Dive In Waiting Question for Experienced Hands

POA1

For those who have eaten at the new burger concept, The Dive In, do they give you an idea of how long your wait will be when you get your pager? I'm just curious.

With the old system (Terrace Grill) you had an idea of what the wait would be based on the number of people in front of you. Don't get me wrong, the idea of not having to stand in line is definitely appealing - especially when I'm in line with people who complain about the speed of the line. (Because whining *always* makes the line move faster. ;) )

No they did not give a time. Hotdogs and fry orders are pretty quick. Burgers and chicken take longer. Pretty much people scatter. We did not have many complainers. My burgers always came out medium not overdone and dry. Great concept.

Good to know, I usually just get some french fries on the first day. Glad that should go pretty quick, DH goes and gets them for me and he not really keen on waiting especially for french fries.:D:eek:

For those who have eaten at the new burger concept, The Dive In, do they give you an idea of how long your wait will be when you get your pager? I'm just curious.

With the old system (Terrace Grill) you had an idea of what the wait would be based on the number of people in front of you. Don't get me wrong, the idea of not having to stand in line is definitely appealing - especially when I'm in line with people who complain about the speed of the line. (Because whining *always* makes the line move faster. ;) )

Had it on the Maasdam and it seemed to be a wait of about 15 minutes most times. they didn't indicate - just gave you the gadget but that seemed to be the average. I did hear of a 30 minute wait at a peak time and in that scenario the person was advised (possibly because of the long wait).

No they did not give a time. Hotdogs and fry orders are pretty quick. Burgers and chicken take longer. Pretty much people scatter. We did not have many complainers. My burgers always came out medium not overdone and dry. Great concept.

I was very happy with it as well and you could custom it how you wanted it .

When we sat down at the cafe area poolside (late afternoon) we basically walked right up for hot dogs. Since the retreat cabanas also offer the Dive-In menu we ordered our lunches from Dive-In and the Lido; and waiting was just part of enjoying the cabana.

Dennis

Interesting responses on this. Our party ate 5 meals from the Dive In and each time were given a wait time by the attendant. The longest estimation was 30 minutes, the shortest was 10 minutes. These were generally correct and we never waited longer than the estimate.

You can get a feel for the wait by looking at how many pagers are missing from the charging stand, if you can see it. On the Maasdam, it was set on the window counter and easily seen.

You can get a feel for the wait by looking at how many pagers are missing from the charging stand, if you can see it. On the Maasdam, it was set on the window counter and easily seen.

Excellent tip.

No matter how long the wait ... the burgers where worth waiting for. Fries you can get with very little wait time... each burger is cooked when ordered .. no pre cooked ones. The beeper system worked well. This was the Maasdam Feb 7 2014. cruise. Dive in came along a few days after we set sail. Good burgers and fries ... an improvement in my opinion.