Captain's Circle Still counting Sitmar Cruises ?

emum

Hi All,

Most of the posts regarding this topic are a few years old, so thought I'd ask to see if anyone has recent experience - does Princess still count Sitmar cruises towards Captain's Circle membership ? I sent an email asking Princess this question, and was advised to update my details on their website, but there is nowhere on the site that will allow me to do that (that I can see).

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Sally :)

It used to be that if you could prove that you had been on a Sitmar cruise they would give you credit. I had the picture with the captain from Circolo del Commandante which proved that I had been on at least two Sitmar cruises, and I got credit. However, that was a few years ago.

If you're a Captain's Circle member you might want to call them and see what can be done.

Thanks Fritz - was hoping to avoid a phone call, but I dare say it's going to be a convoluted process. If they count my Sitmar cruises, I would jump straight from blue to elite :eek:

Cheers,

Thanks Fritz - was hoping to avoid a phone call, but I dare say it's going to be a convoluted process. If they count my Sitmar cruises, I would jump straight from blue to elite :eek:

Cheers,

From what I can tell, you have to log in to MyPrincess, go to profile, find cruise history and there you can list your voyages on Sitmar. Don't bother with cruise line since it doesn't list Sitmar, but under cruise ships the Sitmar vessels are listed.

If you have that many cruises with Sitmar, they may want some kind of proof...

Hi All,

Most of the posts regarding this topic are a few years old, so thought I'd ask to see if anyone has recent experience - does Princess still count Sitmar cruises towards Captain's Circle membership ? I sent an email asking Princess this question, and was advised to update my details on their website, but there is nowhere on the site that will allow me to do that (that I can see).

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Under the My Princess site one can add cruise history that includes ships from Sitmar, including the one you sailed on.

If you cannot get to this site, with first cruise on Princess coming up, then the way to do this is call 1-800-Princess and ask for the Captain's Circle desk. We found them to be very helpful.

Yes, you can list past cruises, but I don't think you can get Captain's Circle credit for them online. It will take a phone call, and you'll have to send them some kind of proof of your Sitmar cruises.

Yes, you can list past cruises, but I don't think you can get Captain's Circle credit for them online. It will take a phone call, and you'll have to send them some kind of proof of your Sitmar cruises.

I just put in a trip on the Fairwind from 1987 and it gave me credit. I would imagine it gives 1 or 2 'goodwill' credits toward past cruises and after that it likely requires a phone call.

If you cannot get to this site, with first cruise on Princess coming up, then the way to do this is call 1-800-Princess and ask for the Captain's Circle desk. We found them to be very helpful.

That number will not work from Australia.

Thanks so much for the responses, everyone !

Yes, I forgot to add I'm in Australia. My first email to Princess was re-directed to their Captain's Club email address here in Oz, and the reply from them, but I still can't seem to access the necessary part of the page to update my cruise history. What's even stranger is that one of my children has had their Circle status updated to Gold (they've each done 2 P&O Australia cruises).

I guess a phone call is in order to sort it out.

Cheers,

Thanks so much for the responses, everyone !

Yes, I forgot to add I'm in Australia. My first email to Princess was re-directed to their Captain's Club email address here in Oz, and the reply from them, but I still can't seem to access the necessary part of the page to update my cruise history. What's even stranger is that one of my children has had their Circle status updated to Gold (they've each done 2 P&O Australia cruises).

I guess a phone call is in order to sort it out.

Cheers,

G'day Sally,

By looking at your passed cruises, am I right in assuming you have not cruised with Princess before. If that is the case, you will not be able to receive credits for pass cruisess on Sitmar until after your first Princess cruise.;)

Oh, the good old days of Sitmar.

We loved Sitmar! We took our first couple of cruises on the Fairwind and Fairsky, and they really spoiled us. When we took our first RCL cruise we were so disappointed when dinner was brought out already plated. Where were the waiters with the silver trays? Why weren't the servers wearing white gloves and serving with the spoon and fork in one hand?

On the other hand, I don't the days of having to use the blow dryer and curling irons in one big room because the electric outlets in the cabin couldn't handle them. Can you imagine passengers having to do that today??

We loved Sitmar! We took our first couple of cruises on the Fairwind and Fairsky, and they really spoiled us. When we took our first RCL cruise we were so disappointed when dinner was brought out already plated. Where were the waiters with the silver trays? Why weren't the servers wearing white gloves and serving with the spoon and fork in one hand?

On the other hand, I don't the days of having to use the blow dryer and curling irons in one big room because the electric outlets in the cabin couldn't handle them. Can you imagine passengers having to do that today??

We also loved and started on Sitmar - both ships. Yes, no electric outlets in the cabin. At the time we had one of the first "portable" beta movie recorders. You had to take the top and bottom unit with you (on a mini dollie) to shoot your videos AND you had to charge it every night. Every single time I plugged it in someone would come and unplug it. It's not like the anyone was using the plugs just someone coming along and unplugging them. I would go check about ever 30 minutes and without fail the place was empty and the charger was unplugged.

Yes the service was fabulous - but remember those cabins! We had a quad with a window. The meant 2 sets of bunk beds with a mini hallway to the small porthole. The memories were fabulous.

Edited by notentirelynormal

On our first Princess cruise 1 1/2 years ago, we were told we were Gold with 4 previous cruises. We knew about the 1984 Sitmar cruise; we have no idea what other lines Princess or P&O may have bought out and gave us credit for.

It was good for us; after one Princess cruise we were platinum.