Is it worth it???

Trip Biatch

I called HAL to see if we could get a refund or OBC because the prices have dropped significantly for the verandahs (VA). They would not do that but did offer us a Neptune Suite for $1,100 extra OOP. However, they would take our Explorer 4 pkg. Essentially we would be getting a cost savings of $1,1,00 on the Neptune Suite for our sailing but then losing the Explore 4 and I would have to give up the thermal suite/whirlpool.

So, what do you think? Is the Neptune Suite worth it? Thank you kindly for your feedback.

[quote name='Trip Biatch']I called HAL to see if we could get a refund or OBC because the prices have dropped significantly for the verandahs (VA). They would not do that but did offer us a Neptune Suite for $1,100 extra OOP. However, they would take our Explorer 4 pkg. Essentially we would be getting a cost savings of $1,1,00 on the Neptune Suite for our sailing but then losing the Explore 4 and I would have to give up the thermal suite/whirlpool.

So, what do you think? Is the Neptune Suite worth it? Thank you kindly for your feedback.[/QUOTE]

What ship are we talking about? Is this $1100 per person or for both? Depending on which ship, the thermo suite is questionable.

[quote name='Trip Biatch'] However, they would take our Explorer 4 pkg. Essentially we would be getting a cost savings of $1,1,00 on the Neptune Suite for our sailing but then losing the Explore 4 and I would have to give up the thermal suite/whirlpool.
[/QUOTE]

How does the thermal suite / whirlpool factor in to the equation? Was it part of a promo?

[quote name='Trip Biatch']I called HAL to see if we could get a refund or OBC because the prices have dropped significantly for the verandahs (VA). They would not do that but did offer us a Neptune Suite for $1,100 extra OOP. However, they would take our Explorer 4 pkg. Essentially we would be getting a cost savings of $1,1,00 on the Neptune Suite for our sailing but then losing the Explore 4 and I would have to give up the thermal suite/whirlpool.

So, what do you think? Is the Neptune Suite worth it? Thank you kindly for your feedback.[/QUOTE]

Neptune suites are very nice. but..

we need some info to help. there are two different Explore4 packages - which one do you have (just tell us what type of cruise it is and we can figure it out)

how many days is your cruise?

What sailing are you doing?

Let us know and we can help but without some info it's really hard to give an opinion.

[quote name='Trip Biatch']

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="3"]That is a question only you two can answer. Just about the worst choice you could make would be to base your cruise on what I like.:D That said, Explore 4 is an option we would happily surrender simply because it doesn't offer anything we use.

The short answer is: "Take what you want and pay for it."[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred]Without more complete information it is hard to say, but I'll go out on a limb and say no. To give you a more competent answer, as Kazu said, we need to know how long a cruise this is, what ship, is that price per person, etc. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]JMO -- but I would take the Neptune Suite.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]But you certainly need to give us more information -- ship -- where cruising -- how long is the cruise, etc.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I can't figure out why you would have to give up the thermal suite?? [/SIZE][/FONT]

Thank you for all of the responses. We are taking an Alaskan cruise. The thermal suites would be a personal exchange to be able to budget the upgrade. The Signature Explore pkg would be taken away which I could give or take. We generally carry on our own water and soda anyways. We aren't big drinkers either. However, we do usually enjoy the drink of the day. The cost would be $1,100 more total for our party of 4.

Are all four of you in one cabin? Then I think the Neptune suite for that price would be worth it. Lots more room, bigger verandah, breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill, snacks in the lounge, free laundry and dry cleaning. I did the thermal suite recently on the Westerdam in the Caribbean and enjoyed it but in Alaska there is so much to see all the time, I'm not sure you'll use it that much.

Hope we are all helping???
St. Louis Sal

[quote name='Trip Biatch']Thank you for all of the responses. We are taking an Alaskan cruise. The thermal suites would be a personal exchange to be able to budget the upgrade. The Signature Explore pkg would be taken away which I could give or take. We generally carry on our own water and soda anyways. We aren't big drinkers either. However, we do usually enjoy the drink of the day. The cost would be $1,100 more total for our party of 4.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]WOW...Only $275 per person.. That is a nice saving.. Even we who have never been in a Neptune Suite, would grab that deal!

Please let us know if you were able to book it..[/SIZE]

If you were putting 4 in a basic verandah room but can now upgrade to a suite for the 4 of you for that cost, I would do it. But I like space.
But...that's also a lot of money that can be used for excursions in Alaska. And with 4, that really is a killer.

THink of what you can do with that money if not on the room, and then decide if it's "worth" it. No one can tell you the right answer.