E cigs

parisbully

It's working well. Haven't given up cigs completely but down to 3 or 4 a day and the resting is vaping. Interestingly, I like the cinnamon flavor the best so far.

How much did you smoke before?

Links to your "studies"? No one knows the long term effects right now. That is why municipalities are lumping them in with cigarette bans. They just don't know. No one does. Not them. Not you. You may not like them, but you don't help your case by parroting hysterical talking points. All of these pending regulations are nothing but a smoke screen to cover an impending money grab, where onerous taxes will be placed on them. You know the govt can't stand to see money left on the table. It has nothing to do with health and safety. It's all about the money.[/

Couldn't agree with you more! All the disagreeing about them just makes me laugh and shake my head:rolleyes:

In the 30s and 40s doctors swore that cigarettes were safe. I guess we will just have to wait 10 or 20 years to actually find out about ecigs.

no one knows right now and they wont until people get sick or they dont in the future

if they see you use it when coming in for room service or if the steward knocks on the door. that would not be a privacy law and they have every right to impose the same fines as regular smoking. I understand it is not the same and more than likely not have any smell but their rules state that ecigs are handled exactly like regular cigarettes. It would be silly to impose the rule, I agree... but its WELL within their rights since its in the rules

When will people learn that there is no Fine? it is a hotel cleaning charge. Nothing to clean nothing to charge.

You cannot enforce an unenforceable policy! a steward will only act if there is presence of smoke or smoking in the cabin and cannot act on the "Possibility" of an ecig being used!

If you answered the cabin door to a steward the vapour would have already dissipated with no odour left.

I have vaped in cabin on 2 cruises and most cabin stewards would not even know what an e cig was let alone report you for its use but they all know the smell of tobacco smoke because not reporting that can lead to complaints from other cruisers and the cruisers who use the cabin next!

Most people who comment on e cigs and cruising have never seen one either, many others who have seen them or searched them have never been in close quarters to there use and are speculating on there use and effect in the presents of others because they only have experience with burning tobacco products to compare them to!

When will people learn that there is no Fine? it is a hotel cleaning charge. Nothing to clean nothing to charge.

You cannot enforce an unenforceable policy! a steward will only act if there is presence of smoke or smoking in the cabin and cannot act on the "Possibility" of an ecig being used!

If you answered the cabin door to a steward the vapour would have already dissipated with no odour left.

I have vaped in cabin on 2 cruises and most cabin stewards would not even know what an e cig was let alone report you for its use but they all know the smell of tobacco smoke because not reporting that can lead to complaints from other cruisers and the cruisers who use the cabin next!

Most people who comment on e cigs and cruising have never seen one either, many others who have seen them or searched them have never been in close quarters to there use and are speculating on there use and effect in the presents of others because they only have experience with burning tobacco products to compare them to!

im not debating this with you. I meant when they knocked, you had it in your hand or someone else did... caught 100% - not a 'possibility'

there can never be a resolution on this. This is all I can say

the policy is

Guests who smoke in their staterooms will be assessed a $250 cleaning and refreshing fee on their Sail & Sign account. Information on this fee is included in Carnival’s ticket contract.

It doesnt say if they need to or if its necessary. Since ecigs have the SAME rules... this applies as written.

I agree it would be stupid to actually fine someone but according to their rules if they CATCH you (ecig in hand using it) then they can enforce the above rule (as unlikely as it is).

Exactly

im not debating this with you. I meant when they knocked, you had it in your hand or someone else did... caught 100% - not a 'possibility'

the policy is

Guests who smoke in their staterooms will be assessed a $250 cleaning and refreshing fee on their Sail & Sign account. Information on this fee is included in Carnival’s ticket contract.

It doesnt say if they need to or if its necessary. Since ecigs have the SAME rules... this applies as written.

I agree it would be stupid to actually fine someone but according to their rules if they CATCH you (ecig in hand using it) then they can enforce the above rule (as unlikely as it is).

The cops can give you a ticket for doing 56 in a 55 too, but it's not likely. A room steward is not likely to almost surely lose a weeks worth of gratuities over something that just vanished into thin air and can't be seen, smelled or proven.

In the 30s and 40s doctors swore that cigarettes were safe. I guess we will just have to wait 10 or 20 years to actually find out about ecigs.

no one knows right now and they wont until people get sick or they dont in the future

Nobody even people who use e cigs profess they are "Safe" but they are much less dangerous than smoking to user and anyone else!

Isnt it better all round to have a safer alternative to a product that is "Known" to kill but allowed to be sold? An alternative that doesn't cause irritation to others,doesnt spoil the enjoyment of others and leaves no lingering smell?

I am not delusional enough to think Vaping is safe for me but the last year and a half my body has been thanking me for the switch.

Nobody even people who use e cigs profess they are "Safe" but they are much less dangerous than smoking to user and anyone else!

Isnt it better all round to have a safer alternative to a product that is "Known" to kill but allowed to be sold? An alternative that doesn't cause irritation to others,doesnt spoil the enjoyment of others and leaves no lingering smell?

I am not delusional enough to think Vaping is safe for me but the last year and a half my body has been thanking me for the switch.

I agree with this 100%

The cops can give you a ticket for doing 56 in a 55 too, but it's not likely. A room steward is not likely to almost surely lose a weeks worth of gratuities over something that just vanished into thin air and can't be seen, smelled or proven.

I agree... they CAN... but its extremely unlikely... thats all my point was.

It's working well. Haven't given up cigs completely but down to 3 or 4 a day and the resting is vaping. Interestingly, I like the cinnamon flavor the best so far.

I think I remember you saying you were getting Zero nicotine, if so you would be far better switching to 6mg nicotine and smoking Zero cigarettes;)

the policy is

Vaping isn't smoking. My fiance's e-cig doesn't even look anything like a cigarette. The tip doesn't glow red and it looks more an asthma inhaler. He used it all over Miracle with no complaints, comments, or sideways looks from anyone, with the exception of the theater, which we never went to. He wouldn't have used it there, if we had.

Vaping isn't smoking. My fiance's e-cig doesn't even look anything like a cigarette. The tip doesn't glow red and it looks more an asthma inhaler. He used it all over Miracle with no complaints, comments, or sideways looks from anyone, with the exception of the theater, which we never went to. He wouldn't have used it there, if we had.

rules of the ship is that Cigarettes and ecigs are treated the same. same rules applies. thats just what the ship rules are. I agree they are different but not in the eyes of Carnival at the moment.

Hmm, what might be a safe alternative... How about kicking the nicotine addiction completely and walking away?

JMHO, and I'll catch flak for it, but I see vaping as a crutch for those who can't walk away. (Exception being those under a doctor's cessation program using vaping in lieu of gum/patches/lozenges)

Hmm, what might be a safe alternative... How about kicking the nicotine addiction completely and walking away?

JMHO, and I'll catch flak for it, but I see vaping as a crutch for those who can't walk away. (Exception being those under a doctor's cessation program using vaping in lieu of gum/patches/lozenges)

no flak from me but i disagree. I think if people have the desire to quit a very addicting habit and ecigs can wean them off of cigarettes then its a very useful tool. Not everyone can just go cold turkey. There have been a lot of people who were able to quit because they used ecigs and gradually kicked the habit.

I think if people have the desire to quit a very addicting habit and ecigs can wean them off of cigarettes then its a very useful tool. Not everyone can just go cold turkey.

Note my mention of using ecigs as a part of a cessation program. I wonder slightly at the risk of remaining hooked on them though as compared to using nicotine gum, patches, or lozenges which also break the oral habit as well.

Edited by dd2355

rules of the ship is that Cigarettes and ecigs are treated the same. same rules applies. thats just what the ship rules are. I agree they are different but not in the eyes of Carnival at the moment.

Those may be the rules, but carnival wisely is not enforcing them.

Let's use some common sense here. It's flavor particles (the same kind of stuff in food), plus water vapor (not much different than what's in the air), plus possibility nicotine (which probably isn't great for you.)

It doesn't have any of the tar, charred residue or foul chemicals (other than possibly nicotine) that cigarettes have, so the claim that it's as harmful as cigarettes is simply too ludicrous to even entertain.

You can't really smell or detect it, and the amount of nicotine that gets expelled into the air is negligible. Probably less "harmful" chemicals to "second hand" users than any kind of machinery. The idea that this would be treated the same is cigarettes (I'm not a smoker or vaper) seems to be coming from a very intolerant sort of state of mind. Rationally, it wouldn't seem to do any harm to third parties, so why the fuss?

Because it isn't always about the nicotine addiction. I quit smoking cold-turkey over a year and a half ago after a cancer diagnosis. In the hospital on good drugs is a great way to quit. :D But to this day, when I cruise or go to Vegas, I crave a smoke when I have a few drinks. So on those occasions, and only then, I use my zero-nicotine ecig to keep me from relapsing. Voila. It works and I luckily never crave a cigarette except for those times. Yay me! :)

And just an FYI to my fellow ecig users, at the port of Long Beach, security is all over ecigs if they see them on the scanner. They pulled mine out of my purse and my husband's as well. They have to examine them closely now with the marijuana vaping stuff nowadays. Don't know if the other ports are the same, but figured I'd pass that along. Happy sailing, all! :)

Why should you cop flak:confused: some just cant walk away from nicotine and better a crutch than a hospital bed!

You dont need vaping to be in lieu of nicotine repayment therapy as it can be used the same as NRT and it has been proven that NRT is non effective in the long term so just as much of a crutch:)

I put all my ecig stuff in my carry on in a plastic bag so they can grab and inspect it. Certain "tanks" are used for the e-pot, not sure which ones, but I'm sure that security knows. It's funny, I knew it was a matter of time before somebody came up with that idea after seeing E-hookahs, cigars and pipes. That's just crazy but who am I to say.

Well it seem they "are" given the amount of vapours who have cruised and vaped without being challenged by either Carnival employees and the general cruising public!

The reason is because people who use e cigs do so for one ultimate reason, they no longer want to smoke!

Smokers who no longer want to smoke are the most courteous of smokers and those that have switched to vaping are just as courteous with vaping.

Too many people imagine e cig users as walking around blatantly trying to irritate non smokers in a non smoking area with a cigarette look a like devise which could not be further from the truth!

The rule as been added there not for or against the enjoyment of others but just to ensure e cig use is not confused with smoking tobacco in non smoking areas by smokers non smokers and staff!

In your cabin it has no effect on anyone!

Sorry I started this. I merely asked a very simple question. I do not smoke ANYTHING. Just curious. Don't care if people smoke or not. So please don't include me aka OP, in your discussion.

You just pushed one of the hottest buttons on this forum. I'm surprised you didn't burn your finger. Lol