Miami Hotel

jack300s

We've never been to the Miami area. Our Panama Canal Cruise ends there on Friday Oct 17th. Our plan is to stay two nights (Fri-Sat) and then fly home.

How is the South Beach Central area? We can get a good deal on Priceline Express 4 star hotel.

South Beach is where you want to stay for 2 nights. October is not very busy, so you shoudl get a deal, but Friday and Saturday can be "exciting" late into the night in SB -- as long as you are prepared to deal with noise, etc. (or better yet, just join the party), you will be fine!

Completely agree with John. Usually we stay in Miami one night pre-cruise at the IC Downtown. Last year we stayed two nights and would definately stay in SoBe the next time we're there longer than one night. Downtown is nice to kill a few hours the day before but there was much more to do over in SoBe when we cabbed over.

We've never been to the Miami area. Our Panama Canal Cruise ends there on Friday Oct 17th. Our plan is to stay two nights (Fri-Sat) and then fly home.

How is the South Beach Central area? We can get a good deal on Priceline Express 4 star hotel.

The area is outstanding. You can walk to everything in South Beach.

I think the 4 star may be The Hotel which is absolutely amazing. Best rooftop bar in South Beach and it is a Todd Oldham designed hotel.

Let us know which hotel you get!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond....

Looks like the place to stay after the cruise. Priceline Express Deal shows $162 for a 4 star South Beach Central Hotel. It's a little early but that seems like a pretty good deal?

South beach central is a little more north. Ocean drive 4 - 10th street is where its at. Check out the Avalon hotel and the restaurant A Fish Called Avalon. Its wonderful

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

I noticed there is only a $1 Priceline Express (4 star) difference between South Beach Central and South Beach Ocean Drive.

Is one location any better than the other?

I would not stay on Ocean Drive because it has gotten a little ghetto lately. Also, there are a lot of party places on Ocean Drive and it can get very loud. Because the hotels are so old, they have thin walls and the noise can keep you awake at night.

I would not stay on Ocean Drive because it has gotten a little ghetto lately. Also, there are a lot of party places on Ocean Drive and it can get very loud. Because the hotels are so old, they have thin walls and the noise can keep you awake at night.

Good info....Thanks so much!