Shoes in MDR

bigmommairb

This is kind of a silly question, but one that has been bothering me for a while. I know that flip-flops in the MDR are considered a no-no, but what about for ladies? I'm not talking about the cheapie dollar store flip-flops. But what about dressy flats that have the flip-flop style? What about on elegant night? I have dressy dress, but because I'm very tall, and will be holding a baby, I prefer to wear flats. ..... Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can get away with pretty much anything on Carnival. Just don't show up naked! :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is kind of a silly question, but one that has been bothering me for a while. I know that flip-flops in the MDR are considered a no-no, but what about for ladies? I'm not talking about the cheapie dollar store flip-flops. But what about dressy flats that have the flip-flop style? What about on elegant night? I have dressy dress, but because I'm very tall, and will be holding a baby, I prefer to wear flats. ..... Thoughts??

Perfectly fine....At nearly 6 ft that is what my DD does as well.

Next cruise I will have to be a foot checker, never did that before

I don't think I would really notice unless someone were barefoot. I don't pay attention to shoes.

OP - I think what you described is perfect for any night. When looking for sandals even in a very large shoe store there aren't all that many that aren't in a thong type style.

My wife was stopped at the door and told never to return....no just kidding she worn the kind you are describing every night but one and nothing was said. Have fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wore my Yellow Box flipflops every night. Some had bling on them, one pair was silver and black and matched my dress perfectly, and a couple pairs were just solid color. All were perfect for MDR, steakhouse, or wherever on the cruise.

I was so stressed about shoes before I went and decided I would not worry about what someone else thought of my shoes. I needed to be comfortable!

Shoe restrictions have nothing to do with fashion statements; it has to do with safety. Are the flat stable to keep you from slipping on the "marble" type floors should they get wet?

Many people also mistakenly wear flip flops around the pool, and you see more people going down when they hit those wet floor areas.

Some shoes just don't belong on a cruise ship. The lines try to tell that to their passengers for safety sake, but some think they know better.

Shoe restrictions have nothing to do with fashion statements; it has to do with safety. Are the flat stable to keep you from slipping on the "marble" type floors should they get wet?

Many people also mistakenly wear flip flops around the pool, and you see more people going down when they hit those wet floor areas.

Some shoes just don't belong on a cruise ship. The lines try to tell that to their passengers for safety sake, but some think they know better.

So should I wear sneakers with my gown on elegant night?

So should I wear sneakers with my gown on elegant night?

If you have to for health/safety reasons. I can't wear anything with heels anymore. I also can't wear anything with no support, so most sandals, flats, and ladies dress shoes are out.

if you are concerned, you can wear floor length blue jeans( be sure they have lots of holes in them to distract anyone from looking at your feet, or wrap your Carnival beach towel around your waist, (low) and throw some sparkles on it to add bling. Or find someone else going into the MRD and complain about their attire and while the Maitre D' is inspecting that person slip on by. Or, do not worry, there are no dress codes anymore.

Enjoy, worry not!!!!

Edited by TEXASMUNK

It sounds like you are talking about the open-back sandal type shoes and not the plastic, dollar store brand. You will be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

If you have to for health/safety reasons. I can't wear anything with heels anymore. I also can't wear anything with no support, so most sandals, flats, and ladies dress shoes are out.

That's a random comment. I wasn't saying anything about health reasons, I'm perfectly healthy thank you very much. I asked because people on this thread were saying you shouldn't wear certain shoes around the ship because you might fall. I'm pretty sure high heels aren't the safest shoe, so I guess I'll wear my sneakers with my floor length gown (yes, gown!) on elegant night so I can be safe. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's a random comment. I wasn't saying anything about health reasons, I'm perfectly healthy thank you very much. I asked because people on this thread were saying you shouldn't wear certain shoes around the ship because you might fall. I'm pretty sure high heels aren't the safest shoe, so I guess I'll wear my sneakers with my floor length gown (yes, gown!) on elegant night so I can be safe. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wasn't insinuating that you had any problems. I was trying to tell you that it's perfectly acceptable if you feel the need, and relaying my issues for reference. Stop reading between lines that aren't there and chill out.

I'm really not sure why a good portion of people on this board are so quick to jump to conclusions and get defensive over nothing. It's truly baffling to me that adults act this way.