Party trays

mom2girlsVT

Do you have to order the party trays online before the cruise or can you order them once on board? I'm thinking like the canape or fruit and cheese platters. Also, I see there is a veggie platter for $18, but could you ask room service for a larger veggie tray since they have one for free on their menu?

You can order these from the Cherry On Top store once on the ship.

We usually have a small gathering in our cabin on a sea day and this is how we do it. Usually the day before the event we place the order. Then they set up and deliver on time.

Thank you for the responses....I may go the cheapo route and order 3 or 4 veggie boats from room service, but I am also glad to know I can order the platters on board. Anniversary/birthday party for one couple in our group.....

my opinon only

It's possible to be budget consious a maintain a level of class,,,, but really? :eek:

I didn't say I did it, it was just a thought. There was a great thread on here last week about tips people do to save some money and people talked about using room service trays to fix snacks to take back to their stateroom. I am budget CONSCIOUS and in my OPINION it is not classless to think outside of the box.

Or you could order room service one time the 1st day or night, keep the tray and go to the buffet and create your own fruit tray! I am a cheapo and this is what I would do.

Great idea!!!

When we order liquor and wine from Bon Voyage, and are hosting family in our room on one night before dinner or the show, we order several veggie and cheese plates from room service. It's just a quick bite to compliment, or to snack on what we are drinking, and I tip the attendant appropriately for the number of people in the room.

When we order liquor and wine from Bon Voyage, and are hosting family in our room on one night before dinner or the show, we order several veggie and cheese plates from room service. It's just a quick bite to compliment, or to snack on what we are drinking, and I tip the attendant appropriately for the number of people in the room.

Same here, absolutely nothing "classless" about doing this.

I think it was a great idea. Not everyone can afford to have the extras- It was kind of a nasty remark (or at least I took it that way). A lot of us budget TIGHTLY to make these vacations doable- if I'm part of a cabin crawl and want to have some nice goodies to share- I would consider your idea!

I didn't say I did it, it was just a thought. There was a great thread on here last week about tips people do to save some money and people talked about using room service trays to fix snacks to take back to their stateroom. I am budget CONSCIOUS and in my OPINION it is not classless to think outside of the box.

I want to thank everyone who thought my idea was a good one. I did think it was a nasty remark. Now I am posting the extremely long thread with lots of tips where I saw people keeping their room service trays for other uses. It begins in 2004 and goes to April 16th. There is a ton of info there about ways people do things to save money or just do out of the box things. Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=48388