Warm Chocolate Melting Cake???

Any idea why Royal doesn't offer this wonderful desert? Carnival has this and it's awesome!!! We are cruising on the FOS in June and was hoping warm melting chocolate melting cake could be an option.

Any idea why Royal doesn't offer this wonderful desert? Carnival has this and it's awesome!!! We are cruising on the FOS in June and was hoping warm melting chocolate melting cake could be an option.

I've had the unreliable chocolate melting cake on Carnival. Sometimes I've gotten it and it was like eating warm hershey's syrup. Someone forgot to cook it properly it seems.

Royal Caribbean has a warm flourless chocolate cake that is way better than any CMC I've had on Carnival. It's also soft but not a runny liquid.

Gina

Royal Caribbean has a warm flourless chocolate cake that is way better than any CMC I've had on Carnival. It's also soft but not a runny liquid.

Gina

RCCL's flourless cake is incredible!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival's WCMC is my favorite dessert in all of cruisng, hands down. It's true, you'll occasionally get one that wasn't prepared properly, but it takes very little effort to ask them to bring out another one. I don't mind that RCI doesn't have that same dessert (really, it's Carnival's thing...), but I wish RCI would improve their complimentary dessert selections overall. I've always viewed that as a weakness for RCI.

Carnival's WCMC is my favorite dessert in all of cruisng, hands down. It's true, you'll occasionally get one that wasn't prepared properly, but it takes very little effort to ask them to bring out another one. I don't mind that RCI doesn't have that same dessert (really, it's Carnival's thing...), but I wish RCI would improve their complimentary dessert selections overall. I've always viewed that as a weakness for RCI.

Obviously it is a matter of opinion. I've been on Carnival just 4 times and RCI too many times to admit and I still think RCI's desserts are far superior even with all the repetition I experience with the same ol' menus. And the sugar free options blow Carnival away. On Carnival I couldn't help but wonder how many different colors they could make a sugar free cake. RCI has real variety in that area although I admit to still missing the sugar free cream swan chantilly, or whatever it was called, to this day.

RCI even has great MDR lunch menu desserts. I admit to going without eating dessert often but that is easier to do if they don't put the menu in front of me.

Anyone who hasn't tried the polenta cake at lunch on RCI should order it next cruise.

I never send food back that isn't to my liking or prepared improperly. I just don't eat it that time. It's a perfect opportunity to cut back. It's not like I don't get enough to eat on a ship.

And for the record, I've only been on Celebrity once and I didn't like the menu at all and found most of the meat not to my liking.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

I've had the unreliable chocolate melting cake on Carnival. Sometimes I've gotten it and it was like eating warm hershey's syrup. Someone forgot to cook it properly it seems.

Gina

You have to request, fully cooked on carnival. They have it two ways. 50% of the dinner desserts are WCMC every night .

Edited by nhraformula00

And if you happen to get WCMC that is liquidity you make a hot fudge Sundae out of it.

I've had it both liquidity and cooked very good. If you like chocolate you should like it.

Good idea. Just order a bowl of vanilla ice cream and all is good. :D

Gina

they had it on the oasis in march of this year one night for desert. they call it something else and comes with a scoop of ice cream

Sounds like chocolate lava cake. Don't need to go on a cruise to find that in a restaurant.

I thought the same thing and then I looked it up on youtube and it looks like the only difference is this dessert is in a ramekin where as molten lava cakes are not. So yeah, it's Carnival's version of a lava cake.

Edited by Erik101

I've had Carnival's specialty cake when it was so liquid I had to eat most of it by spoon (If I were going to eat it). Other times there's been nothing "melting" about it. It's reliably inconsistent and I've been on 20+ Carnival cruises.

I think the reason they don't make it on RCL is… they are RCL and Carnival is Carnival. Like saying why doesn't Carnival have a climbing wall. They're different lines, have their own specialties (dining and other) and while there are many similarities there's no need for them to be identical (dining and other) IMHO.

There's a Chocolate Lava Cake I can get in the frozen section of my grocery store that's at least more consistent than the one on Carnival. When Carnival has it right, it's very very good. Other times it's really "meh."

Gina

Exactly Gina! I ate that too and complained about it on my Carni review. Absolutely raw! I mean uncooked not just melted chocolate.

RCCL has their version, they just call it something else. And its good, they even have the cream sauce to go with it.

Edited by BecciBoo

Both of these responses were to my saying it sounded like chocolate lava cake.

Nope, it's not the same.

I thought the same thing and then I looked it up on youtube and it looks like the only difference is this dessert is in a ramekin where as molten lava cakes are not. So yeah, it's Carnival's version of a lava cake.

Chocolate lava cake served in a ramekin is still chocolate lava cake. It's just single serve. :)

I also found a recipe going around online that is supposedly the carnival dessert, and it was pretty much the same as every chocolate lava cake recipe I found. Again, I have no idea if it's the real recipe, but the various places it was published stated it was (that's my disclaimer).

Personally, the only chocolate cake dessert that I would consider anything close to perfection is the flourless chocolate cake at Cafe Ponte here in Clearwater. It's not so much the cake itself as it is all the other flavors added to the dish, most especially the burnt caramel ice cream.

Edited by nolesrule

Ah, OK, I have to ask.

How do you know about the cake on Carnival when according to your signature, you've never cruised with them?

BTW, the raspberry ganache dessert served on one of RC's MDR lunch menus is right up there as a chocolate fix. Reminds me of Princess's Love Boat Dream before they dropped the chocolate intensity.

I have never figured out why so many people like this little cake from Carnival. I love Chocolate cakes. However, on any cruise line, I have never really found one in the MDR that was worth mentioning. Now, some of the specialty bake shops on the ships, where you have to buy the cake, are worth mentioning. Let's face it, the MDR is not the place for a "good" cake.