Wine in MDR

silverpenguin

If you purchase a bottle at dinner in the MDR, can you take it back to your cabin if you don't finish it? Trying to decide between ordering from BV, waiting until dinner the first night, or carrying on. I know if we order through BV, we won't be able to take it to MDR.

You can take a glass of wine from your room to the MDR.

We do that all the time. You just ask for a wine glass from a bar or the dining room and keep it in your room to use.

That won't help if you want more than 1 glass of wine with your meal but it works fine for us.

You can also order a bottle of wine at dinner and take the unused bottle back to your room if you choose or you can ask them to keep it for you and then use it the next night.

If you purchase a bottle at dinner in the MDR, can you take it back to your cabin if you don't finish it? Trying to decide between ordering from BV, waiting until dinner the first night, or carrying on. I know if we order through BV, we won't be able to take it to MDR.

You can carry one bottle on per person, order from BV or take the bottle you order at dinner back to your room. We have asked our steward for extra glasses to enjoy the wine in the room or on the balcony. They're the regular water glasses, but they work. We also use take wine glasses back to the room when we have wine around the ship, and wash them out for their next use.

Last June on the Freedom there were two wine glasses in the cabin. We used these with our carryon wine, and I actually got away with carrying my wine bottle to dinner for My Time Dining. Don't think I would again tho, however when asked our steward could not replace the glasses as their stock was depleted?? So I just brought back one like suggested.

In Feb on the Glory, wine glasses were replaced as needed. Maybe they stock more?? Had a new steward of only two weeks, so maybe he didn't get the memo? But FYI, I had the classic bubble pkg. so at night I washed that container out, put a wine refill in it and refilled my glass myself if wanted. With the new dining rules, service is a little less hands on so I found this to be easy. My friends only drink white wine and usually on ice? So they filled their bubbles thermos before dinner and were good to go. They each took the large bottles of wine on board with no problem. I stick to the standard size as I buy 2 different reds, luckily my roomie only drinks beer so both are mine! I usually end up leaving some behind. Happy Cruise'n.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Edited by sunnydaygirl