think there was some kind of a warehouse nearby where cars were being sprayed by paint if the wind blew in a certain direction.

Anyway, does anyone know if that issue has been fixed?

I understand what you are saying. I am not trying to promote them. I am just saying that I never had any problems with them. I will be using them again the end of August and maybe I will have problems then, I never know. And with the Explorer leaving and the Quantum heading there, I seriously doubt I will be sailing from there again. The Quantum is just too expensive right now. We can take 2 sailings from Baltimore for the price of 1 on the Quantum. I hope to sail on it at some point, but the prices will have to come down for that to happen.

We have had some bad experiences with the porters at Cape Liberty. We don't like their attitude, but have to deal with it to sail on the Explorer or Summit.

All is good.;)

I hear ya, Gwen. Indeed, all is good!:) Like you, we will not sail Quantum until prices come down. And yes, the baggage guys at the pier can be annoying! BTW, we love Summit. Have you considered a Southern Caribbean out of San Juan?

Yogi

The paint problem was many years ago. We got money for it happening to our car. Parked there 2 years ago and had no problems. I think they moved the lot. Parking there again in August.

Thank you. That makes me feel better. Now I'll defintely be parking there for my July cruise. That was the only concen I had about parking in that lot.

I read in one of the posts about some major road and bridge work being done soon and for a lengthy period.

Driving into the port was bad enough before, but if the roads are going to be a mess, I'm more inclined to leave the car outside the area and hire a ride.

I read in one of the posts about some major road and bridge work being done soon and for a lengthy period.

Driving into the port was bad enough before, but if the roads are going to be a mess, I'm more inclined to leave the car outside the area and hire a ride.

Royal Caribbean (and Celebrity) needs to seriously consider giving up Bayonne and moving back to NYC, either Manhattan or Brooklyn.

There are 15 million of us in NYC and on Long Island just waiting!

Edited by yogimax

Guest maddycat
Does anyone know if they are still having the old problem when some of the cars that were parked in the Bayonne lot ended up being sprayed with paint? I remember being concerned about this the last time I drove to the parking lot there but was glad that my car was fine when I got back. I think there was some kind of a warehouse nearby where cars were being sprayed by paint if the wind blew in a certain direction.

Anyway, does anyone know if that issue has been fixed?

That was paint overspray from Bayonne Drydock. There hasn't been a problem for some time now. The drydock erected barriers to contain the paint.

Royal Caribbean (and Celebrity) needs to seriously consider giving up Bayonne and moving back to NYC, either Manhattan or Brooklyn.

There are 15 million of us in NYC and on Long Island just waiting!

Driving into NYC and parking at the piers is no pleasure. The whole set up is not user friendly. On top of that, NYC now charges $40 a day to park.

Hopefully, when the new terminal and parking garage are completed at Cape Liberty things will be greatly improved.

Premier Parking is NOT a well run, nor properly insured nor licensed company..they'll hire ANYONE with a van to drive them...

The paint issue has been resolved..

Park at the pier for $19 bucks a day..be safe, convenient and happy...

Driving into NYC and parking at the piers is no pleasure.

I hear you maddy. You live in New Jersey.

But there are 16 MILLION of us in NYC and Long Island.

Seems the market is large enough to have ports BOTH in Bayonne and NYC!