planning small get together in your suite

INDIANA JOE

Would someone explain how to set up a small party in your suite? Contact butler to set up? Any advice is appreciated....:)

Just let your Butler know when you are planning the event, and how many guests. They'll help with snacks, extra ice.........and help with the details as far as possibly re-arranging furniture and bringing in a few extra seats depending on the cabin.

I've had fruit platters, cheese/grapes, potatoe chips, sandwich platters, and other various snacks.

the butler will bring extra glass ware if needed, small plates/napkins....and best of all they come back and clean up after the party :D

So you are in a suite - - -

What is the protocol for inviting non suite guests i.e. IC OV Balcony to your

suite for pre-dinner wine & snacks or after dinner coffee deserts liquor cordials ?

I thinking along the lines of 4 couples invited.

Is it a black & white or gray area issue with using my suite perks to arrange

for functions - i.e. reservations for specialty dining ?

Would this be a bit tacky (or taxing) for the concierge to arrange these things ?

This will be a first time in a Suite and while I would like to make the most of it

I do not want to come off bypassing protocol for things that are not normally

done !

No where have I found the Rule Book of Cruising except to just simply ask and

what better place than here at Cruise Critic !

We have never had an issue with having non suite guest in for get togethers. Usually either myself or my husband will wait outside Cagneys and let them up. On one occasion our butler insisted on waiting for the guest himself and showing them up. On a couple of occasions we have had extra keys made for friends to allow them to get in our room if they were going to be coming and going often. We have had different food items depending on the make up of our guest. Once we had a bunch of 20 somethings and had wings and pizza. Usually we just go with sandwiches, fruits and cookies. Our concierge is also great about making dinner reservations for as many as we want. We try to be considerate and give him as much advance notice as possible. NCL makes entertaining easy and me look great.

Edited by toyotaford

A couple of years ago, we invited another couple to our suite for pre-drinks and to break open a rum cake bought ashore. We wanted to start with a shrimp platter. Our butler brought us not only shrimp, but also cheese and fruit platters, plus made sure there were enough glasses, plates & cutlery. She was amazing.

On our upcoming trip, there are 4 in our 2-family suite, plus we're inviting another couple in for lobster tail appetizers on the night the main dining room serves lobster (therefore, no charge) as we'll be having dinner in a specialty restaurant. FYI, lobster is usually served the first night, but we double check w/our butler when we board. We sent the request via our pre-cruise concierge, who relayed it to our concierge, who lets our butler know ahead of time.

We have never had an issue with having non suite guest in for get togethers. Usually either myself or my husband will wait outside Cagneys and let them up. On one occasion our butler insisted on waiting for the guest himself and showing them up. On a couple of occasions we have had extra keys made for friends to allow them to get in our room if they were going to be coming and going often. We have had different food items depending on the make up of our guest. Once we had a bunch of 20 somethings and had wings and pizza. Usually we just go with sandwiches, fruits and cookies. Our concierge is also great about making dinner reservations for as many as we want. We try to be considerate and give him as much advance notice as possible. NCL makes entertaining easy and me look great.

Thank You for your reply !

How much trouble is it for extra keys to made for quests using your suite ?

Obvious no sail & sign charging privileges just convenient access to the stateroom.

Thank You for your reply !

How much trouble is it for extra keys to made for quests using your suite ?

Obvious no sail & sign charging privileges just convenient access to the stateroom.

It was no trouble at all. We told the butler on his first visit to our room and he had them to us in a couple of hours.

So you are in a suite - - -

What is the protocol for inviting non suite guests i.e. IC OV Balcony to your

suite for pre-dinner wine & snacks or after dinner coffee deserts liquor cordials ?

I thinking along the lines of 4 couples invited.

Is it a black & white or gray area issue with using my suite perks to arrange

for functions - i.e. reservations for specialty dining ?

Would this be a bit tacky (or taxing) for the concierge to arrange these things ?

This will be a first time in a Suite and while I would like to make the most of it

I do not want to come off bypassing protocol for things that are not normally

done !

No where have I found the Rule Book of Cruising except to just simply ask and

what better place than here at Cruise Critic !

I've never had any issues with having the Concierge do all of our reservations for group dining arrangements, not only can they do reservations for your in the Specialty restaurants the Concierge can also get you reservations for the main dining rooms as well.

No issues having a port day breakfast gathering in the suite, afternoon social gatherings with snacks, or even inviting a couple friends for a full meal in the suite. I always let the Butler know as far in advance as I can, and ask for their suggestions as well as what types of snacks to put out....they always have good imput since they've done it all before. :)

Fwiw there was a menu of in-suite foods suggested for small gatherings when we were on Breakaway in March. Ita, just ask the butler, ours always had great ideas :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk