Brilliance of the Seas - 2 bedroom suite and aft cabins

amcb

We are booked in a two bedroom suite on Brilliance on deck 7 and also have 2 aft (stern) cabins on deck 7. I would very much appreciate it if anyone had any information they would share with respect to these cabins. My husband and I have had stern cabins previously (before the kids came along) and were excited that we were able to get one for each set of parents within 2 -3 cabins of our corner 2 bedroom.

Thanks in advance!

:) amcb

I have had aft cabins on this ship as well as Jewel. They are my favorite cabins. The balcony is great. There is both shade and sun and the wake is mesmerizing. I have had afts on other ships and they are not as good as the ones on this class of ship. By the way Brillance is my favorite ship you are going to love it.

I love aft cabins and choose them every time I'm able!

However, with several rooms' worth of people, I'm going to throw out another suggestion: I'd consider switching what you have for several adjacent balconies -- then once you're onboard, ask the cabin steward to open up the balconies for you. The result is that you have one looooong balcony, and you can walk from room to room without "going out in public". We LOVED this arrangement when we had multiple rooms.

The one negative about aft cabins: The balcony dividers cannot be opened.

Haven't sailed the Brilliance before but on Grandeur and Enchantment we have had side balcony rooms and JS on the side of the ships and the dividers could not be opened. We were disappointed that they did not open.

Not sure which ships can open the dividers and which cannot.

We also love the corner aft balcony rooms!

We are booked in a two bedroom suite on Brilliance on deck 7 and also have 2 aft (stern) cabins on deck 7. I would very much appreciate it if anyone had any information they would share with respect to these cabins. My husband and I have had stern cabins previously (before the kids came along) and were excited that we were able to get one for each set of parents within 2 -3 cabins of our corner 2 bedroom.

Thanks in advance!

:) amcb

We had the 2 bedroom aft suite on the Brilliance. We thoroughly enjoyed the cabin - 2 separate bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and living area. The only downside was the long walk from the elevators and the balcony had no outside light. They also have the metal balcony dividers, so they can't be opened.

Haven't sailed the Brilliance before but on Grandeur and Enchantment we have had side balcony rooms and JS on the side of the ships and the dividers could not be opened. We were disappointed that they did not open.

Not sure which ships can open the dividers and which cannot.

We also love the corner aft balcony rooms!

None of the Radiance class ships have dividers that can open. The first 3 Voyager class ships (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure) also have dividers that cannot be opened. Not sure about Vision class.

Just be aware that Brilliance does not have aft elevators. There are stairs.

If anyone in your party has mobility issues, you might want to consider mid-ship or forward cabins.

The stairs nearest the aft cabins are crew-only. The nearest stairs available to guests are amidships, near the elevators.

Wow! Thanks so much for all the feedback. We're looking forward to it very much! The ability to put the little ones to bed and still be able to stay up or go out on the balcony sounds awesome. And having both sets of grandparents nearby will be fantastic!

Check the deck plans.

Checked the deck plans. Those steps you see further aft are crew only. Brilliance is the only Radiance class ship we've not sailed yet (we have a total of 12 cruises on Radiance class ships so far, the most recent being Jewel this past January), 10 of those in an aft cabin. The deck plans are identical for Brilliance and Jewel, which I also checked. Those are not passenger staircases.

Edited by Miss Vickie

Checked the deck plans. Those steps you see further aft are crew only. Brilliance is the only Radiance class ship we've not sailed yet (we have a total of 12 cruises on Radiance class ships so far, the most recent being Jewel this past January), 10 of those in an aft cabin. The deck plans are identical for Brilliance and Jewel, which I also checked. Those are not passenger staircases.

Miss Vickie is correct. Those stairs are for crew. I've seen them myself on Brilliance behind a door marked for crew. We were in the deck 9 aft TS on Brilliance 5 weeks ago.