Choice Air?

The email I received yesterday from the RC Shoreside Concierge mentions the advantages of booking through Choice Air. "Best Price Guarantees"

How many of you have used Choice Air for domestic travel? (I've heard sometimes they can be better for international flights.) On our last cruise, because our cruise was extended a day due to Hurricane Sandy, we had to deal with changing flights while on board, which wasn't the easiest thing to do with a slow internet connection and very busy phone lines. It all worked out, but for the people who had booked through the cruise line, everything was taken care of.

Best price guarantee, and 110% refund of the difference if we find a lower rate? Seems like a no brainer.

Do any of you use Choice Air? I always thought their prices were higher, but honestly have never looked into it.

The email I received yesterday from the RC Shoreside Concierge mentions the advantages of booking through Choice Air. "Best Price Guarantees"

How many of you have used Choice Air for domestic travel? (I've heard sometimes they can be better for international flights.) On our last cruise, because our cruise was extended a day due to Hurricane Sandy, we had to deal with changing flights while on board, which wasn't the easiest thing to do with a slow internet connection and very busy phone lines. It all worked out, but for the people who had booked through the cruise line, everything was taken care of.

Best price guarantee, and 110% refund of the difference if we find a lower rate? Seems like a no brainer.

Do any of you use Choice Air? I always thought their prices were higher, but honestly have never looked into it.

We used them once before to fly home from Rome. We saved over 1500 dollars using them as to going by Air Canada directly. You do get good service from the CSR's at choice Air.

Edited by Folk Singer

I've found that Choice Air prices are higher for doemstic flights, and lower for international flights, especially for one-way international flights.

I would not plan on using the low price guarantee. There are so many conditions that you would likely never be able to match the exact fare terms that Choice Air is selling.

I've also recently noticed that they no longer offer the Flex Fare option. This was a huge advantage to Choice Air as it allowed you to book flights, freeze the prices, but not pay until cruise final payment. That's gone now, so you pay for the flight up front.

the site must be down? I just tried and it said the page is no longer available:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/transportation.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=2&snav=13

ETA....I just found the direct site...sorry about that: http://www.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/home.do

That seems to be working

Edited by slyster

the site must be down? I just tried and it said the page is no longer available:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/transportation.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=2&snav=13

ETA....I just found the direct site...sorry about that: http://www.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/home.do

That seems to be working

I've used http://www.choiceair.com with good luck. It redirects to the crusingpower site.

Just did a price comparison using Choice Air and Kayak. Same exact flights on American.

Choice Air price was $15 more pp. I actually might go with that, if anything for the peace of mind just in case something weather related happens to screw up our return flight. We fly out the day before we cruise, so not so worried about the outbound flight. I need to look into this a little more. If we're stuck on board for whatever reason, they will make sure we get a return flight back?

And since I found that lower fare, if I book through them, they'll give me an OBC for 110% of the difference??

Just did a price comparison using Choice Air and Kayak. Same exact flights on American.

Choice Air price was $15 more pp. I actually might go with that, if anything for the peace of mind just in case something weather related happens to screw up our return flight. We fly out the day before we cruise, so not so worried about the outbound flight. I need to look into this a little more. If we're stuck on board for whatever reason, they will make sure we get a return flight back?

And since I found that lower fare, if I book through them, they'll give me an OBC for 110% of the difference??

As I mentioned earlier, in order to get the price drop guarantee, the fare you find that is cheaper must have identical fare rules. Here's an example of the guarantee terms:

The Celebrity ChoiceAir Low Airfare Guarantee applies to the base price of booked airfare only and does not apply to any other fee or charge including taxes, recovery charges, service fees or travel insurance. Promotional packages, deals or bundled prices that may include additional amenities are also not included. The lower advertised price must exactly match the purchased ChoiceAir itinerary, be for the same number of tickets, service class, airline(s), origination and destination gateways, legs, flight numbers and travel dates.

Here is a link to a thread in the Cruise Air forum regarding someone who was not able to get the low price guarantee:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2024549

As I mentioned earlier, in order to get the price drop guarantee, the fare you find that is cheaper must have identical fare rules. Here's an example of the guarantee terms:

The Celebrity ChoiceAir Low Airfare Guarantee applies to the base price of booked airfare only and does not apply to any other fee or charge including taxes, recovery charges, service fees or travel insurance. Promotional packages, deals or bundled prices that may include additional amenities are also not included. The lower advertised price must exactly match the purchased ChoiceAir itinerary, be for the same number of tickets, service class, airline(s), origination and destination gateways, legs, flight numbers and travel dates.

Here is a link to a thread in the Cruise Air forum regarding someone who was not able to get the low price guarantee:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2024549

Thanks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've found that Choice Air prices are higher for domestic flights, and lower for international flights, especially for one-way international flights.

I always check, just to see, and it seems that the price the offer is no cheaper than what I can find elsewhere online for Domestic.

However, the savings for international are immense, especially 1 way International. I was able to book one way to London for $428. The cheapest I could find that same flight online was over $2000. Even Round trip is somewhat cheaper. I was able to save about $300 on an upcoming Celebrity Cruise over what I could find myself online.

I don't think I would bother using them for domestic travel

Choice air is good for one way international flights but once I had to cancel and there is a charge, rather high, if you do…………..

That's why I miss the Flex fare. You only paid $25pp for cancelling an international flight if it was booked using Flex.

I booked with Choice Air last month for domestic flights in May. I checked all the prices prior to calling them, and they were the same, except for the $15.00 service fee. Since I required a connection to pick up my daughter, and both of us continue on to CApe Canaveral, I felt the assurance of their service in case one of our flights did not get off or land on time was worth the fee. So far, the customer svc has been great?