Is Aruba a very nice port?

rosenc1c

We are looking at the RCC Adventure of the Seas vs RCC Jewel of the Seas for spring of 2015. The Adventure stops in St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba and Curacao. Aruba and Curacao are both places I've wanted to go; however, when I look at pictures of Aruba online, it doesn't really blow me away. It looks very dry and desert like, but the water looks beautiful. So I wondered, how nice of a port is Aruba, when compared to other Southern Caribbean ports?

The Jewel has St Maarten, Barbados, St Kitts, Tortola and Martinque. I realize this is an extremely subjective question, but would you rate Aruba above any of these ports? Scenic beauty is something that rates high on my list.

Edited by rosenc1c

I was so excited to visit Aruba! We booked an island tour, and to be very honest, I was so let down. :( I knew there was desert, and cactus, and rocks, and dust....but not like what I saw there. That said, we met people who went to the beach and loved it. So....next visit...we will skip any island tour and head straight to the beach. I hate to admit it, but Aruba was absolutely my least favourite island I have ever visited.

Aruba is a true desert island...it's not "lush and tropical"....it's very dry, gets little rain...Most Caribbean islands are mountainous, and get lots of rain...not true with Aruba, which is very flat...

It is a great beach day, tho....

This is definitely a beach or snorkel/sail tour kind of island, as far as we're concerned. There are a few pretty buildings in town, and rather commercial shopping if you're into that, but I think for most day (cruise ship) tourists, the beaches and water are the star attraction.

Aruba and Curacao are "sister" islands. They are semi-arid in climate.

You will NOT find lush tropical rain forests.

In Curacao you will find amazing underwater treasures.

In Aruba you will find some of the world's BEST beaches.

bcho.jpg

Want to go on vacation and not worry about being "rained out"? Aruba and Curacao are the place to be with less than 20 inches of rain per year.

How many places can you travel to that have perfect weather?