My video of the secret aft balcony on The Oasis

Hello all,

I thought of my fellow cruisers while on the Oasis last week. I took this video for your personal enjoyment of the AFT secret balcony on deck 14.....I hope you enjoy!

Tim

Edited by skyking

Hello all,

I thought of my fellow cruisers while on the Oasis last week. I took this video for your personal enjoyment of the AFT secret balcony on deck 14.....I hope you enjoy!

Tim

Thanks, great to see how to get to the secret balconies! Were they busy when the water show was on?

Edited by Valiamo

Hello all,

Tim

Thanks for the video. We'll be heading up to the secret balcony on the Oasis on April 26th. We've been on the secret balcony on deck 11 for sail a way, but didn't know they had lounge chairs on the 14th.

Thanks for the video. We'll be heading up to the secret balcony on the Oasis on April 26th. We've been on the secret balcony on deck 11 for sail a way, but didn't know they had lounge chairs on the 14th.

Your welcome:) I really want to learn this video stuff....I like to be able to see everything ya know??? I can't wait to practice so Im ready for the Divina in OCT.

We discovered the secret balcony on Oasis in 2010 (our cabin attendant told us about it) and have enjoyed it on Allure a couple of times and Oasis again. Although I will say by 2013 we were no longer alone on those balconies. Those balconies are not so secret anymore.

Thanks for posting this. We sail on 11/29 also and have the last boardwalk balcony on deck 12 so not too far to walk to get to the secret balcony. Can't wait.

YW.....I am downloading another video to the youtube page right now..It's kinda a site and sound of Oasis video..Enjoy!

Edited by skyking

Great! I think people see the "maze" to get outside and it's off putting. Knowing that it's ok to go out there is wonderful! There was a similar deck on my Paul Gaughin cruise, but it had a sign that said, "emergency exit" so people avoided it, but the crew said, it was meant to be "also" an an emergency exit, not "only" an emergency exit! This one has no such sign, but it is off the beaten path!

I like that it's very shady. For those who asked about noise...as you can hear in the video, the bulk of the noise is the rush of water aft, though you will hear music and the CD narration (but it's tough to understand) if a show is going on. Sometimes you hear the rock climbers ring a bell, but they are below you too:D

Enjoy everyone...it's like my dad always says, "if you are willing to walk even a 1/4 mile off the beaten path, you have the place all to yourself"!:D

Edited by Familygoboston

Great! I think people see the "maze" to get outside and it's off putting. Knowing that it's ok to go out there is wonderful! There was a similar deck on my Paul Gaughin cruise, but it had a sign that said, "emergency exit" so people avoided it, but the crew said, it was meant to be "also" an an emergency exit, not "only" an emergency exit! This one has no such sign, but it is off the beaten path!

I like that it's very shady. For those who asked about noise...as you can hear in the video, the bulk of the noise is the rush of water aft, though you will hear music and the CD narration (but it's tough to understand) if a show is going on. Sometimes you hear the rock climbers ring a bell, but they are below you too:D

Enjoy everyone...it's like my dad always says, "if you are willing to walk even a 1/4 mile off the beaten path, you have the place all to yourself"!:D

Actually, these days if it is more than a 100 foot walk, you should be all alone.

(sarcasm mode on) I plan on replacing my normal goto for chairs:

3f3ae27e44ca4ca42c6ae761ff1673ae_zpsc216f78b.jpg

With one of these for the "secret aft balcony":

272d16ec5ad83d9d1e3e9596461ee951_zps41d80294.jpg

(sarcasm mode off)

Reminder to the fragile people that the above is meant to be funny.

Thanks for the video!

Edited by tanzer22pilot

• 3 weeks later...