---> !!CARNIVAL VICTORY REVIEW!! <--- Complete Pictorial Guide! [April 10, 2014]

swim13

13880250633_5d9ef575b5_o.jpg

13880251393_56b38a84a6_o.jpg

13880199405_8c9bb03c3e_o.jpg

Pause! We got late seat dining which I prefer because you never have to feel rushed and the wait staff always seems more relaxed. It's nice to not have to be back early from a port for dinner. Again I don't know if it has to deal with budget cuts or not but the dining service was very lack luster this cruise. I remember on the Carnival Dream having an amazing wait staff who interacted with us and even did tricks every night! I don't remember our wait staff at all really, can't even put a face to the names this time. The food seemed to be lacking a little too. I'm not a chef or a food critic but I have had far better food, even on Carnival. Not bad though, I am definitely not complaining! Just merely an observation and it was way better than what I would be eating at college, lol!

13880200085_a48bebc60c_o.jpg

13880594524_c5b782548b_o.jpg

13880201625_f1c244348a_o.jpg

Edited by swim13

13880596234_8b9f9a7b9c_o.jpg

Warning, don't go on one of the biggest and best mass-marketed ships in the industry before going on an older ship! The entertainment in the main show lounge was not bad but compared to the broadway and cirque shows I just saw on Allure, I was barely super impressed. They need new speakers in the lounge! Don't worry, you are going to love all of the music and dancing but its just me. I am not a harsh critic and enjoyed it but like I said, I needed to lower my expectations a little more. Also despite being an impressive theater size wise, Carnival needs to redesign the upper tier...Nobody wants to be sitting on the upper sides because you would literally kill your neck by turning it to the left or right the whole show!!

13880597174_96f5de32a9_o.jpg

13880256773_0afc2acfc8_o.jpg

13880204455_9e4020df2c_o.jpg

13880205245_a4d095d62b_o.jpg

After the show my friends and I traveled to the back of the ship through the thrilling and electrifying Deck 5 promenade to go to the Adriatic Lounge in the aft for the comedy show "hosted" by George Lopez. I have to say the comedians were really funny! It may be raunchy for some people but honestly I'm very liberal and none of it bothered me. I believe George Lopez hires the comedians now and that is why they say it is hosted by him. After that my friends and I went to the nightclub which I have to say is the best club I've been to on a ship! It was very large and I loved how the dance floor was a little lower from the lounge and bar. The bar was very NYC-like. It was impressive! We then got some ice cream and chilled out by the aft pool and then went to bed around 1:30 am!

13880206245_69153b1711_o.jpg

13880207165_4f882ac6d1_o.jpg

13880207545_06c57571b1_o.jpg

13880261593_e79282623b_o.jpg

13880603174_8bf928495a_o.jpg

13880263253_d110381c98_o.jpg

13880210585_7c8e84c7f1_o.jpg

13880264333_1d61d4319d_o.jpg

Day 1 is DONE! I hope you enjoyed the journey through the first day. It was a long day full of traveling and exploring but it never felt better to hit the pillow on a ship that rocked me to sleep! My first impression of the ship was better than I expected but it definitely needs a refurbishment, more to come on that later! Goodnight everyone, I will pick up on this tomorrow with Day 2. Please let me know how you are liking my review so far and ask any questions!

:D

Excellent!

Thanks!

Nice pictures...thanks.

No, thank you!!

Yeah!! So excited to read your review!!!! We sail on her in August and I'm getting really excited. I am a bit nervous cause we have an aft balcony on deck six:eek: Hope we will be able to sleep!!!! We are quite a bit older than college age. Lol

Welcome! That is really exciting, what is your itinerary?! Don't be nervous, you are too far back from the nightclub to hear the noise from it. That is the venue that I would be most concerned about and I don't think you will have a problem. Plus its hard to not be able to sleep on the seven seas! Enjoy!!

Enjoying the review!

Thanks!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do another GREAT review!!

As you can see by my signature, we have decided to take the plunge and sail on the Allure. This decision was totally based on excellent reviews by posters such as yourself. Heck, we even booked the same pre-cruise hotel as you. We were very unsure about booking a ship that size, but now we cannot wait.

I was excited to see this review on the Victory, as we plan on sailing her in September to visit HMC again. We love this size ship, and although older, I am sure we will have a good time. I never consciously try to compare ships, as each cruise is a new adventure. In fact, one of my favorite ships, the Nordic Empress, was one of the smallest mainstream ships we have sailed.

I can't wait for more installments of this review. You certainly do an excellent job!!!

Love your style and sense of fun and making a blast out of it all but being truthful...you have had better..but are enjoying to the fullest...thanks for all the great commentary and wowow on the pictures..you feel there!!!

Sarah

Loving the review so far! We have exactly 3 weeks till the cruise and cannot be more excited for it,this will be my first carnival cruise. Went on monarch of the seas in August 2012 right after hurricane sandy hit😢but we was lucky .......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you SO much for doing this review. While I have never been on the Victory, and have no current plans to, your pictures make her look absolutely gorgeous.:D:D:D

Seriously may have to consider her for a short cruise.

Thank you again!!!!

21d2we8.png

- Lava Stones On My Back?! -

Welcome back everyone! This is the day we docked in Key West, Florida. As you already most likely assumed, I love my iPhone and was glad I could use it in Key West! It almost felt wrong to be using my phone in a port after I just got off a cruise because I've never been able to do this before! I didn't use it too much but it was nice to snapchat my friends back home and make them all jealous, Muwahahahaha!! :-P Anyways, we didn't really have any plans other than to go to the Southernmost Point of the Continental U.S.A. and to walk around Duval St. We docked around 7 I believe and we had to be back on the ship by 1:30 pm. I didn't mind not having too much time here because you almost get the best of both worlds...a port and sea day. I was also excited for today because I scheduled the hot stone massage for 5:30 pm. Hmmm did I like it?!

I don't recall the time we got off the ship but it was pretty early. We walked all the way down Duval St. making a few pit stops to shops and the "oldest house in Key West". The street is beautiful and full of life. The architecture was almost a mix of something you would see in New Orleans to old colonial style homes; beautiful landscaping and well-kept buildings. You could feel the energy as we kept walking...live music, fresh food being cooked, people dancing, and even cash registers beeping as people poured their savings into the economy. We finally reached our destination, THE SOUTHERNMOST POINT dun, dun, dun! I was surprised to see a line but Jacquie, Katya, Kaitlynn, and I waited so we could get a super awesome picture. Again, we could post to Instagram immediately since we were still in the US, haha!

We then went to a beach and relaxed for a bit. Jacquie and Kaitlynn wanted to do some more shopping so they stayed on Duval. Katya and I met up with some of the others who rented a 6 passenger motorcar! That was fun to cruise down the street in one of those. We were looking for someone in our group who went "missing" but we eventually found out she was back on the ship, haha! We all met back at the port and got on the ship together. We then headed for lunch and then relaxed by the pool. I will end off here and start the "Fun Times" and pictures of Key West!

April 11 - FUN TIMES

4vk5uf.png352oope.png5mn9df.pngvpkk8x.png