Fort Lauderdale water taxi

Ronsangel

Hi everyone,

We're 2 weeks away from our cruise, and will be coming into FL a couple of days early to enjoy some time there. We're staying at the DoubleTree Gallery One (thanks to all for that suggestion), and are thinking about spending Friday using the water taxi service, since we have a stop right at our hotel.

My question - which stop(s) should we be sure to get off at? We like browsing shops, good food and interesting surroundings. I'm looking forward to just seeing and exploring FL.

Being Canadian, chain restaurants in the US make us happy since we don't get to them often, so dinner Friday night will likely be at PF Chang's in the mall, but we'll need a Friday lunch spot on the water taxi route, as well as a Thursday dinner spot close to the hotel as we won't get there until around 7pm.

Appreciate any suggestions!

I think Las Olas is definitely a must see but make sure you ride the water taxi all the way around at least once and definitely ride after dark.

http://www.LasOlasBoulevard.com

Great dining, Roccos Tacos, Gran Forno, Big City Tavern, Café Europa, Johnny Vs. Sweet Nectar, Timpanos, Lobster Bar, 401 Grille, Royal Pig to name a few.

The ride itself is a lot of fun and a great way to spend the day on the water.

Awesome - thank you! I see you can buy tickets ahead of time. Any need to do that, or should we just wait and buy on board? Not sure how busy the service is?

And any recommendations for dinner near the DoubleTree our first evening? We will have been traveling all day, so we'll be hungry :)

Awesome - thank you! I see you can buy tickets ahead of time. Any need to do that, or should we just wait and buy on board? Not sure how busy the service is?

And any recommendations for dinner near the DoubleTree our first evening? We will have been traveling all day, so we'll be hungry :)

You can buy the tickets on board. If the weather isn't nice you won't want to go so I would wait. Maybe the hotel sells them too.

For dinner the first evening, consider Seasons52 at Galleria if you want very good, healthy food (the portions aren't huge), but you should get reservations. There is also Burger Fi across the street (burgers, fries, frozen custard). If you want a more substantial meal, there is also Capital Grill and Trulucks at Galleria, or Texas de Brazil across the street. There are also casual Italian (Franco & Vinnie's) or Mexican (La Cantina) across the bridge but I'm not sure how good those are. If you have a car or want to walk a few blocks, There is Sukho Thai, Tipico, and Il Mulino about 5 blocks west on the same side of Sunrise as the hotel. It's a safe neighborhood.

No don't prepurchase. Your plans might change. And there is never trouble.