Comedy Club

I have only been on the Allure. They have the same comedians all week. Do all Royal ships have the same setup, especially the Freedom of the Seas.

I know other cruise lines change their comedians during the week on a 7 day cruise and also have "G & R" rated versions of their act.

Also is the comedy club venue small on the Freedom. Do you need to make reservations?

Only on O class

Comedy club

Dark, intimate, a little gritty and totally side-splitting. At the adults-only Comedy Live, inspired by the clubs of Manhattan, guest comedians dole out the best type of medicine: big-time laughs, and a little heckling too. Find it on our Oasis-class ships

I have only been on the Allure. They have the same comedians all week. Do all Royal ships have the same setup, especially the Freedom of the Seas.

I know other cruise lines change their comedians during the week on a 7 day cruise and also have "G & R" rated versions of their act.

Also is the comedy club venue small on the Freedom. Do you need to make reservations?

On ships other than Oasis and Allure, there is usually at least one comedian, sometimes two, during the week, and they perform in the main theater. There will also be a late night "adult" performance by one of the comedians.

Can children attend the early comeday show? I know the late night version if for adults only but my grandson found the comedians funny and enjoyed the evening on another cruise line?

Can children attend the early comeday show? I know the late night version if for adults only but my grandson found the comedians funny and enjoyed the evening on another cruise line?

There is no restriction on children attending the comedy shows.

I reserved the comedy shows for my upcoming cruise in November. Reserved for my sister's cabin as well. She's travelling with her 2 sons. It would not allow me to book online for one of her sons who will be 16 during the cruise. It stated that he did not reach minimum age requirement for the show...

Is there any way to get him into the show as well as we were hoping to stick together as a group. I do remember on my last cruise one gentleman got up to leave with his (10? year old) daughter after the first couple lines were spoken :eek: so clearly minors were permitted to enter.

Anyone have experience with this?

When I booked our time for comedy show it would not let me include my grandsons a message came up saying must be 17 to attend. Is this enforced can they get in as we could not make reservations for them. We are on the Allure is the early evening show that adult and vulgar?

I have been in the comedy club on the Oasis of the Seas. I really enjoyed it. Hard to get reservations. I was on stand-by to get in. Will be on the Oasis again this November,

When I booked our time for comedy show it would not let me include my grandsons a message came up saying must be 17 to attend. Is this enforced can they get in as we could not make reservations for them. We are on the Allure is the early evening show that adult and vulgar?

Each Comedian is very different as to the content of their show. On Allure and Oasis they are pretty strict about the age limit when booking in advance. I'm sure that it depends on the comedian if they allow younger kids in that are in the stand-by line.

I think there is sometimes confusion between the Comedy Club (Oasis and Allure) and a regular comedy show in the main theater - headliner show.

The Comedy Club is definitely for adults, hence the age limit for making reservations. The two nightly shows are the same (perhaps a little different because of audience participation, but basically the same material.

The comedians in the main theater often do an "early" and "late" show. The late show is geared more towards adults, but in my opinion is still not as adult as the comedy club. The early show is usually more family oriented; however, as with all comedy shows there can be some jokes that may "go over the head" of younger children.

Main thing to remember is that the comedy club is for adults. Hope that helps.