Passport Renewal Processing Time

98Charlie

We mailed ours to Philadelphia I believe. The return envelope came from New Hampshire.

For our originals (10 years ago) we had to go to the Post Office (central Ohio) and fill out the applications in person. Those were issued from New Orleans.

Charlie

They are estimating a 6-week turn around time, which sounds about right. Be warned, however, with the proposed changes requiring passports for Canada & the Caribbean, there will soon be a much longer wait. Don't procrastinate. I have seen many trips ruined because of expires passports...

Maryann

Atlantic Travel, Inc.

They are estimating a 6-week turn around time, which sounds about right. Be warned, however, with the proposed changes requiring passports for Canada & the Caribbean, there will soon be a much longer wait. Don't procrastinate. I have seen many trips ruined because of expires passports...

Maryann

Atlantic Travel, Inc.

Absolutely. 10 days last November, 31 in May and 38 in June. When it gets to October or early November, it may be too late for a renewal to arrive this year.

Charlie

DW & I just got our passports renewed. Total time was 38 days. :D (21 JUN to 29 JUL).

Charlie

I hope your right. I sent our sin June 22 and haven't received them yet (need them by Aug21st). So I'm not panicking just yet, but getting nervous. I'm thinking if they don't come by mid week next week, I may need to get them expedited.

Thanks for the post.:rolleyes:

I hope your right. I sent our sin June 22 and haven't received them yet (need them by Aug21st). So I'm not panicking just yet, but getting nervous. I'm thinking if they don't come by mid week next week, I may need to get them expedited.

Thanks for the post.:rolleyes:

There was a phone number on the sheet that you tear off of the renewal application. I called it to find out if I should send in one check or two and if the renewals could be sent in the same envelope. When they answered the phone the first thing she said was, "are you checking on the status of an application?".

You might be able to find out by calling that number.

Charlie

We applied for new passports (never had one before) DH was sent June 22 but I needed a better birth certificate so mine wasn't sent until July 11, but neither have been received yet. I expect to get DH any day and hopefuly mine shortly after. We aren't in a hurry as we don't cruise unitl March.

Archived