Cocktail Prices on Princess?

martini cruiser

We'll be on the Caribbean Princess in December and I'm debating the purchase of the AIBC. I don't know current beverage prices but suspect prices have gone up since posted here in 2014 - alcohol and coffee. It seems that we would each need to drink 8 - 9 items a day to cover the package cost. Or buy a round or three to make the card a bargain ... I'd appreciate hearing experienced opinions. :D

I found the following 'drink evaluator' helpful when debating the AIBP for our recent Med cruise. In the end I went for it and DH didn't which worked out well for us. I became a regular at Crooner's (made it my mission to work my way through the martini menu[emoji6]), picked up a bottle of water on port days, I bought a couple of bottle s of wine at 40% discount which I shared with the DH and maybe an after dinner drinks (or2). DH mainly drank beer and took advantage of buy one get one for $1 Happy hour.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the martini lovers, [emoji483]Crooner's menu. Apologies for the picture quality. You can buy a special deck of playing cards from the Crooner's bartenders with all the martini recipes.

Can't remember seeing Chairman of the Board on the menu, but know they did it as recall someone regularly ordering them. d1e9d1fc0f3e89f20596740980453672.jpgc45280892acf8e99510338db09f811b0.jpg27bec1d6ea09a68174c7c2dab6e5bf17.jpgaa2e6c8edf6298eb61fffd1a17ff7755.jpg

For the martini lovers, [emoji483]Crooner's menu. Apologies for the picture quality. You can buy a special deck of playing cards from the Crooner's bartenders with all the martini recipes.

Can't remember seeing Chairman of the Board on the menu, but know they did it as recall someone regularly ordering them. d1e9d1fc0f3e89f20596740980453672.jpgc45280892acf8e99510338db09f811b0.jpg27bec1d6ea09a68174c7c2dab6e5bf17.jpgaa2e6c8edf6298eb61fffd1a17ff7755.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this!

I found the following 'drink evaluator' helpful when debating the AIBP for our recent Med cruise. In the end I went for it and DH didn't which worked out well for us. I became a regular at Crooner's (made it my mission to work my way through the martini menu[emoji6]), picked up a bottle of water on port days, I bought a couple of bottle s of wine at 40% discount which I shared with the DH and maybe an after dinner drinks (or2). DH mainly drank beer and took advantage of buy one get one for $1 Happy hour.

Brilliant, wellybeth! Just what I was looking for- thank you for posting the menus as well.

My only confusion is that I thought I read that all parties in the cabin must purchase the AIBP...true? And is there a policy regarding buying someone else a drink with your card? Even with the price increases I think I'd need to consume 7 beverages daily to equal the cost of the package...

Brilliant, wellybeth! Just what I was looking for- thank you for posting the menus as well.

My only confusion is that I thought I read that all parties in the cabin must purchase the AIBP...true? And is there a policy regarding buying someone else a drink with your card? Even with the price increases I think I'd need to consume 7 beverages daily to equal the cost of the package...

It does not have to be purchased by each person in a cabin. It started out that way but does not apply anymore.

The package is for the person who purchased it and has the sticker on their card. This is verified when a drink is ordered. You cannot get free drinks for other people. You would have to pay for them.

Check out post 205 on that thread for an updated spreadsheet.