Question for Globaliser....

In looking for a London hotel, I came across the London Marriott Maida Vale. Can you give me an idea of what area this hotel is located in? Do you know anything about the hotel? Thanks!

Claudia

I am not Globaliser and I am sure you will be answered,but in the meantime I can say it is not city center and here is a link from TripAdvisor that may help as well.

Marriott London Maida Vale Hotel - London - Marriott London Maida Vale Hotel r

In looking for a London hotel, I came across the London Marriott Maida Vale. Can you give me an idea of what area this hotel is located in? Do you know anything about the hotel? Thanks!

Claudia

Hi Venicecruiser,

This Hotel is not considered to be good nor is the location

When are you in London ? and what do you want to see?

John

Hi John - I will be there next May 14, 15, 16, heading to Southampton on the 17th. It will be my first time in London, so I'd like to see as much as possible.

I will be traveling alone, so I want to be in a nice area with convenient access to busses/subway. Any help you could provide would be very much appreciated! I've already spent hours researching hotels and now I'm just more confused.........

Claudia

Hi John - I will be there next May 14, 15, 16, heading to Southampton on the 17th. It will be my first time in London, so I'd like to see as much as possible.

I will be traveling alone, so I want to be in a nice area with convenient access to busses/subway. Any help you could provide would be very much appreciated! I've already spent hours researching hotels and now I'm just more confused.........

Claudia

I am not John,but since I have traveled to London by myself and will again I like to stay at the Jolly St.Ermins across from New Scotland Yard.The tube(St.James) is right around the corner,there are place to eat nearby,and I can walk to a lot of the sights as well.It is not far from Buckinham Palace.The rooms can vary in size,bit I have always felt they were fine,but most important I always felt safe there and the staff is very nice.I have styaed in other hotles which have been fine as well,but this one just struck a chord with me.I am sure John will have some good ideas as well.Here is a link for the hotel..Jolly Hotel St. Ermins in London, England

Jolly Hotel St. Ermins London 2 Caxton Street SW1h 0QW Information

I also suggest using the Hop/on Hop/off bus to see the sights and get a great overview of London and then you can always go back..it is good to get the 2 days pass..you may not even need to use the tube or if yiu do just get a one day ticket.Oxford Street is the main shopping area.

Have a great stay in London.:p

Claudia

Hi Venicecruiser,

As cberge suggests the St Ermins Hotel is well located and not a bad bet.

The other Hotels that I would suggest are the Goring Hotel in Beeston Place which is just behind Buckingham Palace and one of my all time favourites.The staff are wonderful and the restaurant is excellent, recently winning the best British Restaurant award in London

The Stafford Hotel in St James is also very good and well located for sightseeing.The hotel with great views is the Marriott County Hall which is on the River Thames and is opposite the Houses of Parliament and is the one that friends from a previous cruise are staying at in March 2006.Like anything in life it all depends on what you want to pay and what your lifestyle and expectations are.My personal preference is to have the best,so my recommendations are thus so

Remember if you aim low,you will always acheive it!!

Regards

John

Claudia

I stayed there last year while visiting my daughter who was attending school in London, main reason for our stay there was her school recommended it because it was literally 200 yards from her flat. The hotel is not what you would expect from a Marriott in the US but is clean, has an indoor pool and health club and restaurants. The area is not the greatest and the hotel is very convienent to the tube stop, I believe Bakerloo line which will take you anywhere in a few minutes.

I highly recommend this hotel. It is across the street from the Ritz and the location can't be better. It is by the Green Park tube station. And by the Bus to Picadilly circus. You can walk to Bond street, Musuems, etc if you dont' feel comfortable with public transport. Botique british hotel with mostly british tourists.

Thanks for the info. I've actually been considering this one and its on my short-list.

Anyone know anything about Harrington Hall Hotel? How about the Grange Rochester?

Claudia

It has always been a favorite of a lot of people I know and I would consider it on my next trip..I have stayed in the area and it's a good area as well.Can't help with the GR.

Thanks for the info. I've actually been considering this one and its on my short-list.

Anyone know anything about Harrington Hall Hotel? How about the Grange Rochester?

Claudia

Venicecruiser,The Grange is in Rochester Row which is in the Victoria area,the Harrington Hall is in the Gloucester Road area,which is a big tourist area and is full of cheap Hotels,I would go for the Grange and have a look at the Grange Hotels Website as there are more in London

John

Archived