Visa Signature Card Complimentary Upgrade Offer

I received a Royal Caribbean Signature Visa upgrade offer in the mail to receive a special 2-for-1 airfare offer? Anyone else considering this upgrade offer? I can't find details about the special airfare offer, so not sure if it's a specific airline or how many restrictions would be on the special. I still have the older platinum version of the visa, but considering the change to the new card. Have you noticed any differences since changing to the new signature visa card?

I got the offer via email. Here's what it says on the application page:

Two for one airfare after $3500 in card purchases within the first 90 days (students not eligible)

Discounted Companion Airfare Offer. Cardholders will receive a discounted companion airline certificate good for two coach class, roundtrip airline tickets at a discounted price. 14-day advance purchase required. Fares subject to change without notice. Selection of airline varies by market. Airline service is not available in all markets. The discounted companion ticket is only available for travel in the continental U.S. on fares offered through Promotions in Travel LTD. Normal taxes and fees charged by the airline will apply to both tickets. Platinum Plus accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. See complete terms and conditions sent with registration form. Additional restrictions may apply. Federal law prohibits students from receiving a premium.

Yes, I was wondering about that too. We just got the card, and I'm wondering if its worth my while to put $3500 in the next 2 months on the card in order to get the 2 for 1 airfare. I checked Bank of America (who the card is through) and they know nothing about it, they only have the Platinum package (which is $90 a year :eek:), where you can get enough points to get free airfare.

We could put our entire cruise on the card now, to get the credit, but it sounds like you have to go through a place called Companion ticket and they will send out the voucher and you have to book through them. Is it worth the time and hassle factor of not being able to book your own tickets, not to mention paying interest on the whole amount right off the bat, instead of making payments as you go along?? :confused: I am a little worried too if they would book us on a flight that we wouldn't have chosen ourselves (lots of layovers, fees, etc. :(

Thoughts, please!!!

Got the offer in the mail today, was wondering if my reward points would transfer over to new card? Don't want to lose them. Figured I call them in a couple of days after the dust settles.

Yup - same here. I wanted to wait until I used most of my current points on this upcoming cruise and then make the switch since the offer is valid until 6/30/14.

It does say the cc# will change so I don't want to take any chances.

Yup - same here. I wanted to wait until I used most of my current points on this upcoming cruise and then make the switch since the offer is valid until 6/30/14.

It does say the cc# will change so I don't want to take any chances.

I went ahead and signed up yesterday. It does say that all points will transfer.

My credit card number has changed multiple times (due to fraudulent use of the card and most recently because of the whole Target thing) and my points have always transferred with no problem.

I figure it won't hurt anything to change - I am not losing anything and have the chance to get free tickets.:)

I also have Royal Caribbean visa but did not receive the mail or email to upgrade.

Could someone tell me who the email was from? And who the mailing came from?

I do not get a lot of things from them and wonder why...

Thanks

I also have Royal Caribbean visa but did not receive the mail or email to upgrade.

Could someone tell me who the email was from? And who the mailing came from?

I do not get a lot of things from them and wonder why...

Thanks

We got the info in the mail - from Bank of America. Looked like most of the other offers we get from them.

https://easyrewards.bankofamerica.com/default.aspx

I don't know if you will be able to see the offer or not. You have to have a registration code, if you don't you can use last name, last 4 digits of account number and billing zip code to see all available offers. Not everyone will get an offer I suppose.

For us, it was the companion fare if you purchased $3500 in the first 90 days of opening the card. We just got the card last month, so if we put that much on the card in that amount of time, I believe we would qualify. I just don't know if its worth our while.

I don't know about other offers that folks are getting.

We got the info in the mail - from Bank of America. Looked like most of the other offers we get from them.

https://easyrewards.bankofamerica.com/default.aspx

I don't know if you will be able to see the offer or not. You have to have a registration code, if you don't you can use last name, last 4 digits of account number and billing zip code to see all available offers. Not everyone will get an offer I suppose.

Ok thank you. Just tried that link but it said no record found. hmmmm

Oh well..

looks like you have to book throughout a third party travel agency. Not sure but think I could just book my own airfare, times and price that I like. Sometimes they have just the major airlines on offer, which leaves out Southwest. I find many times Southwest is still the cheapest for where I want to go!

I received a Royal Caribbean Signature Visa upgrade offer in the mail to receive a special 2-for-1 airfare offer? Anyone else considering this upgrade offer? I can't find details about the special airfare offer, so not sure if it's a specific airline or how many restrictions would be on the special. I still have the older platinum version of the visa, but considering the change to the new card. Have you noticed any differences since changing to the new signature visa card?

I went ahead an upgraded it since there is no additional application. And of course Visa Signature has better benefits than Platinum. Just go ahead and upgrade. I called the phone number provided and selected option 1 and voilla my account was upgraded and I should get my card in the mail within 30 days.

You can still continue to use your current Royal card until you get the new one.

I can tell you we got the new card last fall...and we did qualify for the free companion airfare, but for us, it was not a good deal. We were sent a letter with our code to redeem our free airfare...however, when I was ready to purchase our tickets, the exact flight I wanted was $350 on the airline site, but when I went over to the third party site, they were charging a whopping $550 for the tickets and for the free one, we would have to pay taxes and fees for it.....so we weren't really getting anything for free...in fact, because we needed 3 tickets, we would be paying more than going through the airline direct. I was so disappointed.

We actually have two cards going...the old one, and this new one. And when it came time to redeem our points, it let me pull points off both card accounts to get shipboard credit.

Also got the offer in the form of an email. Called Bof A and they were clueless....imagine that! After the BofA agent stumbling over every word, I got transferred to RC and a guy named Shawn who works for RC in the rewards redemption department, he went over every detail and answered all my questions. He knows his job!!!

Signed up for the new card. Should arrive in a few weeks...all points transfer over, you also get 10K points after your first purchase, that is normally just for NEW card holders, but is an added bonus for the Signature card.

As others already stated the two for one airfare...after you spend $3500 in 90 days.

Why not get the Southwest Card where you get 50,000 points, almost always enough for 2 free round trips or more

Because some of us don't live in areas where there are very many Southwest flights...unless we wanted to spend the whole day connecting to get where we wanted to go.

Also got the offer in the form of an email. Called Bof A and they were clueless....imagine that! After the BofA agent stumbling over every word, I got transferred to RC and a guy named Shawn who works for RC in the rewards redemption department, he went over every detail and answered all my questions. He knows his job!!!

Signed up for the new card. Should arrive in a few weeks...all points transfer over, you also get 10K points after your first purchase, that is normally just for NEW card holders, but is an added bonus for the Signature card.

As others already stated the two for one airfare...after you spend $3500 in 90 days.

hmmmm....didn't see the extra points in my offer - wonder if we will get that.

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

Why not get the Southwest Card where you get 50,000 points, almost always enough for 2 free round trips or more

Because then they'd have to fly Southwest, and frankly, I wouldn't wish that my worst enemy....

...said the guy that had a 17 hour flight down and a 10 hour flight back for his normally 3 hour flight courtesy of Southworst.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD