Why should a loyal carnival cruiser try RCCL?

If HAL works for them and they're happy with it, then it's their "steak" and they need look no further.

I've been fascinated with RCCL since I stepped on Majesty of the Seas back in 1993. I've looked into other cruise lines and found different features that might appeal, but nothing holds a candle to them.

;)

jayblue RCCL cruiser

I suppose this works if you only want a Caribbean cruise. What if you want a Baltic and Scandinavia cruise? Are you not going to do one just because RCCL doesn't offer it while Princess and Celebrity have some great itineraries there?

I look at it like I look at marriage: choose the right one the first time and you'll never look at another.

I've been on RC 3 times, and every time it gets better. Why go for hamburger when I have filet mignon?

jayblue RCCL cruiser

If HAL works for them and they're happy with it, then it's their "steak" and they need look no further.

I've been fascinated with RCCL since I stepped on Majesty of the Seas back in 1993. I've looked into other cruise lines and found different features that might appeal, but nothing holds a candle to them.

;)

jayblue RCCL cruiser

They/you can have your "steak", but is it really right to call the another anything less, ... when you have no personal knowledge to do so? ;)

I suppose this works if you only want a Caribbean cruise. What if you want a Baltic and Scandinavia cruise? Are you not going to do one just because RCCL doesn't offer it while Princess and Celebrity have some great itineraries there?

I'm not going to do those anyway. If I change my mind, Celebrity is owned by RCI. I would go with them.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

My previous "ridiculous" comment still stands, bit now it's YOU'RE RIDICULOUS! :rolleyes:

But, I am sticking with RCI as the best. If that makes me ridiculous, so be it!

:D

jayblue RCCL cruiser

They/you can have your "steak", but is it really right to call the another anything less, ... when you have no personal knowledge to do so? ;)

Of course it's not right.

It's always amusing when somebody compares cruise lines without having ever been on one of the ones they're comparing.

But, I am sticking with RCI as the best. If that makes me ridiculous, so be it!

:D

jayblue RCCL cruiser

It's only ridiculous that you reply to threads about comparing cruise lines. You just come off as kind of silly.

I'm not going to do those anyway. If I change my mind, Celebrity is owned by RCI. I would go with them.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

Not true, Celebrity is not owned by RCI!

RCCL owns RCI, Celebrity, Pullmantur, Azamara Club Cruises, Criosieres de France and in a Joint venture with TUI 50% of TUI Cruises.

The Folks at RCI can be happy to have formed such brand loyalty with you. However if you think those 4-5 cruiselines would be similar, just because they are owned by the same parent Company you are vastly mistaken.

I have sailed carnival many times. I have sails RCCL mariner of the seas about 10 years ago. For anyone who has cruised both RCCL and CCL can you tell me why I should try RCCL again...

Considerations: RCCL more expensive, only 1 person has to purchase beverage program on RCCL, prefer easy access to food options by the pool on carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

My take on the differences...been on one....Freedom of the Seas:

My perspective (mostly all mid-ship):

Sailed 10X Carnival Fantasy Class, inside & ocean view

Sailed 1X Carnival Spirit Class, 1st ever balcony

Sailed 1X Carnival Dream Class, Lido inside

Sailed 1X RCCL Freedom Class, Junior Suite, Hump

Easy going professional who trains others to manage people

If you get bored, scroll to the bottom for stills and videos.

First and foremost, 9334 spoiled me for all other cabin choices on all other lines, except maybe "up" on RCCL. It's the best cabin I've ever spent a week in. From what I've seen it pictures, Carnival's suites can't touch it. If I had to chose a line based soley on cabin choice, it would be Freedom class hump JS every time.

Since I don't always choose just based on the cabin, let's talk about ++ & --.

As far as the ship in general, my absolute favorite is the Dream Class, specifically the Breeze. It's open on almost every deck or at least has large windows that show me the ocean I'm sailing on. With the FOS, I felt like I was more in a floating mall, except on the few times I ventured up to the pool or (this was absolutely AWESOME) the times I spent lounging on our (did I say, "huge"?) balcony. A win for RCCL

Room stewards are difficult to compare because the service is so individual. I've only had one rude steward in my cruising career. So, let's say all I know of room stewards is that they know their job well and don't mind working hard to please their guests! Both win

Service. RCCL wins for all around service. I say this, not because Carnival guys don't "cut it" or are rude, or don't go above and beyond to serve. It's a difference that's hard to put my finger on. I finally decided it has to do with confidence. They have a high level of confidence on RCCL, which seems to make them reach out and engage the guest more genuinely and more often, as opposed to subserviently. It's this tiny line that gives the win to RCCL

Balance of cost of cabin versus location. Carnival wins on the Breeze. Many of RCCL ships don't have cabins on the pool deck; and the daytime dining area is on the total opposite side of the ship as the pool/pool deck cabins. I really enjoy being right there by the door of the LIDO deck, going out to get a plate of breakfast for my sleeping husband, and getting back to the room to find the omelet is still piping hot.

RCCL wins on shows. That Freedom on Ice show is the best show I think I've ever seen on a ship.

Breeze wins on location of pool deck and TV. Again, right out the door, smell the popcorn and grab a seat to watch movies under the stars.

RCCL wins on service before and after cruise. Name changes, corrections on birthdays, changing cabins, credits for errors on SeaPass card...smooth as ice. Again, Carnival is not edgy...just not quite as smooth.

RCCL wins on AM room service. Eggs on the menu, courtesy call as they're on their way, and prompt. Carnival is good...just not this good.

Carnival wins on dining room waiter entertainment. A few formal songs on RCCL v. singing and dancing...more high energy on Carnival

Carnival wins on MDR steak. RCCL cooks a steak to almost rare and it's still tough. You can cut even Carnival's FLAT IRON almost with a fork.

RCCL wins on Cruise director energy and engagement. You'll just have to see it to believe it. This guy acted like he was hosting his own family reunion!

RCCL MDR wins on SEAFOOD VARIETY. WOW! The different seafood tastes I enjoyed that week!

RCCL wins on engagement of head wait staff in MDR. Carnival Maitre d stands at the entry stand and makes a few words at the end of dinner sometimes, in my experience. Ours was interacting with the guests.

Overall, who wins? Both! It all depends on who you're going with and what you want at the time. For example, I immediately booked a JS just a few doors up from this one for myself, my parents, and my husband in a few months for only $300 more total than it was for 2. Right back to the same ship and cabin type...great itinerary and my dad, who never wanted to cruise again is going to love this. Yet, if it was just my husband and myself we'd be back on the inside LIDO of the BREEZE...my mom and I are part of a group going on the Carnival liberty and I literally split it down the middle and opted for a balcony right at the entry of the LIDO DECK...all of it just....WORKS great!

***Cabin videos and stills:

https://rcclfreedomoftheseas9334.shu...com/pictures/8

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...GCyQYiF_6EH_FG

https://breeze10289lidointeriorcabin...om/pictures/10

It's only ridiculous that you reply to threads about comparing cruise lines. You just come off as kind of silly.

My point: If I am a "loyal" RCCL (or Carnival, or Norwegian, or Celebrity) customer, I don't want to look to any other company to satisfy my cruising needs.

That being said, I have looked into Norwegian because they have single cruiser cabins.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

My take on the differences...been on one....Freedom of the Seas:

My perspective (mostly all mid-ship):

Sailed 10X Carnival Fantasy Class, inside & ocean view

Sailed 1X Carnival Spirit Class, 1st ever balcony

Sailed 1X Carnival Dream Class, Lido inside

Sailed 1X RCCL Freedom Class, Junior Suite, Hump

Easy going professional who trains others to manage people

If you get bored, scroll to the bottom for stills and videos.

First and foremost, 9334 spoiled me for all other cabin choices on all other lines, except maybe "up" on RCCL. It's the best cabin I've ever spent a week in. From what I've seen it pictures, Carnival's suites can't touch it. If I had to chose a line based soley on cabin choice, it would be Freedom class hump JS every time.

Since I don't always choose just based on the cabin, let's talk about ++ & --.

As far as the ship in general, my absolute favorite is the Dream Class, specifically the Breeze. It's open on almost every deck or at least has large windows that show me the ocean I'm sailing on. With the FOS, I felt like I was more in a floating mall, except on the few times I ventured up to the pool or (this was absolutely AWESOME) the times I spent lounging on our (did I say, "huge"?) balcony. A win for RCCL

Room stewards are difficult to compare because the service is so individual. I've only had one rude steward in my cruising career. So, let's say all I know of room stewards is that they know their job well and don't mind working hard to please their guests! Both win

Service. RCCL wins for all around service. I say this, not because Carnival guys don't "cut it" or are rude, or don't go above and beyond to serve. It's a difference that's hard to put my finger on. I finally decided it has to do with confidence. They have a high level of confidence on RCCL, which seems to make them reach out and engage the guest more genuinely and more often, as opposed to subserviently. It's this tiny line that gives the win to RCCL

Balance of cost of cabin versus location. Carnival wins on the Breeze. Many of RCCL ships don't have cabins on the pool deck; and the daytime dining area is on the total opposite side of the ship as the pool/pool deck cabins. I really enjoy being right there by the door of the LIDO deck, going out to get a plate of breakfast for my sleeping husband, and getting back to the room to find the omelet is still piping hot.

RCCL wins on shows. That Freedom on Ice show is the best show I think I've ever seen on a ship.

Breeze wins on location of pool deck and TV. Again, right out the door, smell the popcorn and grab a seat to watch movies under the stars.

RCCL wins on service before and after cruise. Name changes, corrections on birthdays, changing cabins, credits for errors on SeaPass card...smooth as ice. Again, Carnival is not edgy...just not quite as smooth.

RCCL wins on AM room service. Eggs on the menu, courtesy call as they're on their way, and prompt. Carnival is good...just not this good.

Carnival wins on dining room waiter entertainment. A few formal songs on RCCL v. singing and dancing...more high energy on Carnival

Carnival wins on MDR steak. RCCL cooks a steak to almost rare and it's still tough. You can cut even Carnival's FLAT IRON almost with a fork.

RCCL wins on Cruise director energy and engagement. You'll just have to see it to believe it. This guy acted like he was hosting his own family reunion!

RCCL MDR wins on SEAFOOD VARIETY. WOW! The different seafood tastes I enjoyed that week!

RCCL wins on engagement of head wait staff in MDR. Carnival Maitre d stands at the entry stand and makes a few words at the end of dinner sometimes, in my experience. Ours was interacting with the guests.

Overall, who wins? Both! It all depends on who you're going with and what you want at the time. For example, I immediately booked a JS just a few doors up from this one for myself, my parents, and my husband in a few months for only $300 more total than it was for 2. Right back to the same ship and cabin type...great itinerary and my dad, who never wanted to cruise again is going to love this. Yet, if it was just my husband and myself we'd be back on the inside LIDO of the BREEZE...my mom and I are part of a group going on the Carnival liberty and I literally split it down the middle and opted for a balcony right at the entry of the LIDO DECK...all of it just....WORKS great!

***Cabin videos and stills:

https://rcclfreedomoftheseas9334.shu...com/pictures/8

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...GCyQYiF_6EH_FG

https://breeze10289lidointeriorcabin...om/pictures/10

Seemed like RCCL won! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Royal is more in price for a reason. I've been on carnival before and in my opinion I got the service I paid for which wasn't much. Just my opinion. It's called the fun ship but the only fun I had was when I got off the ship. Mariner is a great ship and has more to offer than most carnival cruises. Your choice, but it depends on what you like.

My experience is totally different. On the three cruises I have taken with Royal Caribbean the service was very poor. One of my Royal Caribbean cruises was my favorite cruise of all time. But not because of the ship but rather because of the itinerary. It was a Mediterranean cruise and was my first time in Europe. One of my Royal Caribbean cruises was my worst cruise ever. And it was because of the ship not the itinerary. It was on the Monarch of the Sea. This ship was very uncomfortable. In most of the public areas the seats slope down words in a way that was very painful to my back. So I was unable to enjoy any entertainment during the trip. I would like to sail on the Oasis or the Allure someday if the price is right. But I have no desire to sail on their older ships no matter how low the price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I'll be sailing out of Galveston March 2015 in a hump balcony room for 7 days. Here are the two cruises that sail that week.

Ship Rating Price

Navigator of the Seas 4.5 $979.00

Carnival Magic 4.5 $849.00

My math show a difference of $130.00 and with using 1/2 of my balcony discount for comparison, it takes the difference down to $80.00.

Is it more? Yes. Can I get two Carnival cruises for the price of one Royal Caribbean cruise? Not that I have found.

If you can find a cruise for 4 for 7 days with two balcony rooms for $2,000 (half my RC cost), please let me know. I would be interested in checking it out.

I have sailed on both ships. I sailed on the navigator to the Mediterranean in 2009 and it was lovely, the Mediterranean that is, not the navigator. The navigator was fine but nothing special if you don't Ice skate. And the Royal Promenade was so crowded it was unpleasent to be there. The magic is a lovely ship with a beautiful serenity area and lots of hot tubs. I would definitely be willing to pay more to sail on the Magic.

Edited by Jana60

I have sailed on both ships. I sailed on the navigator to the Mediterranean in 2009 and it was lovely, the Mediterranean that is, not the navigator. The navigator was fine but nothing special if you don't Ice skate. And the Royal Promenade was so crowded it was unpleasent to be there. The magic is a lovely ship with a beautiful serenity area and lots of hot tubs. I would definitely be willing to pay more to sail on the Magic.

I haven't been on the Magic and I probably won't ever try it because I hated the Dream. I thought it was horribly crowded, I disliked the lack of an adult pool area, and I didn't like the light and noise from the Lanai hot tubs. I just got off the Navigator a week ago, and it was lovely. It was beautifully refurbished in January, the entertainment is excellent, and I never felt crowded. The only time there were a lot of people in the Promenade were for the big events, like the 70's Disco Street Party and the parade.

I have sailed carnival many times. I have sails RCCL mariner of the seas about 10 years ago. For anyone who has cruised both RCCL and CCL can you tell me why I should try RCCL again...

Considerations: RCCL more expensive, only 1 person has to purchase beverage program on RCCL, prefer easy access to food options by the pool on carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I have sailed about 15 times on Carnival and was happy with the product and had no intention of trying another line but we decided to try the Mariner OTS in June 2009 I think, Since then I have sailed RCL 15 times, Princess 2 times and Carnival 2 times.

I agree that RCL is often more expensive but I do think that RCL offer you more value for your $ also we are now D+ plus on RCL which offers us much more than the poor Platinum that Carnival has.

I have sailed about 15 times on Carnival and was happy with the product and had no intention of trying another line but we decided to try the Mariner OTS in June 2009 I think, Since then I have sailed RCL 15 times, Princess 2 times and Carnival 2 times.

I agree that RCL is often more expensive but I do think that RCL offer you more value for your $ also we are now D+ plus on RCL which offers us much more than the poor Platinum that Carnival has.

You get what you pay for.