Now that savings certificates are gone

Does anyone have any experience booking now that they have done away with the savings certificates? I would usually choose a cruise based on those since my dates are flexible. Do you just call and tell them you are a C&A member and they give you an added discount on all cruises? Is it the same discount as with the certificates? I have my eye on a great corner aft balcony and I wouldn't mind a bit of an added discount.

Does anyone have any experience booking now that they have done away with the savings certificates? I would usually choose a cruise based on those since my dates are flexible. Do you just call and tell them you are a C&A member and they give you an added discount on all cruises? Is it the same discount as with the certificates? I have my eye on a great corner aft balcony and I wouldn't mind a bit of an added discount.

The discount is similar to the certificates in that they are only on certain cruises. You can see if there is a discount by logging in to Royal's website and checking prices. If there's a discount, you will see different prices from when you check prices when you are not logged in. I realize that this is inconvenient, but that is how Royal designed the new system. It would be nice if they provided a list of cruises with discounts, but so far that has not happened.

Edited by clarea

All discount amounts are different as well. You may find on one cruise that only 1 category has a discount applied to it while on another ship there may be 5 different categories with a discount.

You can also tell if there is a discount when you are logged in by clicking the summary of charges tab below the price. That will give you the price, taxes and fees as well as any discounts if applicable.

If you go to the C&A area and log in, you can see a link under NEW! C&A Society Exclusive Rates. The link takes you to cruises that have a Special Deal.

However, on the couple I tried the deal seems to be the same as the one you can get on their web site without logging in as a C&A Member!?? Maybe it is just not working right yet?

If you go to the C&A area and log in, you can see a link under NEW! C&A Society Exclusive Rates. The link takes you to cruises that have a Special Deal.

However, on the couple I tried the deal seems to be the same as the one you can get on their web site without logging in as a C&A Member!?? Maybe it is just not working right yet?

I just tried it after doing a search for some cruises out of Port Everglades earlier today. I got the same 7 cruises showing as I got from my earlier search. In other words, there were some cookies still active on my PC that affected the search for the cruises with C&A special rates. I guess I need to delete all cookies and login again in order to see the cruises with the special rates. Very frustrating. It would be much easier if they would simply put a link on the C&A page with a list of cruises with discounts. Similar to the weekly sales link.

What makes me laugh is I wasn't logged in and was checking prices for upcoming cruise to make sure price hadn't come down. Like I say I wasn't logged in, yet when I went to cost screen it gave $200 discount to first person. :confused::confused::confused:I am so confused:D

Oh and to add I did not have state of residence or any other factors entered just did as a dummy price.

Edited by Spurschick