Paying for shore excursions?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but how does Royal handle payments for shore excursions? Do you pay when you book them, as with Celebrity, or when you take them? We are seniors and are willing to pay the extra for peace of mind and to let someone else handle all the details, so we usually book through the ship.

Thanks,

Kathy

I realize this wasn't asked, but just to add, since you would be prepaying for the excursion, should you decide to cancel, as long as it is three days prior to sailing the charge will be credited directly back to your credit card.

Cancellations past the three day window can be made up to 24 hours in advance of the tour and will be credited to your SeaPass account as an OBC or applied to a different excursion if desired.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I realize this wasn't asked, but just to add, since you would be prepaying for the excursion, should you decide to cancel, as long as it is three days prior to sailing the charge will be credited directly back to your credit card.

Cancellations past the three day window can be made up to 24 hours in advance of the tour and will be credited to your SeaPass account as an OBC or applied to a different excursion if desired.

Cancellation of shore excursions is an area that RCCL is very poor.....I cancelled 2 excursions about 2 months ago, and after several phone calls, have still not received a refund...Just be careful.....

Cancellation of shore excursions is an area that RCCL is very poor.....I cancelled 2 excursions about 2 months ago, and after several phone calls, have still not received a refund...Just be careful.....

You may want to call RCI and speak with the resolutions department. They may be able to help or direct you to someone who can, as this sounds very unusual. In the past (when we would book an excursion) we have canceled well in advance before and had the charges credited in a week or two.

Edited by leaveitallbehind