Is O3b internet active on Allure yet?

I'm boarding Allure tomorrow and wondering if that O3b internet connection is active yet? I believe its live on Oasis already.

My understanding is the O3b system has been delayed and no ship is currently using it.

No. The O3b network is not operational yet as they don't have enough satellites in orbit. There were minor power problems with the first constellation of four, which delayed the second launch (and the Arianespace launch facility has been busy this year). It is now scheduled for July.

They have been testing the kit on Oasis (presumably when within the footprint of the birds that are flying) and apparently the results have been very encouraging. I read somewhere that RCI expect to go live in August, but that must be predicated on a launch as scheduled and no problems deploying the satellites.

Update: apparently this was discussed on the earnings call this week and a rollout of early summer mentioned (and there are hints of that in O3b communications). They may be trying to configure the current constellation to provide service, prior to their full operational capability later in the year. I am sure we will hear a LOT about it when it goes live - and I wonder what the price implications will be.

No. The O3b network is not operational yet as they don't have enough satellites in orbit. There were minor power problems with the first constellation of four, which delayed the second launch (and the Arianespace launch facility has been busy this year). It is now scheduled for July.

They have been testing the kit on Oasis (presumably when within the footprint of the birds that are flying) and apparently the results have been very encouraging. I read somewhere that RCI expect to go live in August, but that must be predicated on a launch as scheduled and no problems deploying the satellites.

Interesting. In March we were on Oasis and I saw a man wearing a golf shirt with a logo that sounded familiar, but couldn't place it. It said OB3. If I had clued in faster, not later that night, I would have asked him about how the systems were advancing. My luck he would have just been a guy with a shirt, not an actual technician.