what happened to my specialty resturant reservation on RC website

i booked and pre paid for the italian resturant on the granduear of the seas sailing in a few days , now i look and see my reservation is gone. i pre paid and all so im concerned, no refund showing.. and it seems that within 4 days you can not rebook a restaurant online.

the weird thing is a pre purchased the soda package also and that is still showing , however the restaurant is like it never existed but they took the money. lucky i printed out the reservation and payment when i made it last month (i dont trust companies) any suggestions, is it just an online glitch or did they cancel my reservation and keep my money?

if anyone has experienced this ,thank you for any help

Edited by Harooni

It will have been noted on your reservation that it is not possible to access the whole booking within 3 days before sailing.

My cruise is on the 18th June. In the pre-cruise planner it states :

Reservations using our Pre-Cruise Planner will be available for your sailing up until 13-Jun-2014 11:59 PM EDT. If you are within the cut-off time, you will need to make your reservations onboard.

So you can see it is quite common for the booking to go through 'housekeeping' at this time.

so you are saying it is still there ,just that its not showing so close to the cruise?

however the soda package is showing, and the restaurant is missing from the itinerary calender and also from the ordered list. but again the soda package is there and still showing.

thanks for the response any help is appreciated just wanted to clarify why one would show but not the other on pre planner

Edited by Harooni

so you are saying it is still there ,just that its not showing so close to the cruise?

however the soda package is showing, and the restaurant is missing from the itinerary calender and also from the ordered list. but again the soda package is there and still showing.

thanks for the response any help is appreciated just wanted to clarify why one would show but not the other on pre planner

Take your receipts with you. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. The website is continually throwing up anomalies. Very soon the whole booking will not be accessible. If you are really concerned give them a call but honestly get on with packing.... you're heading out soon!! :D

Take your receipts with you. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. The website is continually throwing up anomalies. Very soon the whole booking will not be accessible. If you are really concerned give them a call but honestly get on with packing.... you're heading out soon!! :D

lol thanks i booked it a month ago , and i started packing then too ;)

its just so weird how it disappeared. i hope i didnt lose it because of their glitch and then its full and i cant rebook. that would leave a bad first impression for me and the 10 year old website they have. lol

Edited by Harooni

lol thanks i booked it a month ago , and i started packing then too ;)

its just so weird how it disappeared. i hope i didnt lose it because of their glitch and then its full and i cant rebook. that would leave a bad first impression for me and the 10 year old website they have. lol

It's not weird at all. It's the RCCL website. Those of us who have learnt to hate it welcome you. We do a shrug and make a slight growling noise. Whatever you do in the future please be aware that weekends are particularly appalling online. Fortunately the onboard experience is completely different. ;)

Yup I noticed the same thing today. We leave Saturday on Indy. I sent an email to RC to make sure they still have my reservation but haven't heard back yet. I have my confirmation email and receipt so I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about.

thank you all , i called them finally got through , and she said it wasnt showing up in her system either ,only the soda package, but when she went to the history she saw i booked and paid for it, and then put me on hold for 10 min and said i was indeed on Giovanni reservation.

however as a first time sailing with them i must say its a little nerve racking dealing with their website, and your pre-plans disappear. this should be fixed asap by the IT techs. it can turn people off pre booking things.

Edited by Harooni

Many parts of reservations go away a couple days before sailing...perfectly normal...which is why you need to print your setsail pass 3 days prior...or earlier. Otherwise you cannot print it.

Yes it is a pain in the rear. They need to hire some 12 year old people for their IT department....trust us...it is perfectly normal. Ridiculous yes but sadly...Royal's IT dept and website are beyond horrible...

Sent from my Galaxy S3, somewhere in the galaxy

Many parts of reservations go away a couple days before sailing...perfectly normal...which is why you need to print your setsail pass 3 days prior...or earlier. Otherwise you cannot print it.

Yes it is a pain in the rear. They need to hire some 12 year old people for their IT department....trust us...it is perfectly normal. Ridiculous yes but sadly...Royal's IT dept and website are beyond horrible...

Sent from my Galaxy S3, somewhere in the galaxy

thanks for the reply it is fustrating and a little worrying , but imo its not "normal" for some reservations to disappear and some to stay that have been bought and paid for before the 3 day cut off. I think maybe many are used to it so it seems the norm , lol

My wine tasting res disappeared but the shore excursion res is still there. We sail on Saturday. I'm thinking it has to do with specialty dining that they don't want you changing anything so close to sailing.

I will take my confirmation.

is anyone else experiencing a problem on the RC website as far as booked reservations that have vanished?

I'm on the Grandeur on May 2, and I can't access ANYTHING in that part of the site. I can't see reservations I've made, I can't make new ones… nothing. :(

I'm on the Grandeur on May 2, and I can't access ANYTHING in that part of the site. I can't see reservations I've made, I can't make new ones… nothing. :(

what the heck is going on??? they need to fix this , it will stop people from pre planning if there is no conformation on the site or it later disappears.

:mad:

i see others are having the same issue, i dont see how blocking further reservations or changes ,means the whole order and reservations you already had totally disappears.

We went through the same thing on our Allure sailing a few weeks ago. We made 2 reservations for 3 specialty dining restaurants, but only 1 person showed up for 1 restaurant. Spent almost a month trying to resolve and finally got to last week and told them I needed something to ensure I had these. Same story..they charged us, but our purchase history didn't show it. It showed on our calendar, but nothing else. They assured me all was well and gave me $50 OBC for my trouble. When we got on board, we confirmed that we did have the reservations. Very frustrating however, as we got different stories every time we3 called in. Take your receipts, email confirmations and credit card proof just in case.

We went through the same thing on our Allure sailing a few weeks ago. We made 2 reservations for 3 specialty dining restaurants, but only 1 person showed up for 1 restaurant. Spent almost a month trying to resolve and finally got to last week and told them I needed something to ensure I had these. Same story..they charged us, but our purchase history didn't show it. It showed on our calendar, but nothing else. They assured me all was well and gave me $50 OBC for my trouble. When we got on board, we confirmed that we did have the reservations. Very frustrating however, as we got different stories every time we3 called in. Take your receipts, email confirmations and credit card proof just in case.

thanks for the feedback , what a hassle just to make sure you have reservations booked. geez better off not pre paying then. if i didnt print them out at time of purchase i would have no proof that is what gets me. crazy

so now the whole reservation is gone as we leave tomorrow, ill chaulk it up to poor website and not panic i guess

Yes, it's normal for the reservation to disappear from the website a day or so before the cruise.

so now the whole reservation is gone as we leave tomorrow, ill chaulk it up to poor website and not panic i guess
Ours disappeared the day before we left too. I had given it one more look to see if it had finally cleared. I'm sure it will be there when you get on board. If you go to one of the specialty restaurants to confirm your reservation, they can see all of them at that time. You don't need to go to each restaurant to confirm.