upgrade to M6 on Getaway?

mnh

Thoughts on spending and an extra $320 ( total for 2 people) to upgrade from an angled balcony to a large balcony mini suite?

I know that approximately 2/3 of the M6 balcony is exposed....I am wondering about deck 8 versus deck 13....I do spend a lot of time on the balcony....

Thoughts on spending and an extra $320 ( total for 2 people) to upgrade from an angled balcony to a large balcony mini suite?

I know that approximately 2/3 of the M6 balcony is exposed....I am wondering about deck 8 versus deck 13....I do spend a lot of time on the balcony....

The angled is good, but the M6 is great.

Edited by mizlorinj

Go for the B6, if they are still available. They are large balcony cabins on Deck 9 forward. The M6s seem to have problems with cigarette butts landing on them.

Go for the B6, if they are still available. They are large balcony cabins on Deck 9 forward. The M6s seem to have problems with cigarette butts landing on them.

Where did you hear that? I've seen speculation of that but have never heard it from anyone who stayed in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wanted to be port side so I could see the fireworks from my balcony....no port side B6 available, so I did go ahead and upgrade myself and gd to a M6...cabin 8118....I think it will be good....I like the bathroom better!

Hope I don't regret it.....

We had 3 cabins in a row ...M6. AMAZING.

Cigarette butts? No..I don't know where you got that from...ridiculous.

Not only are the balconies 3X larger, but the bathrooms are bigger and better. Double sinks and a shower that 4 people can fit in.

Loved being on deck 8 also, because all of the restaurants are right around the corner. No fighting to get on the elevator to go to dinner.

We had cabins 8716...8718....8720 All beds were by the balcony...not the closets.

We were in an M6 in February and saw no cigarette butts nor anything else dropped from above. I have seen the 2/3 exposed comment before, and I am not sure it is accurate. Those balconies are really deep, and believe me there is plenty of room to get yourself completely under the overhang. Kind of nice actually, as sun lovers can be forward in the sun and shade lovers can be in the shade at the same time. Every time we were at our balcony rail and looked up we seldom saw anyone up there. (And by the way, we can see YOU up there, too ). Not sure who these people are who supposedly have nothing better to do than to stand at their rail and wait breathlessly to catch a glimpse of a 65 year old woman sitting in a chair reading.:rolleyes:. You are 100% exposed on the pool deck, but no one complains about that!

Another nice feature of the M6 is the bathroom with dual sinks and shower with 6 body jets plus rain shower. The location can't be beat. Very quiet, yet close to all the mid ship action. The doors at the end of the halls take you right out onto the Waterfront. It was the least amount of walking I have ever done on a cruise.

We had cabins 8716...8718....8720 All beds were by the balcony...not the closets.

Just verifying that 8718's bed was by balcony, because the decks plans do not indicate that location. Another poster indicated a few cabin bed locations were not as expected. I'm debating keeping track of these anomalies.

The detailed room description available during booking process does indicate bed by balcony though.

Of course it also says "Second bathroom with Shower." :D

So have others found the bed location a surprise in other cabins on the BA or GA?

ETA; OK of the 15 M6 cabins that came up, all of them say bed by balcony. Do these M6's even have those offset walls? Perhaps all the beds in the M6's are by the balcony. If so perhaps all the mini suites are too? ? ?

Thanks

Edited by bear3412

Just verifying that 8718's bed was by balcony, because the decks plans do not indicate that location. Another poster indicated a few cabin bed locations were not as expected. I'm debating keeping track of these anomalies.

The detailed room description available during booking process does indicate bed by balcony though.

Of course it also says "Second bathroom with Shower." :D

So have others found the bed location a surprise in other cabins on the BA or GA?

Thanks

We had 8728 on the Getaway, and bed was by balcony as shown on the plan.

It appears that 8718s bed should be by the closet, but maybe the plan is wrong.

8118, according to the plan has the bed by the balcony.

Edited by punkincc

We are in an M6 cabin on our upcoming cruise. I was thinking if calling in and checking whether any upgrades to suites are available. Should I do that ? Based on the posts it seems that M6 is a great cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where did you hear that? I've seen speculation of that but have never heard it from anyone who stayed in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just got off the ship in a B6. I could see them on the balconies below us.

Edited by SissasMomE

Not only are the balconies 3X larger, but the bathrooms are bigger and better. Double sinks and a shower that 4 people can fit in.

Loved being on deck 8 also, because all of the restaurants are right around the corner. No fighting to get on the elevator to go to dinner.

Ridiculous? LOL :rolleyes:

I wanted to be port side so I could see the fireworks from my balcony....no port side B6 available, so I did go ahead and upgrade myself and gd to a M6...cabin 8118....I think it will be good....I like the bathroom better!

Hope I don't regret it.....

I'm sure you'll be fine.

We were in an M6 in February and saw no cigarette butts nor anything else dropped from above. I have seen the 2/3 exposed comment before, and I am not sure it is accurate. Those balconies are really deep, and believe me there is plenty of room to get yourself completely under the overhang. Kind of nice actually, as sun lovers can be forward in the sun and shade lovers can be in the shade at the same time. Every time we were at our balcony rail and looked up we seldom saw anyone up there. (And by the way, we can see YOU up there, too ). Not sure who these people are who supposedly have nothing better to do than to stand at their rail and wait breathlessly to catch a glimpse of a 65 year old woman sitting in a chair reading.:rolleyes:. You are 100% exposed on the pool deck, but no one complains about that!

Another nice feature of the M6 is the bathroom with dual sinks and shower with 6 body jets plus rain shower. The location can't be beat. Very quiet, yet close to all the mid ship action. The doors at the end of the halls take you right out onto the Waterfront. It was the least amount of walking I have ever done on a cruise.

It never bothered us being "exposed". We had the best of both worlds - sun and shade. As for others around us, we pretty much made friends with all of the neighboring cabins on day 1, so whenever we were out at the same time, we had nice conversations.

The M6 below us would just brush the butts off his deck and table. It didn't seem to bother him. The one 2 doors down though - he didn't like it at all. They were crushed out cigarettes. There were probably blown from someone's ashtray, and opposed to just being thrown over.

• 3 weeks later...

Curious if they allowed you to open the balcony dividers or if you asked. We have two M6 cabins booked side by side & thought it would be great if they allowed it maybe while in port. I know opening the dividers can be a touchy subject - I have no intentions at all of trying to open myself & will not be upset if it is not allowed.

Yeah we are on deck 8 in 3 weeks. I booked it to help my nlaws. They are so slow and the amount of walking on the ship has me concerned.

Edited by Jenjer

We are in an M6 cabin on our upcoming cruise. I was thinking if calling in and checking whether any upgrades to suites are available. Should I do that ? Based on the posts it seems that M6 is a great cabin.

I would check the site to see if any suites are still available. More than likely the would first offer you a Spa mini suite and you would lose the big balcony but gain spa perks. The cheapest suite is the S9 (Haven Spa suite) and even then you would lose balcony space (those are on 54 feet) but then not only would you gain spa access but also Haven access. The haven balconies are the same size as standard balconies so unless they offer you an aft or Owner's suite your just getting a slightly bigger cabin with a smaller balcony and Haven access. The only reason I would think of upgrading is to a S9 and for $500 more than what I am paying!

Yeah we are on deck 8 in 3 weeks. I booked it to help my nlaws. They are so slow and the amount of walking on the ship has me concerned.

What cabin are you in? Starting from the stair/elevator lobby area going forward, the M6 mini suites are the farthest down the hall toward the front of the ship. It could seem like a very long walk for someone with a walking impairment. The balcony cabins are closest to the elevator/stairs and would be a shorter walk. There is a nice seating area there next to the doors which go out onto the Waterfront area. We often used that area as a place to sit and wait to meet up with others in our group. You might want to bring a collapsible wheelchair to zip from point A to point B.

Edited by punkincc

• 1 month later...
It never bothered us being "exposed". We had the best of both worlds - sun and shade. As for others around us, we pretty much made friends with all of the neighboring cabins on day 1, so whenever we were out at the same time, we had nice conversations.

The M6 below us would just brush the butts off his deck and table. It didn't seem to bother him. The one 2 doors down though - he didn't like it at all. They were crushed out cigarettes. There were probably blown from someone's ashtray, and opposed to just being thrown over.

Never mind, not worth it

On my 5/2 Cruise, I booked 8718 And the inside around the corner for the kids 8419, because as a previous poster said it is right there in the heart of the ship no problem getting around for dinners and waiting for elevators, plus it is not a bad stairway climb to anything we need to reach at night.

And since we have 4 people the balcony is going to be great to hang out on.

When I'm onboard I'm going to try to bribe my steward to get me 2 lounge chairs for the balcony instead of the 2 regular chairs out there.:D:D

We just returned Sunday from staying in M6 cabins 8730 & 8732, you won't have to bribe, the balconies already had two loungers as well as two chairs! Really enjoyed our cabin - the bathroom was great, location great & of course the large balcony was awesome!

Edited by Taylor95

We just returned Sunday from staying in M6 cabins 8730 & 8732, you won't have to bribe, the balconies already had two loungers as well as two chairs! Really enjoyed our cabin - the bathroom was great, location great & of course the large balcony was awesome!

Thanks for the info, that is great to know.

How was your cruise? Was the bed by the balcony or closet in 8730?

How was your cruise? Was the bed by the balcony or closet in 8730?

My daughter & her friend stayed in 8730 & the bed was by the closet. My DH and I had room 8732 and bed was by the balcony. The cruise was great other than a little rain.