Suggestions to NCL on how to enhance/improve cruise experirence

jmele999

Since NCL monitors this board, I thought that it might be a good idea to start a thread where people can post suggestions to either enhance or improve NCL and/or the cruise experience. We often critique/comment about things that we may not like about NCL, but often do not offer any suggestions on how to improve the product.

Here is my mine.

Better training for PCC regarding press releases, promotions and NCL ships.

I have had interactions with several PCCs who knew very little about NCL ships, press releases and other NCL-related activities. If the PCCs are there to help us with planning and booking our cruises, I would expect that they should be quite familiar with the product they are selling.

If you have a great PCC please disregard this message.

Looking forward to other suggestions.

NCL does about the best job out there in training it's PCC's and the TA's - it's up to the PCC to take it all in. As for where to tell them how you feel they can enhance - they have cards that they would love for you to fill out while on board -or asking to speak with an officer while on board. I would imagine this would be best as they really look forward to the guests experience, via the channels they provide. ;)

NCL does about the best job out there in training it's PCC's and the TA's - it's up to the PCC to take it all in. As for where to tell them how you feel they can enhance - they have cards that they would love for you to fill out while on board -or asking to speak with an officer while on board. I would imagine this would be best as they really look forward to the guests experience, via the channels they provide. ;)

Agreed. I think feedback is a great idea, but agree it would be better to use existing feedback channels. NCL shouldn't have to monitor an internet message board to receive feedback.

If I said it once I said it a thousand times

My PCC told me NCL does not offer the best prices when booking

He actually told me to look at a large travel website or one of those bulk retailers but I don't think I can say the name

He was right the cabin I was looking at was cheaper every where except NCL

I found that ludicrous

Shame on NCL

I definitely want to see the new menus from the Getaway rolled out fleet wide. I will not be at all happy if the quality is diminished on my next cruise because NCL did not roll out these menus to all of the ships! Edited - great idea about posting it here. We all know NCL does monitor this board.

Edited by SissasMomE

How exactly do you know that they do the best job out there? Does NCL have a program in place to evaluate their PCC? If they do, I am not aware of it.

Edited by jmele999

I personally found the MDR menus lacking and usually had a hard time finding something that appealled to me. The desserts could use some flavor too. I give them a plus for Blue Lagoon/O'Sheehan's, the buffet, outdoor deck BBQ, and Moderno though.

I am going to ignore the nay-sayers and stick with the OP: A Coffee Card available for purchase would be great. I wonder how much revenue they get from the Atrium Cafe? How much would their sale revenue increase with a coffee card with a set price for a set number of coffee drinks? Bottom line, I bet MANY more people would buy and net profit would increase. Worth a try, NCL?????

Also, in the pre-boarding suite area they could have sampling plates of the afternoon suite treats. You could then better decide and let the butler know what you would like to be delivered each afternoon. That as opposed to him figuring out mid-week what you were eating and just bring that. Sometimes people who are new to the suites have no idea what is available so don't ask. They could be to taste or just to view. They could have cards to fill in what you would like to be delivered, with your name and cabin, that could then be passed to the butler. This would 1) give you what you like/want 2) save NCL $ on less wasted food that is not eaten 3) truly enhance the suite experience 4) Increase your desire to tip the butler. Who wouldn't win in this situation???!!!

Edited by medicalma'am

I would love it if they offered a "photopass" option like they do at Disney. I hate that they print out all of those pictures, and then most get thrown away. I would love the option to pay one price, and get a CD of all my pictures. I think they had that option on my last cruise (April 2012 Epic), but I don't see it on any of the dailies that I've read through. It would also be great to have access to the pictures online when I get home and still have the option to buy them. Disney seems to find the photopass (now called memory maker) to be very lucrative...so NCL could make a lot of money with it as well.

Alternatively, I think they would sell more if they lowered the price for pictures.

I am going to ignore the nay-sayers and stick with the OP: A Coffee Card available for purchase would be great. I wonder how much revenue they get from the Atrium Cafe? How much would their sale revenue increase with a coffee card with a set price for a set number of coffee drinks? Bottom line' date=' I bet MANY more people would buy and net profit would increase. Worth a try, NCL?????

Also, in the pre-boarding suite area they could have sampling plates of the afternoon suite treats. You could then better decide and let the butler know what you would like to be delivered each afternoon. That as opposed to him figuring out mid-week what you were eating and just bring that. Sometimes people who are new to the suites have no idea what is available so don't ask. They could be to taste or just to view. They could have cards to fill in what you would like to be delivered, with your name and cabin, that could then be passed to the butler. This would 1) give you what you like/want 2) save NCL $ on less wasted food that is not eaten 3) truly enhance the suite experience 4) Increase your desire to tip the butler. Who wouldn't win in this situation???!!!

[/size']

Two excellent ideas!!!!!!!

If I said it once I said it a thousand times

My PCC told me NCL does not offer the best prices when booking

He actually told me to look at a large travel website or one of those bulk retailers but I don't think I can say the name

He was right the cabin I was looking at was cheaper every where except NCL

I found that ludicrous

Shame on NCL

This is normal Channel Management. If you produce a product and both sell it and also have other people sell it for you, undercutting them isn't good business practice. Plus, these retailers rebate part of their own commission in a competitive bid to obtain more traffic (volume vs. quality). The higher the discount, the less skin-in-the-game that the TA has.

Get rid of Pepsi and carry coke products like most other cruise lines do.

Please stick with Pepsi products, and don't try to emulate other cruiselines.

I am going to ignore the nay-sayers and stick with the OP: A Coffee Card available for purchase would be great. I wonder how much revenue they get from the Atrium Cafe? How much would their sale revenue increase with a coffee card with a set price for a set number of coffee drinks? Bottom line' date=' I bet MANY more people would buy and net profit would increase. Worth a try, NCL?????

[/size']

Excellent ideas.

So, while we know NCL monitors this board, the previous poster is right - they're going to look primarily to their comment cards when determining enhancements.

That being said, I think some of these enhancements are fabulous ideas, and if posted here, those of us who may not have been creative enough to think of the idea, can be sure to include it on comment cards when we sail. If these comments start showing up on a lot of feedback cards onboard as well, that's more likely to effect change and/or get NCL to notice - so I think this thread is extremely useful in that regard.

I am going to ignore the nay-sayers and stick with the OP: A Coffee Card available for purchase would be great. I wonder how much revenue they get from the Atrium Cafe? How much would their sale revenue increase with a coffee card with a set price for a set number of coffee drinks? Bottom line' date=' I bet MANY more people would buy and net profit would increase. Worth a try, NCL?????[/size']

I love this idea! I'm a huge coffee drinker, and I definitely would have paid for something like this.

wow, I am not sure I have any ideas except to improve the quality of room service. I don't care about the menu being limited, but the quality is really below par.

more juice choices at the buffet during breakfast.

As for lower prices via TAs and box stores: this should not happen> NCL is like RCI, they are what used to be referred to fair market pricing. Which means the pricing should be the same regardless where you book. If there are better prices outside of NCL it has to do with large blocks purchased by an agency to sell to the public like a group booking. That would be the reason and yes, we too do better using our agent.

Know it's not easy...but change up the entertainment. Keep the ones you have,,,,but change up the dialogue and joke lines. They are almost the same at every..... jokers wild... Battle of the cakes....the quest....etc etc.......and the shows seem to never change....World beat...Band on the Run....

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No way - I *LOVE* that they carry Pepsi! It's nice to have a cruiseline that offers the "other" option.

(Now I know I will get flamed by those that want only their choice available globally - lol)

I'd like to be able to prebook my comp meals. I booked on promotion and have 3 meals coming and can't book them online or else I have to pay.

Would also like to prebook spa services.

And maybe some people would like to be able to prebook the spa card or posh access instead of having to race the others for it.

How exactly do you know that they do the best job out there? Does NCL have a program in place to evaluate their PCC? If they do, I am not aware of it.

As a TA - I know they are the best out there in regards to training and educating. That's my opinion of course.

[/size']

Excellent idea ! ... Now what would you suggest NCL provide the rest of us Slugs who don't or can't afford a Suite. Now there's a sure winner eh ?:p