Not much left on Celebrity 'classic' package

Wow thanks so much that is very kind of you. Hampshire eh you must have lived close to us although I have never seen rocket fuel on sale here hehe:)

Yeah...6 years at Whitehill

Local supermarket (Sainsburys ???) had a range of "wines" from the continent... a lot of French rubbish...and the infamous Bulgarian Red :eek:

Odd Bins at Alton became a favourite...they stocked good Aussie wines.

cheers

With the wines they are now categorised into:

a. Social Hours Wines....whatever that means

As that list is talking about what is included in the package, I believe the above is talking about wines sold during their promotional periods (like happy hour). At that time, they have drinks reduced in price, so when the wine is at that lower price, it is eligible for the Classic package.

Hi Pam

I am going to have to update the spreadsheet.... as from 5 May Celebrity made quite a few changes which effectively moved a number of the drinks from Classic to Premium. (No coincidence that this coincided with the expiry of the Pick your Perk promo.)

Cheers

Flipper133, Thank you for updating your spreadsheet. Since you were so kind to post your original spreadsheet on my 21 December Solstice cruise I've went and updated the link to your drinks spreadsheet on the roll call.

Take care

As that list is talking about what is included in the package, I believe the above is talking about wines sold during their promotional periods (like happy hour). At that time, they have drinks reduced in price, so when the wine is at that lower price, it is eligible for the Classic package.

That's what I thought initially... however on checking out these 4 wines I found that they all retail for less that US$8 per bottle, so not exactly "top shelf". There are wines included in the Classic Package that retail for more.

So I remain a little confused.

No worries....as I have indicated elsewhere I will be satisfied with whatever goes.... I have quenched my thirst on things such as "Bulgarian Red" (which I used to quaff in UK) to some 92 point Halliday stuff in Oz.

You do get spoilt in Australia.

cheers

Goodness the celebrity fanbois don't like negative comments about their cruiseline, do they!

Oh, I think the Celebrity fanbois are actually pretty reasonable.

Unfortunately there have been some 'new arrivals' over the past year who are just very argumentative, have a lot of time and want to have the last word.

You'll note some of the Celebrity supporters actually knock down that last group. They're not doing anyone any favours with their approach.

Hi guys going on solstice for the first time in oct and where really looking forward to the cocktails... Are you saying pretty much none are included in the classic package anymore??

Could anyone supply and idea of what cocktails are available in the classic vs premium packages please

We went with the pick your perk promo with the understanding lots where included?

Thanks so much

Wiscona

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi guys going on solstice for the first time in oct and where really looking forward to the cocktails... Are you saying pretty much none are included in the classic package anymore??

Could anyone supply and idea of what cocktails are available in the classic vs premium packages please

We went with the pick your perk promo with the understanding lots where included?

Thanks so much

Wiscona

Welcome to Cruise critic Wiscona, that is the main prize if someone can get a current actual fully comprehensive list of what exactly is included in the classic package. there just seems to be so many conflicting reports about what is in and what is not. Enjoy your cruise, you will love the Solstice.:D

Thanks mic for the reply!! Maybe I should just upgrade!!! Do you know the cost variance to upgrade?

Cheers ( hopefully if we get the right package )

Wiscona

Thanks mic for the reply!! Maybe I should just upgrade!!! Do you know the cost variance to upgrade?

Cheers ( hopefully if we get the right package )

Wiscona

I would hold off unless you really know what you want is not included. The upgrade was $11.50 per day ( I don't know if this has changed). You can upgrade once on board so I suggest you wait until then. Another advantage is when upgrading on board, you can upgrade just the one person, while booking before both people in the cabin must upgrade.:D

Cocktails were never widely included in the Classic package; they were the main thing not included. There were some included e.g. the drink of the day, and a couple of other ones, plus the simple classics. However, all the fancies and the special line ones advertised you needed to have the premium package to get.

Thus, if you're wanting to try a variety of cocktails, the best thing to do would be to upgrade. Most will then be included, and the ones that aren't you'd only need to pay the few dollars extra for. If you stay on classic, most are excluded, and you'd have to pay full price for any others.

I'm probably looking at upgrading but will wait until everything is clarified. On our Liberty of the Seas trip 2 years ago RCL screwed up our credit card using the wrong name and every night at dinner and for onboard shopping we would have to go to guest services. On a holiday that was not good enough. RCL blamed our credit card but when we got home I called the CC and they said they had not refused any transaction. I think there is something fundamentally wrong with RCL's accounting area and don't want anything like this to happen again.

We don't drink martinis but we do like nice wine and beer which were previously covered with the classic package. At the moment they are now too expensive. :(

Edited by Pushka

I'm probably looking at upgrading but will wait until everything is clarified. On our Liberty of the Seas trip 2 years ago RCL screwed up our credit card using the wrong name and every night at dinner and for onboard shopping we would have to go to guest services. On a holiday that was not good enough. RCL blamed our credit card but when we got home I called the CC and they said they had not refused any transaction. I think there is something fundamentally wrong with RCL's accounting area and don't want anything like this to happen again.

We don't drink martinis but we do like nice wine and beer which were previously covered with the classic package. At the moment they are now too expensive. :(

According to some reports the beers that were included still will be, as for the wines that is anyones guess and taste can be subjective.

E.g. I didn't mind the Pinot Grigio that the package included but a table mate didn't., I don't know if it is still included as it is now listed at $10.50.:(

On RCI earlier this year we had a package and if a drink was $15 but our package only included drinks to the value of $12, we only had to pay the $3 difference. Is this the same with Celebrity?

Only if you have the premium package, with the classic you have to pay the total price.:D

I'm probably looking at upgrading but will wait until everything is clarified. On our Liberty of the Seas trip 2 years ago RCL screwed up our credit card using the wrong name and every night at dinner and for onboard shopping we would have to go to guest services. On a holiday that was not good enough. RCL blamed our credit card but when we got home I called the CC and they said they had not refused any transaction.

It's something they should have fixed onboard. The onboard accounts is controlled on the ship. If there's something happening as you use it, that's controlled onboard, not due to external authorisations which are done nightly.

I know some people have issues with Guest services, but I've been fortunate to have good experiences with Celebrity's. Hope you have the same.

They tried. We were actually taken back behind the guest services desk. One night they promised it had been fixed. Five minutes later we went to the tat sale and tried to purchase a tie and bangle. You guessed it. Refused. Back to guest services. We were given a free cocktail while they tried to fix it. By the time we got back to the room there was sparkling wine and choc strawberries. This was on day 6 of our nightly issue. But you know, it would have been much better if we didn't have the angst at dinner time if wondering what would happen. Fingers crossed this time. Once the current issue is sorted. Celebrity are very much aware btw.

Thanks so much

Wiscona

Hi Wiscona

This list for cocktails included in classic package was posted by someone onboard Eclipse 12 May. Hope it helps

http://tapatalk.com/tapatalk_image.php?img=aHR0cDovL2ltZy50YXBhdGFsay5jb20vZC8xNC8wNS8xMy9vcmlnaW5hbC9lNHUyYTR5dC5qcGc%3D

Edited by Pean

The list of beers and spirits has now been posted by Celebrity. Spirits list back to original. Wines up to $9. Beer list a little lighter and Coronas gone but Heineken back.

I hope this works but below is the link to what is included in the updated classic package. This was supplied by Celebrity Cruises

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=312971&d=1400287844

Thanks for posting the lists.

I really don't know why they couldn't be more proactive rather than reactive. All this conjecture and fuss for the last week or so when it could have been mostly avoided.:D

Thanks for posting the lists.

I really don't know why they couldn't be more proactive rather than reactive. All this conjecture and fuss for the last week or so when it could have been mostly avoided.:D

Oh and my wife is very happy as thankfully Baileys is in the list.:D