Oasis Sailaway

smeck

All you Oasis cruisers out there which side of the ship is best for Sailaway?

Go all the way forward on the port side passenger corridor on deck 14. You will be able to go outside on top of the bridge wings. Easy to go to either port or starboard side once you are outside.

We went through the Solarium and out on the bow of the ship (right under the bridge). We had a great view for sail away. :)

How do you get to the bow by going through the solarium? I've been on this ship several times and, apparently, never found the connecting pathway.

OP, I like the port side sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. The folks in the condos at the breachway make it fun.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Neither - go aft. Head up to deck 16 and sailaway from the Wipe Out Bar. It's a great location with lots of space, a 180 degree view and when it's not cloudy, you'll get a nice sunset as a bonus.

The problem with the back of the ship is you don't get the full affect of the ship's horn when it blows.:)

We are struggling with where to go for sail away also. Last year we had a port balcony cabin and flew our banner from there tied to railing with bungee cords. This year we chose a starboard balcony, so we want to fly our banner somewhere port side for web cam viewing.

Not sure where the least crowded 'secret" balcony would be. Thinking aft might get longer exposure.

Which decks port, forward, and aft are there "secret balconies? I know 14 forward but usually looks crowded for sail away.

Edited by Brandonclan

We are struggling with where to go for sail away also. Last year we had a port balcony cabin and flew our banner from there tied to railing with bungee cords. This year we chose a starboard balcony, so we want to fly our banner somewhere port side for web cam viewing.

Not sure where the least crowded 'secret" balcony would be. Thinking aft might get longer exposure.

Which decks port, forward, and aft are there "secret balconies? I know 14 forward but usually looks crowded for sail away.

Only deck 14 forward. Decks 11, 12, and 14 both sides aft.

Edited by clarea

If you want to see all the nice houses (the one with the flowrider!) and get on the webcam then you should be on the Port Side.

We have a balcony on the starboard side but will be on the Port side for sailaway!

I apologize, but I am so confused! I just watched the Allure leave port. We are on the Port side and thought we would go to deck 12, "secret" deck for sail away, and our daughter can try to see us on the webcam (not til August - I know, I know already thinking about it:) It looks to me like we should be on the Starboard side as that is the side the webcam was on. See why i'm confused? Or maybe I have my sides mixed up? LOL:)

I apologize, but I am so confused! I just watched the Allure leave port. We are on the Port side and thought we would go to deck 12, "secret" deck for sail away, and our daughter can try to see us on the webcam (not til August - I know, I know already thinking about it:) It looks to me like we should be on the Starboard side as that is the side the webcam was on. See why i'm confused? Or maybe I have my sides mixed up? LOL:)

I have no idea why you are confused but if you want to be seen on the webcam then be on the port (left) side of the ship.

Standing on the ship, facing forward(bow), port is left, starboard is right. easy to remember...port has four letters and so does left! :)

The webcam is on the Port (left) side. If you want to be seen on the webcam you will definitely need to be somewhere on that side! The secret balcony on deck 12 will work. As long as you are on the port side!

Gotcha! I said to DH "you said we were on Port side!" He says "Oh sorry, I was confused;)" No wonder I've been confused all this time. He knew we were Starboard, he just said it wrong to me and I never had a reason to question him til now. Oh well, now I know:) Thanks!

And about what time does sailaway start and finish( go past the end of the channel), and when shall we tell the poor folks at home to watch the webcam?

It does not take long to leave the channel at Port Everglades. Maybe 10 minutes or so from the time the ship starts moving. Just text the folks at home as soon as you see movement away from the pier.

Agree with other posters, port side for sailaway but starboard side for all caribbean ports.

There are some secret decks, deck 14 forward port side - go to deck 14 port side of ship, walk all the way to the front of the cabin hallway and there is a glass door that takes you out to the "sun deck".

Also at the aft of decks 11, 12 and 14 - some instructions follow the cabin hallway on both sides (port for sailaway) and you will find a glass door and a small balcony.

It does not take long to leave the channel at Port Everglades. Maybe 10 minutes or so from the time the ship starts moving. Just text the folks at home as soon as you see movement away from the pier.

Thanks - was also wonndering if the ship usually leaves the port at the posted departure time, or typically early or later (wanted to eat in the 6pm MDR as a family, but the prospect of doing the webcam thing is temping).

Thanks - was also wonndering if the ship usually leaves the port at the posted departure time, or typically early or later (wanted to eat in the 6pm MDR as a family, but the prospect of doing the webcam thing is temping).

Our experience is that the ships typically leave very near the posted departure time.